• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I passed out like a baby midway. Woke up and jumped straight to Jeff's stream.
1G02bUV.png

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Super happy they did it without any ringers. It was all worth it for their screams of joy at the end. Now to wait for the full archive to get uploaded so I could watch the entire madness unfold.

just imagine all of the times Dan and Vinny would be scrambling to parry each other's ghosts and freaking out when it leads to them blowing it

The (boss spoiler)
rollercoaster
boss in world 2 of Cuphead is a jerk.

I had so much trouble dashing through the charge in the very first phase, man

last phase was way easier than I thought it'd be, though

oti

Banned
just imagine all of the times Dan and Vinny would be scrambling to parry each other's ghosts and freaking out when it leads to them blowing it

I had so much trouble dashing through the charge in the very first phase, man

last phase was way easier than I thought it'd be, though
I've got the first phase down no problem. What I hate is the moving
rollercoaster
The charge weapon is your friend. I got A- on all of the bosses in world 1 & 2. Slowly working my way through world 3 now, loving every second of it.
Charge weapon you say? 🤔
Gotta try that out today!

Charge weapon you say? ��
Gotta try that out today!

Even then the most important aspect of Cuphead is having patience and learning all of the boss's phases. However, the charge weapon makes getting to every phase much quicker. You better get it soon though because...

q1XRQ8M.png

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Glad they finished the raid as a team, I felt like I followed their emotions as a team as they went through it, from 'oh wow this is kinda cool I should definitely try this raid' all the way to 'fuck this game'.

I thought it was the RNG loot that was making me low-key angry every time I played Destiny 2 but watching the streams I realised the loot is actually the fun part, what's frustrating is the gameplay. It's intense and relentless and no matter how much you shoot you're still going to have to do it all again, it's like playing an NFL game with no clock. I realise this is every MMO and Diablo clone but I think there's something about the intensity of the hard parts of Destiny 2 that makes my brain think something good must be coming at the end and it never does.

LifEndz

Just woke up and watched the end of the stream. Glad they got it, although Ben dying at the end was hilarious. Shame they'll probably never do it again because I bet with a decent team, almost all of them could do it in like no time at all.

Scizzy

I'm happy they beat the raid. Seems like a better final boss fight than Oryx, which was even more esoteric.

All the glitches and de facto wipe mechanics are total bullshit, but the general idea of having to communicate with and trust teammates you're totally cut off from and then coming together as a group to deal massive damage is really cool.

NightOnyx

All the glitches and de facto wipe mechanics are total bullshit, but the general idea of having to communicate with and trust teammates you're totally cut off from and then coming together as a group to deal massive damage is really cool.

Yeah, the splitting up and communicating felt like a general theme for this Raid, even more so than others, and I really like that, even if I am disappointed by the Raid overall. It's a really cool feeling when your group gets everything down and are communicating well, and things just kind of click and everyone is doing their part. It's a pretty unique experience. However, there are definitely some design decisions that Bungie made that take away from those moments, or times when random glitches screw them up for BS reasons as well, but regardless it's still pretty awesome when it happens.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When people say you can do anything you want with your live I think this link pretty much sums it up. This is a 1 hour doc about the history of speeduns of a, at best, decent video game and has almost 50,000 views in 10 days.

Now I'm gonna watch it.

Tbf gb has 24 hours footage of an, at best, decent videogame

Lari

I don't think that was better than any SMS

and it's totally not one of those things you'll ever go back to after seeing it live

Yes, I agree with this.

Steal My Sunshine is my favorite of their shows.
That said, I did have fun with the raid stream last night.

Goblet! Dog! Sun!

ninjical

Neo Member
Six Crazy Frights is a great series so far and I'd love to see it become a regular thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be horror-related either, a lot of what I like about the most recent episode is them experiencing the story of the game. Knowing how much Vinny likes point and click adventure games, it'd be cool to see them play some of them together.

Cuphead is really making me wish my gaming PC.

This semester without video games that aren’t on iPad is proving to be much harder than I expected.

Oakinn

Besides all of us watching, they had people from Kotaku, Waypoint and Polygon rooting them on. I think that's kinda cool that other people in the industry were watching and willing them to the win.

Top Bottom