• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
stadium still reigns
cPnZGtUl.jpg

is the stream working?

yes

Hindl

I still need to finish the final boss in persona but my thoughts align with ben while being more positive. I really liked the theme and vibe of the last act of the game, but the execution fell flat. The pacing was pretty off. And it's odd to compare the story to P4 since that story is much more personal, and thus more impactful when shit escalates at the end. But P5 music >>> P4, P5 gameplay >>>>>>> P4. I think P5 is on the whole better than P4, while faltering in the story stuff and some characters being flat

You mean shooting the guns?

Im talking about the pure gameplay, how the game feels to play. Not the hooks that keep you coming back.
The game feels good to play. Feels better than Destiny. And destiny 2 since it's basically the same game

daveo42

Banned
The game feels good to play. Feels better than Destiny. And destiny 2 since it's basically the same game

It's probably the turn-based combat and weaknesses systems, both of which I personally enjoy, tho battles in Persona can get reptative once you know enemy weaknesses in an area. That's more on needing variety in combat encounters and difficulty culty more than anything else.

Teddified

The weirdest thing to me is that you fight actual persona's not just shadows, so you don't get to fight tables or tanks. I'm at the end of the 6th dungeon so maybe there is a table somewhere.

It also doesn't really bother me it's just something I've noticed and thought about for some reason.

Moaradin

I'm sure the people who thought P4 was a disappointing step down from P3 especially in the story and characters thought they were in a significant group, too.

I think that as well, and I played P3 well after P4.

Though I won't ever say I'm the majority with that opinion lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The weirdest thing to me is that you fight actual persona's not just shadows, so you don't get to fight tables or tanks. I'm at the end of the 6th dungeon so maybe there is a table somewhere.

It also doesn't really bother me it's just something I've noticed and thought about for some reason.

That's the best part of the game.

We finally get to see those amazing kaneko designs in HD!.

Aselith

Since they integrated the persuasion system into the game, it kinda has to be, There's not that separation of getting Personas from cards anymore.

Teddified

That's the best part of the game.

We finally get to see those amazing kaneko designs in HD!.

Oh sure and it probably helps that they can just make one model for both persona and enemies. I do like it because of the whole negotiation stuff, it's just funny to go from 3 and 4 fighting tables and such to actually fighting personas.

Since they integrated the persuasion system into the game, it kinda has to be, There's not that separation of getting Personas from cards anymore.

Yeah that's what I figured.

Curufinwe

I think that as well, and I played P3 well after P4.

Though I won't ever say I'm the majority with that opinion lol

Oh it's a perfectly reasonable opinion. But can you imagine if every GB discussion of P4 was based on the game being regarded as a disappointment that needed to be explained and defended?

Moving away from just those games, I see a lot of threads and discussion on GAF about issues with Nier Automata. Even if the negativity in there could be called significant, the overall impression it has left is still a mainly positive one. These are games that will surely be in the GAF top 10 for GotY.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, fighting weird tables and wrestlers is the thing I least liked about persona coming in from Megaten.

I hope next time they also start making some of the demons actual characters that are part of the story.

Not watching the stream, have they played the Limp Bizkit dubstep song yet because that's the best one

EDIT: I lied, the Caillou one is the best

Hindl

Should I watch the current lagoon stream or the QL and wait for the archive
That and Below.

Until I see otherwise Below doesn't exist

It's probably the turn-based combat and weaknesses systems, both of which I personally enjoy, tho battles in Persona can get reptative once you know enemy weaknesses in an area. That's more on needing variety in combat encounters and difficulty culty more than anything else.
Oh yeah that's gonna be true of any game in this series. But like Ben said I thought there were some cool additions made to spice things up. Guns brought over from MegaTen in general is great, as is the bullet hail ability, and stuff like that to make things more interesting. I would like to see them take the Session Attack from #FE next to expand the weakness follow up loop. Having characters doing different chain attacks to follow up, especially if you can spec characters in different ways for different effects, would be cooler than the Knock down -> pile on formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom