• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I'm on a plane during the first E3 Livestream. Maybe with the power of Jason and Abby combined it can get uploaded in a reasonable amount of time!

TraBuch

Banned
HARRY POTTER GAME OR RIOT
Actually, yeah, I've really wanted a good, big-budget open world Harry Potter game for the longest time. Create a character that's starting out at Hogwarts, go through seven years while going to class to level up stats/learn abilities, join dueling clubs, play Quidditch, maybe have a Triwizard Tournament you could enter if you meet the requirements, a persistent world where all the students and professors live their own lives, etc.

Is that too much to ask?

so the absolute best-case scenario today is that EA alludes to their social media situation with a bit where at the end of every segment, someone comes on-stage and asks "yeah, but where's Skate 4" before being shooed away awkwardly

then when it happens after the final segment, the person speaking goes "OH GOD DAMN IT FINE, HERE'S SKATE 4"

Surely the time for a Harry Potter game was when the movies were coming out, and not, like, a decade later.

Star Wars games, though? Those are forever. Dunno why EA has dropped the ball so hard on them. (Star Wars Battlefield and Unnamed Action Game Releasing in 20XX don't really do much for me. Plus SWTOR. Oh SWTOR.)

oti

Banned
Surely the time for a Harry Potter game was when the movies were coming out, and not, like, a decade later.

Star Wars games, though? Those are forever. Dunno why EA has dropped the ball so hard on them. (Star Wars Battlefield and Unnamed Action Game Releasing in 20XX don't really do much for me. Plus SWTOR. Oh SWTOR.)

When the movies came out they had to release movie adaptations. They're done with that. But EA is still holding the rights for video games as far as I know. With all those Harry Potter fans growing up, with service games being a thing, there's some serious 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 to be made.

Literally the only thing that EA could reveal that would get me excited is a new Crüe Ball.
I literally just held a copy of the original in my hand less than5 minutes ago
EU48DY2.jpg

TraBuch

Banned

All the kids who grew up with Harry Potter are now adults with money and memories.

Kimaka

When the movies came out they had to release movie adaptations. They're done with that. But EA is still holding the rights for video games as far as I know. With all those Harry Potter fans growing up, with service games being a thing, there's some serious 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 to be made.

Absolutely. I would throw an ungodly amount of money for this

Actually, yeah, I've really wanted a good, big-budget open world Harry Potter game for the longest time. Create a character that's starting out at Hogwarts, go through seven years while going to class to level up stats/learn abilities, join dueling clubs, play Quidditch, maybe have a Triwizard Tournament you could enter if you meet the requirements, a persistent world where all the students and professors live their own lives, etc.

Is that too much to ask?

Hindl

Man EA going first, and being the only conference today, is kinda a bummer. It's like eating at one of those crazy buffets with a ton of fried shit and Mac n cheese and starting with a glass of water and some bread

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Harry Potter is bad tho.
You know what would actually deserve a good game adaptation and is kinda-sorta-not really relevant right now?

Blade
Runner

Not only is Blade Runner not a garbag-y franchise about a kid wizard and his friends having magical adventures in England but it also has a new movie coming out that's guaranteed to be just as good as the original. Cause Ridley Scott, right? Right?

Can't wait for a new John, John and nothing video!

Harry Potter is bad tho.
You know what would actually deserve a good game adaptation and is kinda-sorta-not really relevant right now?

Blade
Runner

Not only is Blade Runner not a garbag-y franchise about a kid wizard and his friends having magical adventures in England but it also has a new movie coming out that's guaranteed to be just as good as the original. Cause Ridley Scott, right? Right?

Can't wait for a new John, John and nothing video!
OK so you're wrong about Harry Potter but a good Blade Runner game would be dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom