• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

I started a new ME:A character and I'm kind of enjoying the game now

reminds me of my time with Fallout 4, where I thought the writing and quests were "meh" but I liked the combat and some of the characters so I was willing to look past it

still don't think I'd recommend it, unless you want to kiss aliens and do dull open world checklist missions while listening to podcasts

Did Austin go on some pro-Fireflies from TLOU rant on a E3 Waypoint stream on something? His twitter feed is really anti-Joel right now.
I think he did mention something about selling TLOU back to GameStop and chatting up some people at the store who were like "I just love Joel!" and he was thinking "I cannot even have this conversation with you right now"

Of course if you ask me Joel doing a real awful thing was like the whole point of that ending and why it's such a clever way to end a AAA game from a developer known for making a series about a wisecracking lovable murderer

I think he did mention something about selling TLOU back to GameStop and chatting up some people at the store who were like "I just love Joel!" and he was thinking "I cannot even have this conversation with you right now"

Of course if you ask me Joel doing a real awful thing was like the whole point of that ending and why it's such a clever way to end a AAA game from a developer known for making a series about a wisecracking lovable murderer

one of the worst things is "character who is a terrible person is beloved by the fanbase"

joel, walter white, frank underwood, the list goes on

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm replaying The New Order right now and its a good game but I keep trying to play it like DOOM and fuck you can't play that game like DOOM

Fuck reloading

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wait

austin thinks the fireflies were good people?

people who play the last of us think 'good people' exist in it when the whole point of it is that its a shitty dire world where people do what they have to do to get by?

SomberOwl

do dull open world checklist missions while listening to podcasts

This is why I really like Ubisoft games and Ubisoft like games. Nothing wrong with zoning out enjoying a podcast while collecting stuff on a map. Story isn't make or break for everyone. Some people just like fun gameplay loops

pizzacat

Banned
I'm replaying The New Order right now and its a good game but I keep trying to play it like DOOM and fuck you can't play that game like DOOM

Fuck reloading
I've died like 20 times in the wake up level thinking I can kill everything with the pistols lol

It's mechanics with the wall peeking is much needed tbh

Salarians

This is why I really like Ubisoft games and Ubisoft like games. Nothing wrong with zoning out enjoying a podcast while collecting stuff on a map. Story isn't make or break for everyone. Some people just like fun gameplay loops
yeah, I get that

it's been a while since I've played a game like that so maybe I'm just due, I've got to be in the mood for it
Why would you want to visit a Gamestop?
got to buy those funko pops somewhere

Why would you want to visit a Gamestop?

Amiibo addiction.

Thrill of visiting a possibly dead mall.

Want to look down on people.

Want to pre-order games with no release date.

Need to re-up your Game Informer subscription.

Want to hate yourself for trading a game in for 30% of it's worth.

Bored.

Funko Pop addiction.

Go to work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the grand prix mode for arms the game says the cute cop and dog fighters real passion is fighting

the cop guys secret passion is fighting

TraBuch

Banned
Wonder what specifically is Austin's issue with TLoU's ending. Joel being selfish is the entire point. Or is his anger directed specifically at the people that're like "Joel's so awesome!"?

I will try to dig that out. I'm pretty sure I archived all of Extra Life, but didn't have time to sync it to videos.
Awesome, thanks.

Flipyap

Did Austin go on some pro-Fireflies from TLOU rant on a E3 Waypoint stream on something? His twitter feed is really anti-Joel right now.
Please, don't say that. I still haven't been able to process Austin outing himself as a replicant truther.

Ashby

He's a very sympathetic figure. He's not necessarily a good man, but he's no Walter White.

Yeah, I don't get the desire to make him out to be a villain whilst simultaneously minimizing the fact that The Fireflies were about to murder a teenage girl with no guarantee it would result in any positive result.

The Neil Druckmann slow start (tm) is a bit of a bummer in Uncharted 4 but other then that.... its totally the 2nd best uncharted game, just behind Uncharted 2.

I hope someone has the balls to tell him he doesn't need to make his own version of Gone Home at the start of TLOU 2.

The Neil Druckmann slow start (tm) is a bit of a bummer in Uncharted 4 but other then that.... its totally the 2nd best uncharted game, just behind Uncharted 2.

I hope someone has the balls to tell him he doesn't need to make his own version of Gone Home at the start of TLOU 2.

I thought that was one of the best parts of the game. It really resonated and made a nice contrast to the things that come later in the game.

robotrock

Banned
someone post the vince vaughn quote
edit:
landscape_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom