• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

So im at the point in the bmbcast where they mentioned the Witcher 3s combat...

What are people's issue with it?

They were probably bad at it. Witcher 3 is kinda too good of a game for Giant Bomb. Like the Dishonored series.

Btw, hasn't Gary Whitta's stock shot way up since he was last on Giant Bomb? He wrote the new Star Trek, right?

hamchan

Nah no one ever brings up the Witcher 3 combat not being great, making it stick out like a sore thumb in a game where everything else is amazing.

If Jeff doesn't bump some Mobb Deep on Mixlr tonight, I'm boycotting.

They'll probably go to the playlist. Go add some, or else.
XxXVLhNl.png

justjim89

ryan.jpg

I don't think the problem with The Witcher 3's combat is that it is "too good".

I just mean there's too much depth in the writing, the questing, and the gameplay throughout the entirety of the game for GB to fully appreciate, since they all have such short attention spans when it comes to games and are so quick to drop a game at the first sign of confusion or difficulty and write it off as the game being "janky" or "rough around the edges."

robotrock

Banned
I just mean there's too much depth in the writing, the questing, and the gameplay throughout the entirety of the game for GB to fully appreciate, since they all have such short attention spans when it comes to games and are so quick to drop a game at the first sign of confusion or difficulty and write it off as the game being "janky" or "rough around the edges."
Why do you keep making this bad post

imBask

Banned
Super Mario World is a bad game because the story isn't as great as Chrono Trigger's

that's what you Witcher 3 haterz sound like

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look I can say that Nier Automata's combat scenarios are nowhere near platinum's best and still think that it is a Top 3 game of all time for me.

Games you love doesn't mean games that you think are perfect.

Joeku

Look I can say that Nier Automata's combat scenarios are nowhere near platinum's best and still think that it is a Top 3 game of all time for me.

Games you love doesn't mean games that you think are perfect.

I gotta say, I've only played the demo but it feels very un-Platinum for the character to swing like three times on a single button press.

Didn't like that :/

Teddified

I just can never understand the sentiment of the combat in W3 being so bad you won't continue on. I thought it was average and had enough fun with it that I never really dreaded combat.

The probable reason is GB guys just don't wanna invest the time.

Antiwhippy

That shouldn't happen unless you're like charging an attack.

There is more depth to the combat than people give it credit for, it's just the moment to moment scenarios really. There are quite a number of standout segments but the weird levelling system means that it's pretty easy to blast through without really needing to explore the combat system? Which wqas fine at some point because I was so invested in seeing through the story.

Replaying it now though I'm having fun with toying around with launchers and the homing toss thing you can do.

Moaradin

Super Mario World is a bad game because the story isn't as great as Chrono Trigger's

that's what you Witcher 3 haterz sound like

Pretty bad analogy. The story doesn't matter in SMW. Combat is the thing you'll be doing the most of in Witcher 3, and if I find that a chore, then the story might not be enough to carry it for me.

Pretty bad analogy. The story doesn't matter in SMW. Combat is the thing you'll be doing the most of in Witcher 3, and if I find that a chore, then the story might not be enough to carry it for me.

The great thing about The Witcher 3 is that's totally not true. This is a game that has a two hour quest where your objective is literally to have fun at a wedding.

Antiwhippy

Plus Mario Odyssey is jumping onto the trend of exploring existential horror.

If mario could be you than what are you.

Really.

Moaradin

The great thing about The Witcher 3 is that's totally not true. This is a game that has a two hour quest where your objective is literally to have fun at a wedding.

Isn't that DLC? Wasn't out when I played so I don't count it. I put 80 hours into that game and most of what I remember is the clunky combat and unresponsive controls. I disliked almost everything about how that game controlled lol

Anjin M

Isn't that DLC? Wasn't out when I played so I don't count it. I put 80 hours into that game and most of what I remember is the clunky combat and unresponsive controls. I disliked almost everything about how that game controlled lol
If someone asked me to name my Game of the Generation right now, I'd say The Witcher 3. But the combat is not everything it could be.

Hindl

The combat is probably the most common complaint next to the lack of dungeons.
Maybe if you combine actual fighting, weapon durability, and lack of enemy variety/enemy scaling to be damage sponges all under "combat"

BotW is definitely in the Top 3 ever for me and maybe #1 but it's flawed in quite a few ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom