• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Once upon a time, Patrick Klepek worked at 1Up
2499582-2499581-4209451525-1UP%252BN.jpg

which was owned by Ziff Davis.

Man, remember how much of an asshole Shane Bettenhausen was? So much fun listening to him fight with Garnett or Luke on 1UP Yours. If there's something that GB lacks, it's that.

Man, remember how much of an asshole Shane Bettenhausen was? So much fun listening to him fight with Garnett or Luke on 1UP Yours. If there's something that GB lacks, it's that.

The final 1UP Yours podcast being the one where they finally had the GB guys on was kinda poetic.

Those two podcasts where my jam back then going to and from college.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is that pose that Ben and Abby are doing on their "millennial" photos?
I'm a 30 year old millennial myself, but I have no idea what it's from.

Remember when Luke Smith stabbed him with a pen over PlayStation sales figures?

The media REALLY cared about video games then

Watching some of the Waypoint E3 content, what he's saying about Joel reminds me of what he said about Kratos in the new God of War. Nobody seemed to disagree with him and it highlights why I haven't regularly listened to Waypoint. Good cast but it's very insular. Seriously, Austin was cheerleading for Knack 2 and nobody challenges him!

I mean, Joel and Kratos are shitty characters.

Do you have a link to this? I want to hear him expound on this stuff. I've just been looking at his twitter.

I can't recall the specific podcast, but I watched it on their YouTube page.

Shane and Luke being PlayStation and Xbox pundits, respectively, was a highly entertaining mess.

One of my favorite moments across 1up was the E3 walk through with Shawn Elliot, when he compared the Wii zapper and scale to Kentia Hall wares.

Ashby

Ryan was great at that but he did it in a way that never pissed me off like Shane did.

- J - D -

Is the Halo almost too good guy still in the gaming business?

I think you're talking about Ryan O'Donnell. Last I saw him he was with AREA 5 with some of the post-1UP people.

The final 1UP Yours podcast being the one where they finally had the GB guys on was kinda poetic.

Those two podcasts where my jam back then going to and from college.

That particular 1UP Yours actually got me listening to the GB guys. Before then I always knew about Jeff and co. in the periphery sine they were Gamespot crew, but the 1UP podcast and shows were my focus back then.

Remember when Luke Smith stabbed him with a pen over PlayStation sales figures?

The media REALLY cared about video games then

lol I don't actually remember that. Sounds about right though. The two of them really got heated sometimes.

Curufinwe

I listened to a 1up segment on YouTube that I came across searching for something during E3, and Luke was calling something or someone retarded within minutes. Times have changed.

- J - D -

One of my favorite moments across 1up was the E3 walk through with Shawn Elliot, when he compared the Wii zapper and scale to Kentia Hall wares.

I remember that, and speaking of the Wii, one of my favorite 1UP moments was then-editor Sam Kennedy showing up to a PS3 launch dressed up as a Wiimote and flipped up off all the people camping in line.

AExNojj.png

Ryan was great at that but he did it in a way that never pissed me off like Shane did.

Yeah, Ryan rode that edge a little more without going too far. Still miss him.

I listened to a 1up segment on YouTube that I came across searching for something during E3, and Luke was calling something or someone retarded within minutes. Times have changed.

Speaking of, how crazy is it that Luke Smith is the director of Bungies new game?

Like... I dont know how you choose the director but dude sure did go from the bottom to the very top pretty quick.

I guess he did rise to the challenge when its seemed Destiny was a trash fire. Thats grit!

I'm a firm believer that if you don't like me to do it then don't let me in ... I just like doing it, man. It's not to be boastful, and from the crowd's response they like seeing it. ... Tell me what to do "Dab on them folks," so I tried "Dab on them folks," in that tone too. "Dab on them folks." He's only like 16, but he's got an Adam's apple out of this world
-Cam Newton on dabbing.

tesqui

I think I can remember Ryan saying retard quite a few times in older bombcasts from '08 and '09.

Always fascinating to be able to go back in time and listen to how different and relaxed people were about certain words and subjects.

TraBuch

Banned
Seems like a lot of people still say retarded. I don't think it's nearly as taboo as other words that people have learned not to use.

Aselith

I think I can remember Ryan saying retard quite a few times in older bombcasts from '08 and '09.

Always fascinating to be able to go back in time and listen to how different and relaxed people were about certain words and subjects.

I mean shit Jason made a special ed joke recently although he did apologize immediately.

I'm glad I grew up in a time when the internet was scarce. We had to be economical about memes. Now you can download a terabyte of dab vids in 4K before your fidget spinner stops.

Curufinwe

Jeff not buying an air conditioner and having it be 90 degrees in his house is silly verging on annoying. They aren't expensive and he's a man of means.

Catching up on the e3 live shows. Just finished day two.

Woods clash of clans story,
And trumbone story killed me.

Last segment was awesome. Jeff and everyone got me more excited/interested about rabbids Mario. Also they were right, I wish the game never leaked lol

Great show, onto day 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom