• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

one of the worst things is "character who is a terrible person is beloved by the fanbase"

joel, walter white, frank underwood, the list goes on

There's an avatar on here somewhere that's Walter White with The Dark Knight Joker face paint. All that needs is to be photoshopped into the Scarface poster to hit the trifecta.

strafer

DCo0iO3VwAAvrMJ.jpg:large

Tbf Joel is a more interesting character than anything Austins ever come up in his roleplaying podcast. Its no wonder why hes jealous of him.

Hopefully a joke(?), or this is legitimately one of the worst GBGAF posts I've ever read. Blaming someone's dislike for something on jealousy is never not the most childish thing.

Strax

TD S1 might be the most overrated season of TV in the last 10 years or so.
TD S2 might be the most underrated season of TV in the last 10 years or so.

The Neil Druckmann slow start (tm) is a bit of a bummer in Uncharted 4 but other then that.... its totally the 2nd best uncharted game, just behind Uncharted 2.

I hope someone has the balls to tell him he doesn't need to make his own version of Gone Home at the start of TLOU 2.

I was mostly good with the beginning chapters of Uncharted 4, except for the Scuba Diving section. Just felt pointless, should of just been a cut scene.

I think the only real thing you get out of it is it's your first time moving a rope around objects, which kind of comes in handy later I guess? Except those parts are always so simple and practically tell you what to do that that they could just remove that first one or move it to another part of the game. Not like you needed to know the game lets you do that.

Remove that section and tighten some of the others up just a tad and the beginning is perfect.

Strax

Sometimes I forget how fucked people are.
Then I come across podcasts on Youtube (I won't link it) which is over 3 hours, with 7-8 people, talking with glee about a Youtuber, whom they hate, breaking up with his girlfriend.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sometimes I forget how fucked people are.
Then I come across podcasts on Youtube (I won't link it) which is over 3 hours, with 7-8 people, talking with glee about a Youtuber, whom they hate, breaking up with his girlfriend.

Ben and abby are going too far with taking on their haters.

FHIZ

So I've been thinking, but does anyone else enjoy the legit pieces of inside baseball that come from the Lang/JV/Adam Boyes segments? Sure, most of it's a late night garbage fire, but every now and then they say some insightful stuff, just wrapped in the ridiculous of the situation.

I think it was last year where post-Sony, so it couldn't have been the E3 stuff, so my memory might be hazy, but Boyes was talking about the No Man's Sky situation and how HelloGames sort of did their own thing without Sony PR backing them up, and that obviously sewed a good deal of the controversy to come.

This year, I just finished the E3 segment, and I think it was when the three were roleplaying as each other, but Lang starts going off about how Sony is shunning indies and it didn't sound like a joke... at all. And it got me thinking that it really seems like that's the case lately, especially since Boyes left, I can't remember a single time Sony has been on stage really showing off a strong indie line-up the way they used to. Outside of VR stuff, Sony didn't seem to mention anything that wasn't AAA at this E3. Meanwhile, Microsoft had a whole bunch of cool looking smaller games that they locked some nebulous exclusivity around, a lot of which I'd obviously like it it was on the console I use 99.9% of the time over my Xbox.

I don't know, wonder if there's actually anything there. Sort of fun reading between the lines of some of the things said in those segments.

TraBuch

Banned
Let's say I really like this song musically, but the moment the growling and yelling starts it kills the song, what's out there for me?

So I've been thinking, but does anyone else enjoy the legit pieces of inside baseball that come from the Lang/JV/Adam Boyes segments? Sure, most of it's a late night garbage fire, but every now and then they say some insightful stuff, just wrapped in the ridiculous of the situation.

I think it was last year where post-Sony, so it couldn't have been the E3 stuff, so my memory might be hazy, but Boyes was talking about the No Man's Sky situation and how HelloGames sort of did their own thing without Sony PR backing them up, and that obviously sewed a good deal of the controversy to come.

This year, I just finished the E3 segment, and I think it was when the three were roleplaying as each other, but Lang starts going off about how Sony is shunning indies and it didn't sound like a joke... at all. And it got me thinking that it really seems like that's the case lately, especially since Boyes left, I can't remember a single time Sony has been on stage really showing off a strong indie line-up the way they used to. Outside of VR stuff, Sony didn't seem to mention anything that wasn't AAA at this E3. Meanwhile, Microsoft had a whole bunch of cool looking smaller games that they locked some nebulous exclusivity around, a lot of which I'd obviously like it it was on the console I use 99.9% of the time over my Xbox.

I don't know, wonder if there's actually anything there. Sort of fun reading between the lines of some of the things said in those segments.
While it does seem like indies are less of a focus for Sony, there's still a pretty huge indie presence at PSX, which it kinda seems like Sony's been focusing more on than E3 lately.

I imagine a decent amount of Sony's interest in indies died along with the Vita.

Tbf Joel is a more interesting character than anything Austins ever come up in his roleplaying podcast. Its no wonder why hes jealous of him.

Austin is jealous of Joel because even a fictional white guy in a post-apocalyptic setting will still get treated better than a black man in America in 2017.

Hell, I'm jealous of Joel now.

Austin's tastes are inscrutable sometimes. The dude likes True Detective S2 but not Hannibal S3. You can't explain that.

Watching some of the Waypoint E3 content, what he's saying about Joel reminds me of what he said about Kratos in the new God of War. Nobody seemed to disagree with him and it highlights why I haven't regularly listened to Waypoint. Good cast but it's very insular. Seriously, Austin was cheerleading for Knack 2 and nobody challenges him!

J_Viper

Let's say I really like this song musically, but the moment the growling and yelling starts it kills the song, what's out there for me?
Burden, off that same album, is a masterpiece

Benighted, also from Opeth, is a great clean track too

Recent Opeth has been devoid of death metal vocals, though the actual music has shifted to a more organ-driven rock sound

TraBuch

Banned
Watching some of the Waypoint E3 content, what he's saying about Joel reminds me of what he said about Kratos in the new God of War. Nobody seemed to disagree with him and it highlights why I haven't regularly listened to Waypoint. Good cast but it's very insular. Seriously, Austin was cheerleading for Knack 2 and nobody challenges him!
So what you're saying is that the Waypoint podcast is basically the Bombcast and everyone just agrees with each other.

Ashby

Do you have a link to this? I want to hear him expound on this stuff. I've just been looking at his twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom