• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Yeah let's play! My PSN is otixero.

I'll add you later when I get home! Got a raid checkpoint that's right at the middle. Would like to clear it before the weekly reset, but I'm setting my expectations low. We can jump right in after the reset anyway. I just wanna beat it before the GB crew does their stream!

Not watching the stream right now and I have never touched PUBG. For people who play squad games regularly, is it really a good idea to split up when looting to cover as much ground? It seems like it's constantly been a problem during these streams that they're never all at the same place and get picked off easily. Couldn't they just always move four strong through every building to minimize that problem of being outgunned?

Joeku

And now a few minutes later:

wow, Dan

Not watching the stream right now and I have never touched PUBG. For people who play squad games regularly, is it really a good idea to split up when looting to cover as much ground? It seems like it's constantly been a problem during these streams that they're never all at the same place and get picked off easily. Couldn't they just always move four strong through every building to minimize that problem of being outgunned?
Generally you want to spread out a bit in town to actually get everyone equipped, but stay close enough that everyone can join an engagement. After the initial looting stage, though, there really isn't reason to separate unless you're trying to flank people embedded in cover.

oti

Banned
I'll add you later when I get home! Got a raid checkpoint that's right at the middle. Would like to clear it before the weekly reset, but I'm setting my expectations low. We can jump right in after the reset anyway. I just wanna beat it before the GB crew does their stream!

I'm not raid ready, I'm afraid. 😩

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I haven't watched a PUBG stream in like a month. It's nice to know they seemingly haven't improved at all at basic tactics. Here's a timeline of events:
  1. Dan shoots at a guy
  2. Guy retreats into a building
  3. Worrying about the blue wall, Dan and crew run past said building without going after the previously engaged enemy
  4. Enemy that is still alive shoots Dan in the ass and kills him
Like, wtf did you think was going to happen there?

oti

Banned
Don't bother. I haven't done the raid but I read up on it and....it focuses on the worst parts of an FPS game. Stealth section and a ton of jumping sections. Like, WTF.

As I've said, not interested in Destiny's hard core grind, so the Raids aren't really unlockable for me. I don't mind though, watching GB and friends go through the Raids is more fun anyway.

I'll be honest. I kinda loved those sections in the first Destiny 1 raid.
I guess I'd be ok with it if there is not much of it. I mean that's the least of the raid's problems. It has you also repeating bosses or some shit? I forgot but from what I remember there's just a ton of bullshit.

oti

Banned
Now that I'm done with Destiny 2 (for now), what should be my next game?

Crash Collection
Uncharted Lost Legacy
ReCore

oti

Banned
None of the above? Uncharted if you dig those games I guess. Skip the other two.

You're not helping. 😤
I bought Crash for 15 Euros.
I got ReCore for free (I guess, haven't booted up my Xbox One since the price glitch, it's not connected to the Internet).
I super duper dog those Uncharted games.

I think I'm going with ReCore. Just so I can use that damn Xbox again. Haven't touched it in ages.

BTA

I guess I shouldn't feel bad about forgetting to call NISA support on Friday because their support apparently doesn't even exist at the moment. I've gotten hold music and then dumped to leaving a voice mail twice now.

I just want to get V3 day 1 without rebuying the standard edition like I had to do with ZTD. Because I sure did forget to ever sell my extra copy of that.

It took several more calls but I got a rep. They'd already associated my payment with my order days ago but didn't tell me. Got to change my address at least.

this was frustrating for no real reason

Hasney

You're not helping. 😤
I bought Crash for 15 Euros.
I got ReCore for free (I guess, haven't booted up my Xbox One since the price glitch, it's not connected to the Internet).
I super duper dog those Uncharted games.

I think I'm going with ReCore. Just so I can use that damn Xbox again. Haven't touched it in ages.

Is it the Definitive ReCore? (is that even out?) Because if not its even worse with the unfinished game.

Keep your happy memories of Knack 2. You will need them.

Now that I'm done with Destiny 2 (for now), what should be my next game?

Crash Collection
Uncharted Lost Legacy
ReCore

Uncharted. A tight, memorable and well paced experience overall. I'd say after that you could do Crash Collection but honestly, I see Crash as the kind of game you'd play from time to time. It's very good in how you could be completely satisfied with finishing just a couple of levels in 30-40 minutes, that's how I love to play it. Never played it for longer sessions then that. Recore is alright and probably the one that will take you the longest to beat because for you to get to the end game stuff you'll have to have a certain amount of light orb thingy and it's not just for one door but several.

Meneses

Oh wow, that Terror Mission.
Never faced one with just 6 aliens, that was really lucky. They're at a pretty decent spot.

Top Bottom