• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Jeff's reason for PUBG not being eligible for GOTY is beyond fucking stupid. He admits himself the awards mean nothing.

If it's your favourite game of the year just say it is.

They control the website so why have arbitrary rules...

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
How dare you.
5hsJQt6.png

Teddified

Man I'm pretty jazzed about Divinity coming next week. GB got me in a mood to play xcom, but I decided to wait till Divinity to fill my turn based combat itch.

daveo42

Banned
Off Topic: Bojack is back bitches!
On Topic: I still have no clue what people see in ARK. Seems like an uncontrolled mess that is probably hilarious in short bursts an infuriating the rest of the time.
Hot Topic: Has terrible clothes for emo teens, kids born in the 2000s being nostalgic for stuff that happened before they were born, and half furries.

Hello there.
My involuntary vacation began when Ben and Abby "Queen of games and crushes on Blitz" were hired.

I will stay away from OT. Lesson learned.

You just have to know where the line is and avoid going over it. OT is a nightmare, but it can be survived.
welcome back

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought hot topic is more about pop culture stuff nowadays.

What do emo teens even listen to nowadays? And I'm not talking about the cool emo teens that listened to stuff like pg 99 and circle takes the square.

Seems like slightly angsty rock is no longer in the mainstream.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I thought hot topic is more about pop culture stuff nowadays.

What do emo teens even listen to nowadays? And I'm not talking about the cool emo teens that listened to stuff like pg 99 and circle takes the square.

Seems like slightly angsty rock is no longer in the mainstream.

Plenty of angst in pop and mainstream rock.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I mean, why do you think The good life is struggling to get funded right now?

Most people just didn't.

Yeah, it's easy to overestimate Swery's pull if you are deep within "his" circle. It still sucks. I hate to imagine Swery being sad. Dude seems like an extremely fun guy on Twitter. Also I'm pretty sure he is the only follower I have who isn't a bot.

Yeah as someone who has backed products both in Kickstarter and indiegogo i can't say I'm thrilled to have to keep up with another crowdfunding site.

I feel like at this point I've gotten used to creating new accounts every other week. What I need is an app or program that keeps track of all my accountnames, passwords etc.
I tried downloading a mod from Nexus the other day and realized that I have already created at least two accounts there.

Great play but what the fuck is that announcer. Seriously.

Antiwhippy

Or it could be that destiny 2 being good us the sign of the end times.

Also speaking of popular angsty music, the new brand new album is pretty lit.

Catvoca

Banned
I don't really get complaining about Destiny 2 talk. Like it's a big new release that I want to hear their thoughts on. Now if they talk about it every week for the next few months like the first game
or PUBG
, then I'll be annoyed by it.

kiguel182

I only have an issue with the Bombcast because their talk about new releases is boring. I have little interest in playing those games so their drab talk does little for me.

The beast cast is entertaining while discussing current events so it's cool.

Except for PUBG, I'm tired of that.

Antiwhippy

I don't really get complaining about Destiny 2 talk. Like it's a big new release that I want to hear their thoughts on. Now if they talk about it every week for the next few months like the first game
or PUBG

I mean that's pretty much what I'm getting at. I'm not super thrilled with destiny 2 talk but my post wasn't complaining about it. :p It'll be good to have something new after their interminable PUBG talks.

Unless it turns into another multiweek thing...

kiguel182

Seeing them list 98 and 2001 as "best years for video games" really drives home the point of how good this year is and how video games have evolved.

Of course some of those games built the foundation for what we have today but still, the variety and quality we have today is unmatched.

or PUBG
That's exactly what will happen, but it'll be years. Years of talking about a boring bad game that isn't interesting and only having bad things to say about it. Top 10 game of 2014 and the only good thing anyone said about it was "The shooting feels good" ... Destiny is a bad game that is boring and we have 7 more years to hear about how it only has 4 planets and every year they add a few hours of new content you get to replay over and over and over and over and over agian for the next year.

or PUBG

The "joke" about "but the shooting is good" is a hundred times more tiresome than the crew talking about Destiny. We talk about bad fanbases (Undertale etc) a lot but Destiny probably has the most screechingly annoying and vocal detractors.

Abby exposing how terrible Sonic games are designed.

Abby exposing how these games should probably have tutorials since you can't assume the player knows all of the mechanics right away

Mania's probably my game of the year so far but I really feel for people who are lost in playing them

Top Bottom