• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished Nier Automata

oooooo baby that's in the GOTY convo for sure

I got Nier, Yakuza, Horizon on my list for sure (maybe Persona depending on how the rest of the year goes)

also i bought all the trophies in Nier

TW3 is probably my GOTG so far, yes

I kind of want to play it again but I already got platinum trophy

I was just thinking about my GOTG earlier today and came to the same conclusion, TW3 and it's expansions are probably pound for pound the best game experience I've ever had. I finished it many months ago and still think about it and compare it to just about every game I play.

Meguro

Banned
The Witcher 3 doesn't just flop in the combat department.
The writing in the main story is far from great.
Then again once the books switched over to being focused on Ciri I lost all interest. A literal chosen One in the Witcher Universe? I'm good,thanks.

danm999

Witcher 3 is my favourite game in years. But I can see people not liking the combat. Knowing what sort of games Jeff likes it hardly shocks me , especially since he only messed with it before they made improvements.

Witcher 3 is my favourite game in years. But I can see people not liking the combat. Knowing what sort of games Jeff likes it hardly shocks me , especially since he only messed with it before they made improvements.

I played over 100 hours of the Witcher 3 and I was only able to do that because I used cheats to make the combat less shit, and even then I still hated it. I came back for the 2nd DLC after playing Zelda but it was impossible, it felt janky to me.

Tagyhag

both bad choices

Hey, the Doc is pretty good at the game.

He also may or may not be Vinny in disguise.

drdisrespectlive-profile_image-abc1fc67d2ea1ae1-300x300.png

Oh God, 5 minutes into the podcast and we are trashing (kinda) Sony press conference, asking if E3 needs to exist, and having no idea what they are talking about with Hidden Agenda (a game that Alex should be pumped about if he knew!)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Couldn't even make it 30 minutes into the Bombcast this week, first time in years I didn't actually finish a bombcast. I think Gary Whitta might legitimately be the worst. Glad hes a big shot now.

I thought this podcast was pretty good?

Are people like virulently against whitta or am I missing something?

Whitta is fine.

Edit: but does seem pretty uninformed for someone who takes control from Brad I guess. But he's a nice enough dude who I've been familiar with for a few years now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah alright, because I know Whitta can be pretty divisive, and I can understand some aspects of it, but he talks nice on the radio.

ev0

Original Tested 'man of the people' Whitta was fantastic. I loved that podcast.
I think the turn came during 'delete all the bad things I said about star wars on gaf, begging for free games on twitter" Whitta happened.

that said, was nice to hear from him again on the bombcast

Whitta is fine.

Edit: but does seem pretty uninformed for someone who takes control from Brad I guess. But he's a nice enough dude who I've been familiar with for a few years now.
I only know about Whitta tangentially so it's my first time hearing him on a 'cast and so far (about half-way through) this was what I took from his input as well.

Listening to the crew talk about how indistinguishable the PS4 and Xbox was really strange. Sure, if your optics are entirely on 3rd party AAA, both consoles are basically the same. But if you're looking at mid tier or Japanese games, PS4 and Xbox are night and day.

Given the tastes of people like Jeff and Brad, I can understand them not noticing. But fucking Alex was there and not a single mention from him about Nier Automata, Persona or Yakuza?? I can understand no one on Giant Bomb bringing up more niche PS4 games like Gundam Versus or Grand Kingdom, but those three alone are already huge differentiators between the consoles. Same applies for Xbox's backwards compatibility.

I'm a bit more hesitant to bring this other point up as well since it straddles the line with console warrior bullshit, but saying Sony first party is in a rut just months after a Sony first party released and was awarded five stars on Giant Bomb is really fucking weird.

Original Tested 'man of the people' Whitta was fantastic. I loved that podcast.
I think the turn came during 'delete all the bad things I said about star wars on gaf, begging for free games on twitter" Whitta happened.

that said, was nice to hear from him again on the bombcast

Nah, it was when GAF shat on Book of Eli and After Earth.

It was a hot pod for sure, but I didn't agree with their thinking that 1st party MS and Sony are both in a rut

Sony especially has a diverse 1st party (or exclusive games) line up this gen. Until Dawn, Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Detroit, those games complement the Big Sequels of Uncharted and GT.

There's other stuff too but I don't need to list everything

derFeef

It was a hot pod for sure, but I didn't agree with their thinking that 1st party MS and Sony are both in a rut

Sony especially has a diverse 1st party line up this gen. Until Dawn, Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Detroit, those games complement the Big Sequels of Uncharted and GT.

They were gernerally speaking of E3 I think, which I would agree with them then.

They were gernerally speaking of E3 I think, which I would agree with them then.

Hmm I can understand that more.

Still their E3 had Spiderman, Detroit, Horizon Expansion, Matterfall, the Jackbox style stuff, and Days Gone. I'm not saying all these things are worthy of major hype or whatever, but it's more diverse than Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Killzone or Halo, Gears, Forza.

And MS is taking chances too with State of Decay and Sea of Thieves

derFeef

Hmm I can understand that more.

Still their E3 had Spiderman, Detroit, Horizon Expansion, Matterfall, the Jackbox style stuff, and Days Gone. I'm not saying all these things are worthy of major hype or whatever, but it's more diverse than Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Killzone or Halo, Gears, Forza.

And MS is taking chances too with State of Decay and Sea of Thieves

Yeah we/they seem to forget about things when quickly trying to remember. Brad also mentioned MS is all about Forza, Halo and Gears, which the last two were not shown at all. It's no biggie imo.

Yeah we/they seem to forget about things when quickly trying to remember. Brad also mentioned MS is all about Forza, Halo and Gears, which the last two were not shown at all. It's no biggie imo.

Yea for sure, really I think they are just caught up in the current Nintendo narrative, which is fine because it's awesome to see Nintendo firing on all cylinders. However, just because they are doing well so far with a unique approach, that doesn't mean that MS and Sony being more conventional = they are in a rut

But yes not a big deal and overall a great pod, just felt like giving my perspective because i dunno

hamchan

Listening to the crew talk about how indistinguishable the PS4 and Xbox was really strange. Sure, if your optics are entirely on 3rd party AAA, both consoles are basically the same. But if you're looking at mid tier or Japanese games, PS4 and Xbox are night and day.

Given the tastes of people like Jeff and Brad, I can understand them not noticing. But fucking Alex was there and not a single mention from him about Nier Automata, Persona or Yakuza?? I can understand no one on Giant Bomb bringing up more niche PS4 games like Gundam Versus or Grand Kingdom, but those three alone are already huge differentiators between the consoles. Same applies for Xbox's backwards compatibility.

I'm a bit more hesitant to bring this other point up as well since it straddles the line with console warrior bullshit, but saying Sony first party is in a rut just months after a Sony first party released and was awarded five stars on Giant Bomb is really fucking weird.

Alex sinking the already downtrodden Bombcast to prop up the already superior Beastcast even more I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom