• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Dear god, that KH2 thread. People are so weird about spoilers, I just don't understand it.

dleazy spittin fire

SAVey1s.png

I fear for his safety from nintendo fans.

Obviously that's not how it works.

You need to set up a petition, duh.

Fantastapotamus

People liked MG for it's gameplay? I never thought any of the MGS games (except V) played good at all.

Nex Machina is out tomorrow and looks great.

Looks like it could be a perfect TitR game. Just sayin

Only old games are allowed in GB premium videos.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also it's more like the structure of it seems to not be able to sustain the entire game unless you're just super into the gameplay.

hamchan

Nah MGS games are legitimately awesome in the gameplay department.

I've played through 1-4 multiple times and I sure didn't do it because of the story.

danm999

MGS3 always seemed like a chore gameplay wise. It had lots of cool ideas in terms of survival mechanics but they got super cloying and the camera stuff in the PS2 original was straight up bad.

But shit the story is best in class.

daveo42

Banned
People love the story in MGS because it's a great mix of semi-realistic concepts, just insane enough plot lines, and military jargon out the ass. It is also (as some would accurately describe) anime af.

Sad that the best playing MGS also had the worst story of the bunch.

Dear god, that KH2 thread. People are so weird about spoilers, I just don't understand it.

It's more that the original thread was about a really shitty fake-out death that didn't even matter on top of the fact that people are still playing the game thanks to its recent rereleases. I mean, yeah, no one expects anyone of importance to die in a KH game (at least related to Disney) because it's Disney but it's also a dumb thing to spoil in the first place.

Antiwhippy

At this point I kind of want either vinny or alex to take the reins because their weird cooing to Dan to like something he doesn't like is really... well, weird. It's like 2 parents trying to cajole their child to eat their vegetables or something.

edit: like honestly with how much Dan asks to be directed by Vinny and Alex it does feel like 2 parents guiding their child to do a chore lol.

kingocfs

The AI in Horizon is the only thing holding this game back for me. It's really bad and really unfortunate because the rest of it is so damn good.

It's fucking hot on this globe, I've got a 10 day vacation and all I want to do (and am doing) is play BotW, ARMS, Persona 5 and watch Giant Bomb. And I don't care.

Hey do any of y'all live in Germany or Austria, or have in the past? I'm planning a solo trip there for later this year (partially inspired by Drew) and would love to run a few questions by someone in the know!

Hey do any of y'all live in Germany or Austria, or have in the past? I'm planning a solo trip there for later this year (partially inspired by Drew) and would love to run a few questions by someone in the know!

I've been a few times but I'm no expert yet. I do have a one way ticket to Germany to live with my gf there in August!

What are you trying to figure out?

I've been a few times but I'm no expert yet. I do have a one way ticket to Germany to live with my gf there in August!

What are you trying to figure out?

Rad! I've been there once before, but it has been over a decade. Mostly I'm just looking to figure out the best places to visit, the best means of travel and what train/bus passes I can/should get beforehand, any hostels I should stay at...stuff like that!

Specifically I want to visit Berlin, Nuremberg, and any other major places a history buff would be interested in. I also would like to jump over to Salzburg and see more of Austria.

Rad! I've been there once before, but it has been over a decade. Mostly I'm just looking to figure out the best places to visit, the best means of travel and what train/bus passes I can/should get beforehand, any hostels I should stay at...stuff like that!

Specifically I want to visit Berlin, Nuremberg, and any other major places a history buff would be interested in. I also would like to jump over to Salzburg and see more of Austria.

Bus wise we would use Mein Fernbus. Come to think of it unlike in Italy we used buses a lot more than trains and considering she is from there I guess there must be a reason for that.

That said, we did take a train from her home near Augsburg to Nuremberg, which personally was one of my favorite cities to go to. Different strokes of course, but I think you made a good choice wanting to go there. And if you go there look into Augsburg as well and see if there is enough history there for you. I think there actually would be.

About staying places I believe we mostly just did AirBNBs, but we are power users of that website lol. Hopefully others can chime in! There is also a German GAF community thread.

oti

Banned

Here: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1333750&page=1

Curufinwe

Yakuza 0 slips further down the GOTY list with each passing week

It's going down Dan's list, but up Alex and Vinny's lists as they increasingly realize Dan is playing it wrong and develop the urge to yank the controller out of his hands.

That's my take as someone who hasn't ever played a Yakuza game.

Hasney

Really? In what capacity? Does he earn a salary? I cannot find anything about this but a vague mention in Danny's Twitter bio.

How does he think it's honest to his Patreon Subscribers to take a games industry job while still running the Patreon? Wasn't part of his sales pitch that is would be a full time gig?

He sits down for an hour or something a week (or twice a week?) to talk games. it takes as much time up as his F1 podcast.

hamchan

Yeah it's just a podcast appearance for Danny, nothing too major. Like how Vinny, Dan and Alex guest appear on CNET's Beastcast podcast hosted by Jeff Bakalar.

Also now that I've thought about it Dan should definitely control all the Yakuza games as they go through each and every one. He should be as punished as Drew.

Bus wise we would use Mein Fernbus. Come to think of it unlike in Italy we used buses a lot more than trains and considering she is from there I guess there must be a reason for that.

That said, we did take a train from her home near Augsburg to Nuremberg, which personally was one of my favorite cities to go to. Different strokes of course, but I think you made a good choice wanting to go there. And if you go there look into Augsburg as well and see if there is enough history there for you. I think there actually would be.

About staying places I believe we mostly just did AirBNBs, but we are power users of that website lol. Hopefully others can chime in! There is also a German GAF community thread.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'll check out DeutschGAF. I may avoid AirBNBs since part of my reason for going is to meet people. Please let me know if you think of anything I'd be interested in though!

Thanks!

Antiwhippy

It's going down Dan's list, but up Alex and Vinny's lists as they increasingly realize Dan is playing it wrong and develop the urge to yank the controller out of his hands.

That's my take as someone who hasn't ever played a Yakuza game.

I kind of think they should. It'll at least make the combat segments fun to watch probably. It's just kinda sad to see Dan's frustrations at this point, and not in a fun MGScanlon way, because it's harder to have random shenanigans in Yakuza unlike MGS.

Who knows though. I like the series but it's always a "like despite the combat" thing for me. 0 seems much improved, but I haven't played it.

Fantastapotamus

Ask me anything about Austria.
If you don't mind travelling by bus, I might recommend Flixbus. They currently have an offer, 5 cities for 99€ which is a pretty good offer especially because the buses go everywhere and are of a pretty decent quality. Though keep in my that only direct trips are part of the offer

https://interflix.flixbus.com/

Ask me anything about Austria.
If you don't mind travelling by bus, I might recommend Flixbus. They currently have an offer, 5 cities for 99€ which is a pretty good offer especially because the buses go everywhere and are of a pretty decent quality. Though keep in my that only direct trips are part of the offer

https://interflix.flixbus.com/

Yeah Mein Fernbus is owned by Flixbus or something like that. Seems to be the way to go.

I have seen the name Flixbus come up a lot, so it seems worth looking into.

I'm crafting a post for DeutschGAF, and it is making me really self-conscious about my German. I'm sure everyone speaks great English in there but I'd like to make an effort. Would they rather I just post in English?

Fantastapotamus

Why do you call a Tüte a Sackerl when that is obviously pretty dumb and Tüte is unquestionably the right way to go?

Tüte is among the most German words possible and it hurts my soul every time I have to hear or see it. The only thing worse is when people call a Semmel a "Brötchen".
Simply disgusting.

I have seen the name Flixbus come up a lot, so it seems worth looking into.

I'm crafting a post for DeutschGAF, and it is making me really self-conscious about my German. I'm sure everyone speaks great English in there but I'd like to make an effort. Would they rather I just post in English?

Yeah just write it English lol. It has to be better than my 101 skills though!

Fantastapotamus

Fun fact: It took me 24 years to realize that you weirdos don't say Jänner in Germany. I honestly never knew that until 6 years ago.

If you call your brötchen a semmel get the fuck out of my face.

I'll do whatever you want, just stop posting this disgusting word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom