• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1377303

0045_e8o46.gif

i don't get it

Got the rest of my new PC components today, so now with a rig that can handle it, I could finally try out PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. It's such a tense good time!

First game, I landed next to someone and got killed by a punch to the head. Second game, I landed next to someone, we went to separate houses, I found an Uzi, managed to kill the other player and take his shotgun, went to another house and ambushed two more players with that shotgun, then got killed at #20 when a passing dune buggy driver ran over himself and the person chasing him took me out while a was checking his loot. Third game (raining), I landed next to someone, went into a house that only had a crowbar, hid in the bathroom, and managed to whack him in the head when he opened the bathroom door. Managed to escape an open-field red zone with bombs bursting behind me, thanks to a lucky encounter with a jeep. I was later killed when I went up a guard tower to find a sniping spot, and got sniped.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Got the rest of my new PC components today, so now with a rig that can handle it, I could finally try out PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. It's such a tense good time!

First game, I landed next to someone and got killed by a punch to the head. Second game, I landed next to someone, we went to separate houses, I found an Uzi, managed to kill the other player and take his shotgun, went to another house and ambushed two more players with that shotgun, then got killed at #20 when a passing dune buggy driver ran over himself and the person chasing him took me out while a was checking his loot. Third game (raining), I landed next to someone, went into a house that only had a crowbar, hid in the bathroom, and managed to whack him in the head when he opened the bathroom door. Managed to escape an open-field red zone with bombs bursting behind me, thanks to a lucky encounter with a jeep. I was later killed when I went up a guard tower to find a sniping spot, and got sniped.

What's your build like?

I've been thinking for awhile that i should upgrade but can't really justify it.

What's your build like?

I've been thinking for awhile that i should upgrade but can't really justify it.

I wanted a sweet-spot build, so I went with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB. I haven't tried PUBG on Ultra presets yet (since those seem to be buggy on some builds), but on High settings it runs smoothly without any problems.

lkj2wjpu.gif

So I was stuck in Prey for a while cause my save had no health, no ammo and no mats to create any more of that stuff. I dropped the difficulty to easy and manage to finally make some progress....

Now I've been playing all night and this game is SO FUCKING AMAZING.

You feel so powerful once you start unlocking the late upgrade tree. So much fun exploration to do.

YES. The gameplay definitely improves depending on what you upgrade within that tree.
Dude, are you telling me "don't look at my ass" (which isn't even necessarily homophobic) is worse than "hey, you're not gonna rape us while we sleep right."

nmvckrg.jpg

Hopefully they'll give this one a look or a playdate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wanted a sweet-spot build, so I went with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB. I haven't tried PUBG on Ultra presets yet (since those seem to be buggy on some builds), but on High settings it runs smoothly without any problems.

Nice. At this point I'm thinking of just waiting for the 1170 or whatever.

WOW just saw in the NPD thread that Ghost Recon Wildlands is the best selling game of 2017 through April! Rorie was right, that game wasn't reviewed spectacularly and it's apparently crushing it sales wise.

I sometimes forget that what I see on GB, GAF, and other enthusiast sites many times doesn't line up with what is actually happening with the vast majority of the gaming crowd.

kiyomi

WOW just saw in the NPD thread that Ghost Recon Wildlands is the best selling game of 2017 through April! Rorie was right, that game wasn't reviewed spectacularly and it's apparently crushing it sales wise.

I sometimes forget that what I see on GB, GAF, and other enthusiast sites many times doesn't line up with what is actually happening with the vast majority of the gaming crowd.

People like shit that's easy to understand, doesn't make them think and they can play with their bros. It's not that surprising really, although it can be a bit sad to think that games like Wildlands which are devoid of any real creativity end up doing so well.

What would you change and why.

Rorie = Izzy the way he drops random info unprovoked and always has his laptop (in chat/customer support)
Abby = Biyomon because she's too good at her job to be Mimi while also currently being more of a strong support role than a shot caller
Dan = Agumon because Agumon is dumb but gets way more done than anyone else when he puts his mind to it without having to be a leader (could also be Patamon for similar reasons as Agumon and if you want to get into superficial rebirths with NuDan)

I also considered Bakalar = Mimi at first, but your choice of Bakalar = Gomamon is freakin inspired the more I think about it (especially paired with Vinny = Joe).

Since it is an original Xbox port, are the PC requirements really low? Don't have W10 on my main PC but if it works on my GPD Win, that'd be pretty great.

Hasney

Since it is an original Xbox port, are the PC requirements really low? Don't have W10 on my main PC but if it works on my GPD Win, that'd be pretty great.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz | AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 | AMD Radeon HD 7750

Honestly, if it works on a 650, it should work on an on-board.

oti

Banned
Rorie = Izzy the way he drops random info unprovoked and always has his laptop (in chat/customer support)
Abby = Biyomon because she's too good at her job to be Mimi while also currently being more of a strong support role than a shot caller
Dan = Agumon because Agumon is dumb but gets way more done than anyone else when he puts his mind to it without having to be a leader (could also be Patamon for similar reasons as Agumon and if you want to get into superficial rebirths with NuDan)

I also considered Bakalar = Mimi at first, but your choice of Bakalar = Gomamon is freakin inspired the more I think about it (especially paired with Vinny = Joe).

I took the easy way out and picked the two brothers for Jason and Dan. Tbh for Abby I didn't know who to pick since she's new and I'm sure she's better that Mimi.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz | AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 | AMD Radeon HD 7750

Honestly, if it works on a 650, it should work on an on-board.

Thanks. I'm gonna try it when I can. It can handle Xbox 360 games well enough but I use mine for those pre-2006 games.

derFeef

You are not getting to use your Arsenal/Deck in Quick Match, Ben. It's random skills there.

I'm more referring to the skill system?

You really have to constantly run back to collect orbs?

Not if you don't want to switch your skills up. Remember that Ben got shot with the "forget skill" thingie by that coffin enemy a lot.

jaina

well, East bought 1080p cameras and since a few months has the pipeline to use them. And West is still on the 720p camcorders they bought years ago.
AFAIK

kiyomi

well, East bought 1080p cameras and since a few months has the pipeline to use them. And West is still on the 720p camcorders they bought years ago.
AFAIK

Nah, they bought new cameras recently. They're the detachable ones that look like tablets. Pretty sure they're 1080p if not higher?

I noticed UPF being kinda blurry too. It's just Jason being Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom