• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

It's ok. Some of us have just forgotten how to play bad games. Or were lucky enough to never have to learn how to play bad games because we had good games. Like not-Sonic.

if you're going to beat this drum ad-nauseam could you at least do it in a clever or funny way instead of whatever the hell you've been doing since like March

Mr. F

Banned
Man Abby's school timeline lines up with mine.

Mine too. There's been times listening to her convey her experience growing up with games that I've compared it with my own, fun to compare/contrast. Especially today's beastcast when they were running down the all time great years for games - while I wasn't aware of stuff like MGS until a few years later I was definitely obsessed with OoT in 1998 after playing it at a cousin's house.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
alright. PC port it is. just want to play that and PREY and I think I'll be good on games this year outside of stuff to come.

Well it's a shit port with no patches thus far, but you could always try it and then refund it on steam if it doesn't work for you.

I love Giant Beast's version of "FUCK 'EM" Nintendo.

That interview where the Salmon Run hubbub came from was actually a pretty good perspective on being a western dev in Japan since he also worked with Kojima on MGSV so it's almost a shame the only takeaway people have is about that.

oti

Banned
I love Giant Beast's version of "FUCK 'EM" Nintendo.

That interview where the Salmon Run hubbub came from was actually a pretty good perspective on being a western dev in Japan since he also worked with Kojima on MGSV so it's almost a shame the only takeaway people have is about that.

Yeah, shame they didn't contextualise the interview this was coming from at all. We don't usually get Nintendo devs speaking this openly about this stuff, so it was a great interview to read. They can still disagree with that was said in the interview of course, but a little less "listen to this stupid shit lol" and more context would've made for a better conversation.

Also this is the first time since forever I'm listening to the Beastcast on the day of its release. Thanks, podcast game aka Destiny 2.

I unlocked strikes in Destiny 2 and it's almost overwhelming now how much stuff there is to do now. I think I'm very close to the end of the story, which unfortunately has turned out to be pretty boring.

People's gotta go right in Sonic is really bad advice. The level design's intuitive once you understand in, namely go in the direction you enter the section you're in and you should always go up if you get the chance, but if you always try to go right I could see it getting frustrating.

Harpuia

Mine too. There's been times listening to her convey her experience growing up with games that I've compared it with my own, fun to compare/contrast. Especially today's beastcast when they were running down the all time great years for games - while I wasn't aware of stuff like MGS until a few years later I was definitely obsessed with OoT in 1998 after playing it at a cousin's house.

OoT was something I definitely got my hands on. I fell into Half Life and by association PC gaming once the Orange Box came out, which came out around the time I was in high school.

TraBuch

Banned
morning battlegrounds with waypoint and special guest abby russell of twitch.tv
https://www.twitch.tv/waypoint
I'm getting pretty tired of Waypoint taking the time of Giant Bomb employees during work hours when those workers should be making content for their paying customers.

I feel like Austin is trying to sabotage Giant Bomb for some reason. First he leaves after a just a year to build a competing site, leaving GB in a bind, then he hires Patrick Klepek, probably trying to find some dirt on Jeff or Vinny or Brad or somebody, now he's getting employees from Giant Bomb to appear on streams promoting his competing website when they should be working. Wouldn't surprise me if he sent Danika over undercover so she could leave behind bugs.

Alex sounded like he hated it.

Well we know Alex has good taste.

I'm getting pretty tired of Waypoint taking the time of Giant Bomb employees during work hours when those workers should be making content for their paying customers.

I feel like Austin is trying to sabotage Giant Bomb for some reason. First he leaves after a just a year to build a competing site, leaving GB in a bind, then he hires Patrick Klepek, probably trying to find some dirt on Jeff or Vinny or Brad or somebody, now he's getting employees from Giant Bomb to appear on streams promoting his competing website when they should be working. Wouldn't surprise me if he sent Danika over undercover so she could leave behind bugs.

This is sarcasm, right?

BTA

you'll regret your words and deeds when Austin leads us to Waypoint vs Beast TLoU 4v4 multiplayer

jck.gif

Sabas

Banned

The Shootmember Wrestling Thread is that way -->

kiguel182

Austin should hire the East Coast and merge with them.

I'm not even sure Im joking. I mean, everyone together and with Vice's budget behind them. Sounds cool.

Edit: Both teams would gain a lot with one another.

Edit2: Shit, now I want this.

killroy87

I'm not even sure Im joking. I mean, everyone together and with Vice's budget behind them. Sounds cool.

I feel like Waypoint is way more susceptible to being shuttered if they don't bring in traffic. They don't have a revenue model like GB does. Much less stable ground, imo.

Say what you will about CBS corporate bullshit, but I think it's a more stable place to run a video games website than Vice.

kiguel182

I feel like Waypoint is way more susceptible to being shuttered if they don't bring in traffic. They don't have a revenue model like GB does. Much less stable ground, imo.

That's true. But East seems stuck with a crappy studio while Waypoint has a nice setup with other Vice people around.

East is in a great state now but Austin is still missed and Waypoint could definetly use some of the silliness from GB and some different voices.

I'm almost at the point of fan fiction now. What am I doing with my life.

Harpuia

Is this sarcasm?

I hope it is

Well OK, I think a game should definitely show the player how to play their game within their game. That's just how games are and should be made. Barring that, it should come with instructions that explain their mechanics. If the manual and in-game instructions don't suffice, then you either (rightfully) declare the game poorly made, or just google it and try to figure it out. I'm not saying this is the right thing to do, but people have options.

kiguel182

I don't know how Vice is less stable than CBS. I mean, without the subscription model GB wouldn't even be a thing.

Waypoint doesn't have subs and don't seem to
compromise because of that. They even got a TV show now.

TraBuch

Banned
You guys are laughing now, but we'll see who's laughing when Waypoint eats Giant Bomb and your sole source of gaming coverage comes in the form of which video game character is fucking and which is celibate.

kiguel182

Say what you want about Waypoint but at least they can describe a video game past "it feels good". Which I mean, it's valid sometimes but when that's all you have maybe your podcast doesn't need to be 2+ hours.

Yes, I'm still not over this weeks bombcast.

Top Bottom