• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I pretty consistently only play 3 games tops from GB's top 10, if even that :<

Same, but 2014 in particular was like when I was the most removed. That's mostly due to external reasons though.

Which is why I'm sometimes a little irritated when they go "why would anyone want portable games" back then. Sometimes portable is all I can fit in my life.

Mr. F

Banned
It's absolutely not trash. The worst you can lob against it is there's not enough single player content.

I'm going to check back in later this year after some DLC has been put out, hoping it's similar to Splatoon in being greatly improved by post-launch support.

Same, but 2014 in particular was like when I was the most removed. That's mostly due to external reasons though.

Which is why I'm sometimes a little irritated when they go "why would anyone want portable games" back then. Sometimes portable is all I can fit in my life.

Jeff driving to work >>>> all else

A few other things:
  • Yikes at 2014 GOTY list. Nintendo and South Park saves it.
  • Don't you trash my precious Danganronpa
  • Got Snake Pass on sale today, this game is amazing. Need to watch the QL.

In a world with Injustice 2, MK X and Smash Bros. For WIi U/3DS Arms looks like a $20 digital game from 2010.

I think $40 would have been right. I own SFV and this game at least as more going for it than that game did at launch. But I think the way you talk about it undersells the mechanics and the character designs/graphics which are both seriously great.

But like I said I'm not a big enough fighting game guy to know if I'm not going to trade it in soon. I'll probably try to package in SFV with it.

It's absolutely not trash. The worst you can lob against it is there's not enough single player content.

Execution is pretty easy in Arms, so you get to a skill level where you can read opponents and do mind game shit way faster than other fighting games. I can see how that would be frustrating to people who are only good because they have special move inputs burned into muscle memory.

Well now I guess I have to play Nier to see the similarities with Zelda and Horizon

I'm not seeing the similarities beyond being open world.

Zornack

Is Arms the Destiny "if there was more here it'd be GOTY" of 2017

But I think the way you talk about it undersells the mechanics and the character designs/graphics which are both seriously great.

Yeah you're right but this is the internet if I don't talk in extremes here I'll die.

Haven't played Horizon yet but the other two feature girls with big butts. Is that the connection?

Antiwhippy

In regards to all 3,
post-apocalyptic world with machines involved with it.

In regards to Nier + Horizon (keep in mind that I could be wrong becaause I haven't actually played Horizon),
both takes place in a post-human society.

Fairly big spoilers.

And yes, girls with big butts.

daveo42

Banned
In regards to all 3,
post-apocalyptic world brought to bear by machines.

In regards to Nier + Horizon (keep in mind that I could be wrong becaause I haven't actually played Horizon),
both takes place in a post-human society.

And yes, girls with big butts.

As for Horizon (late game world building spoilers):
It's post human extinction and subsequent rebirth thanks in part from machines.

daveo42

Banned
Arms has the Buttz?

Mmmm I hope I didn't spoil you too bad on nier.

Ehh...I've been spoiled quite a bit on Nier as is, but I'm more intrigued on how everything plays out, especially after watching the QL some time ago. Sometimes knowing how things end up still doesn't provide proper context when related to the game and story.

Hindl

Arms has the Buttz?

Yes

tumblr_oq4ddr6YPI1vaeznmo1_1280.jpg

Zornack

Looking up Arms booty youtube videos has lead me to the quesiton: how do these youtube channels with 1mil+ subs only get 10-20k views per video?

LowRoller

OK I I'm going to finish nier after hearing Ben talk about it. I was really underwhelmed after the first ending, but hearing that it gets really good has me interested.

So for some reason I can't watch the latest BitE. Every other premium video works fine but the latest BitE plays for about 20sec and then buffers forever. Could someone be a dear and tell me everything that happens in it in exhaustive detail?

daveo42

Banned
Kat breaking the trend though sadly.

Kat is the best female character of the year and she's not sexualized in any way. That means she's only ever brought up in relation to other female characters or how Horizon is filled with tribes of white people.

Whelp I'm an idiot. That was Aloy

Antiwhippy

Kat is the best female character of the year and she's not sexualized in any way. That means she's only ever brought up in relation to other female characters or how Horizon is filled with tribes of white people.

I think you're confusing kat with aloy?

Don't you watch her take a shower in the first game?

Kat in Gravity Rush, I mean.

LotusHD

Banned

This man knows.

That said, no, she has been sexualized before. Old people do not find her attractive though apparently.

Hmm...

So conflicted, cuz she was also awesome, and shares the same VA as A2, who was also awesome...

So for some reason I can't watch the latest BitE. Every other premium video works fine but the latest BitE plays for about 20sec and then buffers forever. Could someone be a dear and tell me everything that happens in it in exhaustive detail?

No way, this was a story filled/great BitE. worst case scenario can you download the video and see it?

daveo42

Banned
I think you're confusing kat with aloy?

I was. Kat isn't talked about because no one played GR2.

Don't you watch her take a shower in the first game?

Kat in Gravity Rush, I mean.

You sure do. I was for some reason thinking about Aloy instead of Kat. As for Kat, she's got her fanservice moments, but she's mostly not portrayed in a sexualized fashion.

This man knows.

That said, no, she has been sexualized before. Old people do not find her attractive though apparently.

Yeah, I was thinking of Aloy for some reason. Kat, though, is great.

LotusHD

Banned
Kat, though, is great.

Yes she is. And yea, I agree that for the most part (Basically those DLC outfits), it's very tame and innocent how she's treated in the sequel. Just focused on friendship and shit.

The developers knew who was the best girl.

I wonder if it's one of those situations where they make a character so great, and then it's like "Fuck, not enough time to make everyone else great."

Harpuia

Is Arms the Destiny "if there was more here it'd be GOTY" of 2017

No because Brad won't be there to filibuster Arms onto the list by talking about how it's good with friends, how he spent all his time playing it more than any other game, and that the punching feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom