• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
NkJGe2I.png
I remember that time they talked about the Schmu. That was a good time

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My favourite moment isn't even on youtube.

It's Brad going "Did you know that sunday comes before monday because the sun is bigger than the moon", then Jeff and Ryan dunking on him.

Even though I never heard it live: Giant Bomb eats GRIN's awful candy. So, so good. The first time I heard it I was playing Red Faction: Guerilla, doing some mindless open world task. I remember listening to that segment again 'cause it was so baffling.

Don't know the episode or airdate, unfortunately.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436826 What a bunch of whiners. They didn't invent shit. Between banning players for not playing their game "the right way" and now this I'm now actively hoping a PUBG clone makes these guys irrelevant.
First time seeing this and man, Bluehole's ... "issue," is quite pitiful, yeah. They're going full Konami! (it was Konami that trademarked the GOAT loading screen minigames idea right?!?!? And then never used it! Monsters.)

Just reminds me of Jake Solomon's (XCOM 2 Director) reaction to Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. He's happy, and his first words are, "That's great!" (For some background: XCOM 2's expansion, War of the Chosen, and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle released on the very same day; and the two franchises have very clear gameplay parallels. ) He goes on to talk about how it only helps to serve and expand the audience, and make those kind of games better. Which I believe is the correct approach--you shouldn't own gameplay, you should shepherd it to a better place.

robotrock

Banned
I like it when Brad asks Vinny if he'd buy a product that makes babies sleep instantly on airplanes, but then Vinny gives him a really long and serious answer.

swimbuff

Oh, I loved the overarching story of Vinny and Ryan's $50 bet on whether Sam Fisher was going to have night-vision goggles in the next Splinter Cell game that stretched over the course of a few months. Every once in a while a bit of news or an email would come in that would thicken the plot.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436826 What a bunch of whiners. They didn't invent shit. Between banning players for not playing their game "the right way" and now this I'm now actively hoping a PUBG clone makes these guys irrelevant.

I guess you might as well defend Epic for making a quick cash grab attempt too if you're going to defend people getting banned for stream sniping.

I think the wording isn't great, but I've got no issue with devs speaking out against the industry big boys ripping off their ideas whilst hardly changing a thing.

Zaph

Nah. Epic is a major business partner of Bluehole, they have every right to be concerned about such an overt clone - especially given the marketing and them rushing it out the door to beat PUBG to consoles.

Epic needs to think about what's more important to them - their first-party income, or the trust of license fee payers that Epic won't just pick apart their games while taking advantage of a very grey (at best) area.

at least they're (possibly) doing something for episode 500 (that may never come to pass)
Reads like they just realised #500 is next week and want to have "plans" to talk about next week.

Giant Bombcast 10-10-2008

The Koei-Tecmo and Dynasty Warriors conversation, which lasts three minutes, from 0:23:35 to 0:26:55. This is the bit that made me a Giant Bomb fan. I was playing Command & Conquer GDI Mission 9 when it happened. I had to pause the game as I was crying of laughter.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mechanically I have very few issues with Fortnite's BR mode, but maaaaaan the interface and presentation similarities are, shall we say, more blatant than I'd like to see from Battlegrounds imitators.

guys

come on

don't make the circle blue

Nah. Epic is a major business partner of Bluehole, they have every right to be concerned about such an overt clone - especially given the marketing and them rushing it out the door to beat PUBG to consoles.

Epic needs to think about what's more important to them - their first-party income, or the trust of license fee payers that Epic won't just pick apart their games while taking advantage of a very grey (at best) area.

I don't think this is anything even worth addressing. Games giving their takes on popular genres is nothing new. How many times have you heard people reference Super Metroid or Mario when they are talking about their games in interviews or something? How is this any different?

Fortnite at least brings something new to the table (the whole building thing). I don't think many people are going to be going to Fortnite Battle Royale when PUBG is one of the biggest and still most popular games out there right now.

Bluehole is being really petty.

swimbuff

Man CSD2 looks perfect for the Switch. I want to play it so bad. Really need Game Maker to support exporting to the Switch ASAP.

Phatmac

Thank you Vinny for addressing people's concerns over the team's reaction to PDP. I agree with your sentiments that this kind of language should not be allowed anymore.

Serious question: why not for Zelda? I played most of it with split joycons without issue, as far as I remember?

Should say I frequently toggle motion aiming off in Zelda though. But even when it's on it's usually fine.

Think it's the gyro. Feels better using both hands even though you don't need to. Same deal for Spoon. And it's easier to have both hands holding the same thing in that case.

Harpuia

The knife bat fight is surely up there, but for me the bit after when Vinny pleads to Ryan for another email, when he follows that up with the "where else would you put the nose on your body" email, ties the bow on that whole podcast.

BTA

Think it's the gyro. Feels better using both hands even though you don't need to. Same deal for Spoon. And it's easier to have both hands holding the same thing in that case.

Huh, I completely disagree, personally. It's way easier for me to just tilt my right hand slightly, especially in Splatoon. Though I could see Zelda's working fine with the grip/Pro since that wouldn't be as weighty as the screen and you have the slowmo so you don't need to aim as quickly.

Teddified

That one guy, I think his name starts with a P saying that they wont take the kinnect out of the box along with vinny editing was pretty good.

robotrock

Banned
The episode where Vinny is talking about his house is really damn good too. It's one of the Bombcasts with everyone recorded around GOTY times.

I remember something about getting shit on a router, as well as explaining to Dan how mortgages work. And Far Cry 4's birds maybe?

BTA

i'm really sad the this year compilations have disappeared into the ether

i hope someone somewhere saved them

Aww, are they really gone? I know they stopped getting made but I didn't know they were completely gone.

That's how I heard a lot of good Ryan moments since I only started listening within like a year or so of him passing away.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, the one where there was an email where they asked if Dan could eat taco bell for the rest of his life and Vinny's disbelief.

Top Bottom