• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought germans are more about the pork

I had a stack of games I wanted to get to after wrapping up Automata, but I found myself here instead

792dle4.png

It's good!

In some ways the gameplay is better than automata lmao.

Automata still resonated more for me but if you love automata you'll love the OG nier.

Getting back to persona 5. Just finished the fourth dungeon and now have
futaba
their character and back story finally has me fully into this game. Took 60 hours though. Hopefully it keeps going up from here

Antiwhippy

Alex cares more about automata though so I have faith.

It was a strategic mistake for the perosna 5 camp for alex to play both games.

Also persona 5 is pretty good.

TraBuch

Banned
So when Dan plays games, he literally just focuses on the middle of the screen and can't see life bars and stuff? How did he play Dark Souls?

Kimaka

Although I fully expect them to shelve Yakuza for a while after 0 like with the Castlevania series, did they say if they were going to play Kiwami or 1 next? Because if they are playing 1, boy are they going to have a rough time. As someone who had a lot of fun with 0's combat, 1 is all the bad qualities of 0 x10 and a lot less forgiving.

I'm starting to wish that they would avoid the side combat at this point since Dan is having such a frustrating time with it. None of the story encounters are difficult. They could probably get through them easily without training for all the moves.

Although I fully expect them to shelve Yakuza for a while after 0 like with the Castlevania series, did they say if they were going to play Kiwami or 1 next? Because if they are playing 1, boy are they going to have a rough time. As someone who had a lot of fun with 0's combat, 1 is all the bad qualities of 0 x10 and a lot less forgiving.

I'm starting to wish that they would avoid the side combat at this point since Dan is having such a frustrating time with it. None of the story encounters are difficult. They could probably get through them easily without training for all the moves.

The plan was Kiwami next.

Wunder

kiwami

Antiwhippy

Oh I don't mind lol. It's rare for my favourite games to appear in the top 10, let alone top 5. :p

Like last year only the only shared games I have with the GOTY list is overwatch and stardew?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wolfenstein will be 1 to make up for the 2014 snub.

I hope I actually get to play the real version this time, not the stupid German version they forced on me last time despite not being German. (Though the voice acting was actually surprisingly good)

Fantastapotamus

This could be an extraordinary year where we get to see all of Nintendo's first party Switch games in the GB Top 10. Zelda AND Mario.

Antiwhippy

That said, I'm happy that the switch is having a pretty stellar first year. Hopefully it doesn't drop off in 2018 because it's like nintendo has hot and cold years.

I remember a year where there was literally fuck all for the 3DS in its prime.

imBask

Banned
don't confuse "stellar first year" with "the couple of games out are great"

it's still gathering dust and the eshop is empty

Hasney

Who's gathering dust? Mine certainly isn't, and not just because I clean the flat.

Certainly played it more than the first year of my PS4.

Antiwhippy

I mean it's better than the PS4/Xbone, where I didn't buy a PS4 Pro until like, late last year because bloodborne was the only game I wanted to play on it.

I had more games I wanted to play on the Vita than the PS4.

Which I realise I'm the minority in, ok.

Fantastapotamus

I was really hoping for some more games before my vacation on July 19th. Now I'm not even sure if I should bring my Switch along cause aside from Zelda I don't really see anything I really want to play on the go. Arms and Splatoon seem like fun but I'll be without internet for most of the time, so.....

Really could use something to make 40+ hours in buses more tolerable.

Meguro

Banned
The first year of the PS4 was really dire.
I don't think people really remember it correctly.
This generation had a real rough start.

Hasney

I was really hoping for some more games before my vacation on July 19th. Now I'm not even sure if I should bring my Switch along cause aside from Zelda I don't really see anything I really want to play on the go. Arms and Splatoon seem like fun but I'll be without internet for most of the time, so.....

Really could use something to make 40+ hours in buses more tolerable.

Disgea 5 if you've not already played it and think it might be something you'll dig.

Hindl

We already have the Austin Walker Precedent.

All passion games will get relegated to the bottom 10.
And Dan with Stardew/Alex with thumper
Favourite part of E3.

Raw passion is always good to see.

You're expecting ARMs, fire emblem, pokemon ultra sun/moon and 1 2 switch? :p
The Splatoon 2 disrespect is real
don't confuse "stellar first year" with "the couple of games out are great"

it's still gathering dust and the eshop is empty
Couple of great games is totally a stellar first year. The switch has one of the best first years of the last three generations of consoles

Antiwhippy

I'm actually really looking forward to Splatoon 2, it's more that aren't they usually pretty weird about multiplayer sequels?

2 seems a lot more robust than 1 at initial release though. Especially with the single player stuff and salmon run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Splatoon loses a lot from a GB's perspective because its not new anymore. A big part of the appeal was Nintendo making a good FPS with a new IP. Without that, I doubt it'd be higher than 10 on a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom