• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadow of war will win goty, horizon will beat botw, and destiny 2 will take the number 10 spot over the new colossus in GB's most controversial list to date

e: actually i hope shadow of war wins the best old game of the year

hamchan

Dan's hatred for Yakuza will prevent it from reaching the top 10 and he'll justify it by saying that technically he's the only one who played it.

Tubobutts

Nah Yakuza will probably hit 10. Vinny and Alex are enjoying it a lot.
But then Jeff will point out how neither of them played it and the one person that did says the playing part is bad and then he'll take it off the list while Alex and Vinny are distracted and no one will notice until the final list is published on the site and Brad just listed Destiny 2 ten times.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
shadow of war will win goty, horizon will beat botw, and destiny 2 will take the number 10 spot over the new colossus in GB's most controversial list to date

e: actually i hope shadow of war wins the best old game of the year

I hope Horizon beats Zelda just because the salt would be immense.

(also because its a better video game)

Mario Odyssey should be the odds on favorite though.

Dineren

Banned
Has anyone at GB ever tried to get a game they've only watched on to the top 10?

I hope Horizon beats Zelda just because the salt would be immense.

(also because its a better video game)

Mario Odyssey should be the odds on favorite though.

I like Zelda far more than Horizon and I would not be at all surprised if this happens, especially if Brad never goes back to it. Has anyone else put time into it besides Jeff (who ultimately didn't like it enough to finish it)?

I think all the games being discussed are going to make the list, here is my projected games (in no order) that make the top 10 assuming all the upcoming releases are as good as expected

- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Breath of the Wild
- Nier: Automata
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
- Destiny 2
- Persona 5
- Yakuza 0
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Splatoon 2

And these games will get discussed, but not make it:

- COD: WWII
- Assassin's Creed: Origins
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Forza 7
- MvC:I/Injustice 2/Tekken 7
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War

TraBuch

Banned
Persona won't make it. The only people thatve beaten it are Ben and Alex, and neither are in love with the game. Ben in particular seems like he's only focusing on the negatives.

Lunar FC

We all know Wolfenstein II is a lock.

Needs to at least be top three to make up for the atrocity of The New Order not making the top 10 in the worst year in gaming history.

Edit: Since I got called an edgelord for ripping Zelda, I'll give it another shot today.

Seventy70

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
4. Destiny 2
5. Super Mario Odyssey
6. Persona 5
7. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
8. Splatoon 2
9. Nier: Automata
10. (Some indie/fighting game)

My order. They have lots of Nintendo fans on staff now, so I'm sure BotW is going to get a big push. Super Mario Odyssey could go both ways, but as of now the game is looking very scattered and experimental.

OH shit! I forgot about PUBG. That's definitely going to be on the list. Top 5 probably.

Hindl

My order. They have lots of Nintendo fans on staff now, so I'm sure BotW is going to get a big push. Super Mario Odyssey could go both ways, but as of now the game is looking very scattered and experimental.
If Odyssey hits its potential it goes over BotW

Am I imagining things or wasn't Hidden Agenda on the Sony pre-show? Jeff and Alex both said it wasn't.

It absolutely was and they called it some kind of board game when it's an interactive spiritual sequel to Until Dawn. Alex should be all over this game if he knew anything about it.

daveo42

Banned
We all know Wolfenstein II is a lock.

After 2014, there's no guarantees if you aren't Destiny, Zelda, or Mario.

Persona won't make it. The only people thatve beaten it are Ben and Alex, and neither are in love with the game. Ben in particular seems like he's only focusing on the negatives.

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't make the top 10. Meaning it definitely won't, especially because there's no way Vinny will be done with the game come GotY.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now that the SRPG train might get rolling on the switch with Disgaea 5 and mario + rabbids, I just need more weeb rhythm games and dungeon crawlers and JRPGs and the switch will fulfill my prophecy of a Vita 2.0.

When they start releasing Neptunia games on the switch you'll know that the end is nigh.

oti

Banned
Now that the SRPG train might get rolling on the switch with Disgaea 5 and mario + rabbids, I just need more weeb rhythm games and dungeon crawlers and JRPGs and the switch will fulfill my prophecy of a Vita 2.0.

When they start releasing Neptunia games on the switch you'll know that the end is nigh.

No.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Has Dan turned on the game? He was super into it in the first few eps that I watched.

He said he likes the story and the tone of the game, but hates playing it.

I remain of the opinion that the duders should take turns playing the series. Alex or Vinny should play Kiwami, then the other plays 2, then Dan can play 3 if he feels like it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I already own 3 rhythm games on the switch.

2 of them weeb.

You can't stop this train.

I seriously hope dj max respect gets on the switch too.

oti

Banned
C'mon Oti.
At least let us get a new Miku game for Switch.

Nein.

Elite Beat Agents I allow but not this devil.

I remain of the opinion that the duders should take turns playing the series. Alex or Vinny should play Kiwami, then the other plays 2, then Dan can play 3 if he feels like it.

I remain of the opinion that they shouldn't play all Yakuza games.

Giganteus

Do you really want them to play that much Yakuza? I love BitE, but going through that much Yakuza is insane to me. INSANE.

"I'm not stricken with utter madness."

Hindl

Now that the SRPG train might get rolling on the switch with Disgaea 5 and mario + rabbids, I just need more weeb rhythm games
Iffy but I'll allow it
dungeon crawlers
ok
and JRPGs
I can mess with this
NOOOOO
Nein.

Elite Beat Agents I allow but not this devil.

Rhythm Heaven is pretty alright too

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You can deny it all you want but deep in your heart you already know that neither Persona 5 nor Yakuza will be in the Top 10.

It was crazy to even say this to begin with. It won't happen.

jambo

PUBG for GOTY.

It even rhymes.

for the record I don't watch Colin Moriarty I was just being an edgelord

cAcrXDY.png

ferunnico

Neo Member
I have played over 90 hours of Persona 5, and I'm probably only a couple hours away from seeing the credits. But I haven't played it in weeks, and somehow I have lost all interest to actually go back and finish it. Is that weird?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nobody wants those. Not even you. I'd be fine with more VNs tho. Bring all the VNs to the Switch and I'll pick one up.

Let's start by bringing actually good games to the Switch first

I have played over 90 hours of Persona 5, and I'm probably only a couple hours away from seeing the credits. But I haven't played it in weeks, and somehow I have lost all interest to actually go back and finish it. Is that weird?

You have no idea how often that happens to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom