• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Go live time for the podcast and the room is empty. Did they just see the Rabbids art and have to, uh, "digest it" before going live?

EDIT: or the player is cocking up with Chromecast as well. Fuck.

Pity there's no Rorie. Must be busy.

Are we switching to TrackMania 2 Lagoon
https://twitter.com/redcoin/status/867075811987337217

I'm already getting GotY 2014 flashbacks.

6sVEO6o.gif

killroy87

Haha, Jeff says "Destiny 2 looks to be how Destiny 1 should have launched"

They've said that same thing like three times, especially with Taken King. I predict Destiny 4 will also be a game like which Destiny 1 should have launched.

daveo42

Banned
2014 was a notoriously weak year for games. Destiny 2 is going to have to be actually good to get on the list

Wolfenstein: The New Order released 2014
Child of Light released in 2014

It may have been a weak year, but there were better games out there that should have easily beat Destiny for the 10th spot.

"As someone who never played Destiny"

I knew Ben was good people.

He breaks even with his love of DOTA.

Hindl

Wolfenstein: The New Order released 2014
Child of Light released in 2014

It may have been a weak year, but there were better games out there that should have easily beat Destiny for the 10th spot.

He breaks even with his love of DOTA.
Yeah but no one in the crew was passionate about those games. I don't think anyone even played Child of Light. And Brad had a ton of passion for Destiny. If Destiny 2 is as mediocre as Destiny, it won't make the list.

daveo42

Banned
"It's good enough..."
--Giant Bomb

Yeah but no one in the crew was passionate about those games. I don't think anyone even played Child of Light. And Brad had a ton of passion for Destiny. If Destiny 2 is as mediocre as Destiny, it won't make the list.

Brad will make excuses to get it on there regardless of whether or not it is actually improved from Destiny.

Lunar FC

Just died outside the play area in my best round (kill wise) ever. :'( It takes your life down so fast in the later rounds. I was literally on the border when I died, crushed..

ev0

The next 84 is going to be Marc talking about Destiny for 2h isn't it.

That original "all Destiny" 8-4 was when I quit the podcast.
Has it been okay since? I will not return if it happens again haha.
I say this as someone whos played a decent amount of the game too

oti

Banned
That original "all Destiny" 8-4 was when I quit the podcast.
Has it been okay since? I will not return if it happens again haha.
I say this as someone whos played a decent amount of the game too

No kidding. I listened to like 3h of DQX talk but the Destiny conversations were insufferable.

Podcast is great.

oti

Banned
I have too many Friday podcasts as it is. Dropping 8-4 while Destiny fever is there for the one guy isn't a bad thing.

8-4 doesn't talk about the games all the other podcasts talk about, that's why it's a guaranteed listen for me everytime it drops. And they have insight into the Japanese industry like no other podcast.

But yeah, the Destiny talk is awful.

Hasney

8-4 doesn't talk about the games all the other podcasts talk about, that's why it's a guaranteed listen for me everytime it drops. And they have insight into the Japanese industry like no other podcast.

But yeah, the Destiny talk is awful.

Totally, it would be a temporary drop for those episodes where they talk about little else because I do love it normally.

That must be a joke? I mean I am not playing Siege but seeing videos alone makes it clear it has faaaar more tactical options. I mean it's pretty much tactics the game.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not even remotely.

Just... no.

Getting a lot of driveby "No's" here with no reasons other than "but tactics"

I mean, I love siege as much as the next guy, but real life tactics and strategy don't factor at all into it. It's all scripted gamey interactions in an extremely tight and narrow focus, so i'd say my original post of saying that the tactics in PUBG is on a different level entirely from Siege is completely accurate.

As someone who's played paintball many times with retired military, real life strategy and positioning totally directly translates into battlegrounds and (obviously) it's progenitor Arma. Which is a military sim I might add for those who have no idea, I mean arguing an extremely exaggerated shooter where dudes have flashbang shields, bear traps and poisonous crossbows has more tactics than something that started from something that the US military uses for training is kind of ignorant no? (In case you weren't aware, Arma is a civilian software version of real military training software https://bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3)

Hasney

I really hope Brad catches the big Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle leak that is happening right now before they get to news today.

Honestly, I think that's why Brad called for a break so soon after the last one, to read up on it. Weird timing otherwise unless he ate at Taco Bell.

Getting a lot of driveby "No's" here with no reasons other than "but tactics"

I mean, I love siege as much as the next guy, but real life tactics and strategy don't factor at all into it. It's all scripted gamey interactions in an extremely tight and narrow focus, so i'd say my original post of saying that the tactics in PUBG is on a different level entirely from Siege is completely accurate.

As someone who's played paintball many times with retired military, real life strategy and positioning totally directly translates into battlegrounds and (obviously) it's progenitor Arma. Which is a military sim I might add for those who have no idea, I mean arguing an extremely exaggerated shooter where dudes have flashbang shields, bear traps and poisonous crossbows has more tactics than something that started from something that the US military uses for training is kind of ignorant no? (In case you weren't aware, Arma is a civilian software version of real military training software https://bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3)

You're confusing tactics for realism here. Tactics are strategies within the game systems (which Siege has plenty of, and PUBG is pretty bereft of right now). Tactics don't need to be tied down to any realism to exist. Overwatch has a female Chinese Chibi-styled Mr. Freeze clone, yet it also has plenty of tactics.

PUBG is more "realistic", but doesn't have many viable tactics besides using cover, positioning and call-outs effectively. The game simply doesn't have much else to it (and that's a good thing, the vast majority of the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom