• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying BitE, but that's also mostly because I wanted to see 0 but didn't really feel like playing yakuza at the time.

In a somewhat similar boat. I didn't want to play Yakuza 0 after Yakuza 4's first couple of hours didn't pull me in, but I wanted to see what people enjoy about the series which I'm enjoying seeing from BitE which is making me interested in playing Kiwami.

Mupod

I think I can say with confidence Yakuza 0 was my favorite game this year so far. It's just as fun watching them play through it again.

I just realized I still haven't got back to P5, I dropped it at 35h a couple of weeks back

I'm in the last dungeon and haven't gone back to it...oddly enough I did the same with P4 and never finished it. As soon as the time management aspect is over my interest in those games falls off a cliff, I guess.

imBask

Banned
The tactical aspect of PUBG is underrated, because it's so open and you can play it however you want

Watch Sacriel when he's really giving it is all

I love Beast in the East. I just wish they'd do two episodes per week, as it's progressing too slowly for my taste. Kiwami will be out before they finish the playthrough.

Hindl

I'm standing outside the last boss to the True Ending in Persona 5 but I'm slightly underleveled. Luckily the path leading up to it is filled with encounters that'll basically powerlevel your team with the exp you get from them

Hindl

I haven't either, but I was like 65 when first approaching it. My problem is that most of the buff/debuff spells I had were the group ones so for a single boss I was burning through SP like crazy. Grinded a bit so I could fuse new personas and I should be ready to finish it now
(I also wanted to get Black Frost)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh wait, did you get to rank 10 for strength?

That might explain it.

Rank 10 Strength is kinda broken for how easy it is to get.

Hindl

Oh wait, did you get to rank 10 for strength?

That might explain it.

Rank 10 Strength is kinda broken for how easy it is to get.

Nah I really fucked up a lot of the social linking, this was my first time through a Persona besides watching the ER so a lot of my time management was poorly spent. My Strength is only at rank 3, and a lot of my other confidant aren't that high either. The only ones that I have maxed that aren't story ones (Fool, Magician, Justice, etc) are Sun, Death, and Devil. I don't even have any team members besides Morgana to rank 10. I also didn't find the fortune arcana to boost your social stats until like October in-game

Antiwhippy

Nah I really fucked up a lot of the social linking, this was my first time through a Persona besides watching the ER so a lot of my time management was poorly spent. My Strength is only at rank 3, and a lot of my other confidant aren't that high either. The only ones that I have maxed that aren't story ones (Fool, Magician, Justice, etc) are Sun, Death, and Devil. I don't even have any team members besides Morgana to rank 10. I also didn't find the fortune arcana to boost your social stats until like October in-game

Ah alright. Sometimes I get too used to the fact that I've played enough of these games to know what to optimise. :p

strength is always the worst social link tho

It's basically the velvet room attendant link.

Hindl

Ah alright. Sometimes I get too used to the fact that I've played enough of these games to know what to optimise. :p

It's basically the velvet room attendant link.

It's why I'd like a Switch port of the game. I'd love to play through it again and do things right, but I don't want to do it immediately because the game does become kinda a slog. I figure by the time an enhanced edition (maybe) comes out several years down the road I'll be ready to play through it again. Plus portability being easier to play

Antiwhippy

^ yeah switch port would be sweet. I think I'll reserve my 2nd run for the enhanced port too.

Just bought The House in Fata Morgana.

Like, between Night in the Woods, Nier automata and this I feel like I'm in a mood for tragedy and emotional devastation and I don't entirely know why.

Played through S;G 0 too which was another downer.

KingKong

The tactical aspect of PUBG is underrated, because it's so open and you can play it however you want

Watch Sacriel when he's really giving it is all

Thats somewhat true but you can also consistently place in the top 10 by just running to the middle of the circle and hiding until the next circle

Also the beginning really is dumb luck, theres no way to know which house has the rifle and shotgun and which has at best a pistol

daveo42

Banned
^ yeah switch port would be sweet. I think I'll reserve my 2nd run for the enhanced port too.

Like, between Night in the Woods, Nier automata and this I feel like I'm in a mood for tragedy and emotional devastation and I don't entirely know why.

I could use a happy game...but I kind of want to play Soma and Kentucky Route 0 Ep 4 is also calling my name. I'm also got Nonary Games (999/VLR) sitting in my PS4 and I downloaded a copy of Ever17 last night so maybe I need more of an emotional release. Especially after S;G 0 I feel like I need something that isn't depressing.

Antiwhippy

I could use a happy game...but I kind of want to play Soma and Kentucky Route 0 Ep 4 is also calling my name. I'm also got Nonary Games (999/VLR) sitting in my PS4 and I downloaded a copy of Ever17 last night so maybe I need more of an emotional release. Especially after S;G 0 I feel like I need something that isn't depressing.

I dunno, I feel like I've been in a kind of sad funk ever since nier. :p

The latest game to grab me is Thumper which is harrowing and dread-filled in its own way.

I feel like I might as well embrace this funk fully while I have it. Fata Morgana does sound super interesting. Also the art is gorgeous.

daveo42

Banned
I dunno, I feel like I've been in a kind of sad funk ever since nier. :p

The latest game to grab me is Thumper which is harrowing and dread-filled in its own way.

I feel like I might as well embrace this funk fully while I have it. Fata Morgana does sound super interesting. Also the art is gorgeous.

You'll have to let me know how it is. I think the only VNs I've stuck with have been Scifi in nature. Even then, my experience with VNs is super limited at best. Almost picked up Suda51's Silver Case after looking through PSN.

Ashby

Man, you really should be watching Twin Peaks then if you're not.

Catvoca

Banned

I also just bought House in Fata Morgana! Hope it's as good as gaffers say it is.

I started watching The Leftovers which is so incredibly depressing, check that out if you want to feel terrible.

kiyomi

I'm watching last night's Murder Island and what the fuck Vinny. He just shoots Alex 4 times and then tries to kill Dan with their name tags over their heads while the other dude just runs around

Vinny pls. That was tragic. ;_;

Hindl

What if they bring back Daily Dota but it's just Brad gambling on the International Battle Pass while Kessler calls in to keep him going

daveo42

Banned
Brad would finally have something to do and there'd be a feature on the site I could skip without feeling bad about missing.

No one wants daily/weekly/monthly/ever dota streams.

Red UFO

Daily Dota 👌👌👌 oooooooo boy I want some daily dota 💯💯💯 SomE daILY DoTa ⬆⬇⬅➡

swimbuff

I pop into this thread from time to time and 8 out of 10 times the discussion will be about Persona. Just an observation.

Not sure if Persona posts are better than the usual GB shitposting we get. It probably is, but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom