• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Scizzy

Eh look, I'm a fairly big west defender but that stat is skewed by the video bombcast. And it doesn't account quality, i like west stuff but i don't think it's arguable that east is putting out better quality content (which tbf is just according to my tastes).

That's not counting the video bombcast or adding up any kind of podcast time (which might hurt GBeast since they get no credit for Film and 40s or maybe not since the Bombcast is usually a little longer.). But my larger point is that quality might be a fair criticism of GBWest, but they're not working less hard than East.

TraBuch

Banned
That was just a preview.

Also, going back to GB West, I think this video is a prime example of old Giant Bomb compared to current Giant Bomb. There was a time where a video like this would be a "Video Thing" and featured prominently on the site, just look at that weird canned fish video. Now it's just something that gets captured on Periscope and will be uploaded by a third party to a totally unaffiliated YouTube channel that a small percentage of the Giant Bomb fan base will ever see.

They just don't go out of their way to put in the extra effort anymore.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Despite my complaining I still think GB is in a pretty great shape right now. West's struggle is only frustrating cause I know how much fun those guys can be. And it's scientifically proven that Brad content is the best content. Look it up.
--
If they ever get to XCOM 2 I think they should install Gotcha.
I have no idea why that mod isn't a feature in the regular game or the expansion (Also All Evac)

Gotcha let's you know if you have a shot at an enemy from the position you are moving your soldiers to before you commit which is crazy important cause the game can be really goofy about that.

What'd he ever do to you?

I get that he's not going to be amusing to everyone but he's a pretty good dude.

I just can't stand him. Hate his humour, hate the way he talks, hate how he looks, hate his general attitude.

I'd rather have Sara and the guy with no personality from Comic Vine back in my Giant Bomb content than him.

I would have to stop watching any GB content with Kessler in if he was hired. I fucking hate the guy.
I just can't stand him. Hate his humour, hate the way he talks, hate how he looks, hate his general attitude.

I'd rather have Sara and the guy with no personality from Comic Vine back in my Giant Bomb content than him.

DQhMQS9.jpg

Wunder

Despite my complaining I still think GB is in a pretty great shape right now. West's struggle is only frustrating cause I know how much fun those guys can be. And it's scientifically proven that Brad content is the best content. Look it up.
--
If they ever get to XCOM 2 I think they should install Gotcha.
I have no idea why that mod isn't a feature in the regular game or the expansion (Also All Evac)

Gotcha let's you know if you have a shot at an enemy from the position you are moving your soldiers to before you commit which is crazy important cause the game can be really goofy about that.

WOTC has that built in, it's called Target Preview. You can toggle it to be on always and it kinda makes the game way easier? You can spot flanking shots a lot easier that way anyway

BTA

I mean the first one is a matter of personal opinion, sure, but the next 3 are kinda shitty?

Unless he was radically different during his intern days I don't see why his attitude would even be a problem.

Scizzy

Brad content with Vinny (or to a lesser extent, Dan) mocking/motivating him is the best content. Brad solo or with anyone else is generally just good, solid stuff.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Brad solo is fine but I feel like Brad picks games I'm not personally interested in watching like the Dead Rising 4 stuff. That's maybe the biggest difference right now honestly; East is consistently picking games I am interested in watching people play

TraBuch

Banned
Do people still send them things? Because there hasn't been a West mailbag since April. Or do they just not want to do it anymore since youtubers have been doing mailbag unboxings, too?

honestly anyone in this thread who actually attacks gb members or affiliates on personal or basic character trait leaves should just leave. useless to The Discourse and we all know this is a thread a lot of them read.

That was just a preview.

Also, going back to GB West, I think this video is a prime example of old Giant Bomb compared to current Giant Bomb. There was a time where a video like this would be a "Video Thing" and featured prominently on the site, just look at that weird canned fish video. Now it's just something that gets captured on Periscope and will be uploaded by a third party to a totally unaffiliated YouTube channel that a small percentage of the Giant Bomb fan base will ever see.

They just don't go out of their way to put in the extra effort anymore.

see you say that but it's got more views than the latest Dota video so I think it's doing okay

TraBuch

Banned
It just so happens that the percentage of DOTA fans in the GB fanbase is smaller than the percentage of fans that're hardcore.

Fantastapotamus

Just so y'all know I just turned a giant Poison Lizard into a chicken and electrocuted 3 guys in a magic smoke wall I created by raining down meteors on a puddle of water.
Divinity 2 is such a damn good game.

WOTC has that built in, it's called Target Preview. You can toggle it to be on always and it kinda makes the game way easier? You can spot flanking shots a lot easier that way anyway

Oh really? I just installed Gotcha Again
I don't mind if it makes the game easier, if I make a bad decision I want it to be my fault. I moved so many soldiers to positions where they really should have been able to hit a guy but the game disagreed.
I want perfect information (another good mod btw) though I can see how it might feel like cheating if the game isn't build with that in mind

IT KILLS ME THAT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT HOLO TARGETING DOES. IT KILLS ME

You know you could either phrase that a lot less dickish or maybe just don't post it at all?
Like I'm not in love with Abby like some here are but there really is no reason to be this rude.

Harpuia

I'm 30 min in and it makes me nervous that they haven't deployed the satellite as soon as it finished.

Also yay cybernetics lab! MECs are so goddamn overpowered.

Wunder

Just so y'all know I just turned a giant Poison Lizard into a chicken and electrocuted 3 guys in a magic smoke wall I created by raining down meteors on a puddle of water.
Divinity 2 is such a damn good game.

Oh really? I just installed Gotcha Again
I don't mind if it makes the game easier, if I make a bad decision I want it to be my fault. I moved so many soldiers to positions where they really should have been able to hit a guy but the game disagreed.
I want perfect information (another good mod btw) though I can see how it might feel like cheating if the game isn't build with that in mind

Yup, since I regularly play Ironman, having the game fuck me on a single square of positioning by me thinking I should be able to shoot a dude from there is frustrating as fuck. I still used Target Preview all the time, I just found that I was getting a lot more flanking shots as usual thanks to it.

I'm 30 min in and it makes me nervous that they haven't deployed the satellite as soon as it finished.

Also yay cybernetics lab! MECs are so goddamn overpowered.

BELLATOR IN MACHINA

MECs are way cooler than dumb genetics

You know you could either phrase that a lot less dickish or maybe just don't post it at all?
Like I'm not in love with Abby like some here are but there really is no reason to be this rude.

You can say you don't like how Abby talks, jokes about or looks.

Even though you'd be crazy as she's the new #MVP.

Ok I really liked the first LiS.

But this first part is the exact "hello fellow teens" shit that people used to make fun of the first game.

Also chloe is a real light weight if she gets knocked out in 3-5 beers.

Abby isn't kidding when she says it gets a lot better. Also, reading Chloe's journal really adds a lot. Basically Chloe being an edgy tryhard in her internal monologue and dialogue is her just trying to be cool. You see through it pretty easily. The writing is actually better than the original's imo. The talkback challenges are kind of ehhh though. Hard to believe that'd work on anyone. There's a few really funny ones though.

Zaph

Brad solo is fine but I feel like Brad picks games I'm not personally interested in watching like the Dead Rising 4 stuff. That's maybe the biggest difference right now honestly; East is consistently picking games I am interested in watching people play

Yeah, Brad really needs a Dan or Vinny pushing him. Honestly, given how content-averse his default state seems to be, I wonder how much they had to push him to do anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Abby isn't kidding when she says it gets a lot better. Also, reading Chloe's journal really adds a lot. Basically Chloe being an edgy tryhard in her internal monologue and dialogue is her just trying to be cool. You see through it pretty easily. The writing is actually better than the original's imo. The talkback challenges are kind of ehhh though. Hard to believe that'd work on anyone. There's a few really funny ones though.

I mean she kinda emphasized that it's the bad part enough that i believed her, but woof. No wonder the e3 impressions were so bad

I bought the game already anyway so i was always going to play it.

Nerokis

You can say you don't like how Abby talks, jokes about or looks.

Even though you'd be crazy as she's the new #MVP.

Yeah, your attempt to normalize belittling someone for their looks is coming off real bad. If someone posted here that they didn't like Abby because of some aspect of her physical appearance, I'd expect them to be banned.

This thread goes enough places without that additional layer of dickishness.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, not saying you meant it that way, but judging how good a woman is at her job in relation to how she looks is like classic workplace misogyny.

Fantastapotamus

Yeah, your attempt to normalize belittling someone for their looks is coming off real bad. If someone posted here that they didn't like Abby because of some aspect of her physical appearance, I'd expect them to be banned.

This thread goes enough places without that additional layer of dickishness.

Just want to point out that that's absolutely not any of my problems with her, even though I wasn't the one who wrote this. It's not even like I actually dislike her or anything.
Feels stupid to write this but I want to make this crystal clear.

Scizzy

Does anyone remember how during previous hiring phases, some assholes would write that they didn't think a woman would gel with the group and fit the vibe at Giant Bomb? Real Nostradamuses, those guys.

Top Bottom