• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Getting so emotional about the response to today’s #TheZoneCast. Thank you all. This show means so, so much to me."

Yup, sounds like the fanbase is really killing him.

I think the current arcs the weakest because a huge part of it is Griffin talking to himself, but it has some really good moments and obviously some people really like it.

Incandenza more eloquently stated what I was going for. To their credit, they have replied extremely well to those sorts of criticism.

Not a cool tip but: my cat got fleas and I got her the flea medicine from the pet store and they went away. None of my furniture or carpet got infested.
Ah, thank you I'll check it out. She isn't too bad, but I don't want them to get a foothold. I just spent 2 hours brushing her with a flea comb, and got some flea-killing spray that smells like peppermint. Hopefully I can murder all these fuckers.
Just bought what remains of edith finch.

Looking forward to carving out a block of time to finish it in one sitting.
It's so good. I really hope more people play it by the end of the year.

TraBuch

Banned
Ah, thank you I'll check it out. She isn't too bad, but I don't want them to get a foothold. I just spent 2 hours brushing her with a flea comb, and got some flea-killing spray that smells like peppermint. Hopefully I can murder all these fuckers.
Get a Capstar pill, which immediately kills all fleas, and a dose of Revolution from your vet. My cats are both indoor only, but I give them a dose of Revolution every month because the hassle of fleas isn't worth the risk.

Get a Capstar pill, which immediately kills all fleas, and a dose of Revolution from your vet. My cats are both indoor only, but I give them a dose of Revolution every month because the hassle of fleas isn't worth the risk.

Ah, Capstar is on Prime Now so that's perfect. Thanks for the advice!

Jothel

The Adventure Zone?

Griffin felt the need to graft a super serious main plot onto his wacky improv D&D podcast to mixed results. The current arc really leans heavy on that lore, which is basically Griffin reading plot dumps, and it is insufferably dull as a result.

Also, a portion of the fanbase is completely bonkers and everyone involved in the podcast appears to be slowly killing themselves trying to please everyone, so I can see why Griffin would get emotional on Twitter or whatever.

Griffin has literally said that he puts more time into The Adventure Zone than any other thing he works on, including his "actual" job at Polygon.

I caught up with the podcast over the winter break. It's got some great moments, particularly the 3rd - 5th arc which are really creative and fun, a great mix of comedy and storytelling. And Griffin makes some legitimately great music for it. But also the fanbase has grown increasingly toxic in the way that a lot of progressive, youth-oriented media seems to be (see Homestuck, Steven Universe, Undertale). And the current arc is just this interminably long flashback that doesn't even use the D&D ruleset or really let the players impact the story in a meaningful way.

But it's still good.

Weird! Is it worth getting into do you think? Or is it too late at this point?

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Judging by his performance in Friday the 13th after calling it a "bad game", the hierarchy of "good at gamez" has to go Brad -> Ben from here on out.

Ben Pack: "This is a bad game."
-> Jason appears on outside of window whilst he's in house
-> Ben runs up stairs in house.
-> Ben runs into a closet.
-> Ben turns around and runs to balcony where he came from (he has no pocket knife and you can jump out 2nd story windows and take damage to survive in that situation)
-> Ben sees Jason and runs toward window at end of upstairs balcony.
-> . . . Ben turns around and runs toward other side of balcony, which is an obvious dead end.

I think I may be skipping a little more of the Ben content from here on out.

Been crazy busy working halfway across the country, but I have a short window of free time this evening. What GB video in the last week should I watch?

For those that want GB GLOW reactions:

MMydJM1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom