• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Finished what remains of edith finch, and I really liked it.... but hmmm, I feel slightly underwhelmed too?
I feel like for a story so fascinated by death, it gives death very little meaning? Or at least it presented it with more meaning than what it can convey if that makes any sense. I think in the end it wanted to say that even in death, everyone has a story to tell, but it undercuts itself a lot I feel by focusing only on the moments leading to the end, but rarely focusing on the aftermath. Thus, the family feels... disconnected in a way.

Still, whether there's a curse or not, all people die in the end. And life must go on.

Some really cool story devices for various vignettes. Enjoyed it mostly in the end. 115 mins was a rough ask at $20 but I was happy to have spent $15 on it.

Jintor

i didn't realise how much of my computer usage is dependent on dual monitors until now. i've hooked up my laptop to my other monitor with a hdmi port temporarily while i figure out what card i should get next, but it's just not the same.

mobo integrated graphics can't do extended monitors, only duplicate monitors, which is pretty shit

Zocano

I like pubg a lot (and have gotten a few chicken dinners so far) but Mary is super right about how to win. Being lame is almost always the better option.

Which is why I've abandoned "trying" to win and more just dropping into hot zones 100% of the time and going from there.

Antiwhippy

Jeez Mary, ultraboosts are old news. Get onto the vapormax hype.

Like for Adidas I'm more into the upcoming tubular stuff.

Even for boost technology stuff, Ultraboosts are so fucking boring unless you go into the collabs like parley x ultraboost.

valeo

I'm in a bad spot with Overwatch atm.

I think I'm gonna rage buy PUBG.

I have never raged while playing PUBG, despite it being janky as fuck and dying due to weird shit or being shot from someone I never even saw.

I raged basically every 2nd game with Overwatch. Stopped playing because of it.

Rorie on sous vide-ing:

"You know, the best part is, you can just let it go as long as you want. Like, if you want to cook a chicken, you can just throw it in there for like 3 hours, and you're good to go..."

When I think as long as I want for food, I think like 20 seconds in a microwave, not 3 hours in a bath, haha.

Hasney

The sous vide is to help you get it perfect, not overdo it.

I kind of want the internet one. Just put it in a bowl of water before you go out, then tell the app what it is and when you want it and it's ready when you get home.

Antiwhippy

I kind of want the internet one. Just put it in a bowl of water before you go out, then tell the app what it is and when you want it and it's ready when you get home.

... why do you need the internet for that?

Antiwhippy

You set it as an app, so rather than a timer, you just kind of do it from workand get notifications from it so you know you didn't fuck it up/have a power cut.

Ah alright, I thought you just set it up on a timer before going out.

Also vinny is a fucking mess.

fstop

Neo Member

That would lead to food poisoning as bacteria will be shitting toxins on your food before you eventually kill them. You'd need to leave it cooking at 60C/140F+ when you go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom