• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Help, I'm looking at the ARK wiki again.

There are apparently 3 types of creatures you can tame: ones where they have to be knocked unconscious before you feed them food they like, ones you can just feed, and ones under "turret taming" which is to say you need to knock them out using turret-based weaponry.

This requires even more effort than expected.

If you hatch an egg of let's say a wyvern you have to imprint yourself on it at birth and nurture it by cuddling and also extracting milk from the breast of a female wyvern to feed it on top of feeding it meat from other creatures. I'll say it again, ARK is absolutely insane.

Nerokis

It's really cool to see them mesh well, yeah.

It actually is. Austin and Danika are both great, and it's nice to see them popping up in the occasional GB content. The growing GBxWaypoint connection has produced some good stuff.

Still waiting for Patrick to make an appearance at some point.

BTA

It actually is. Austin and Danika are both great, and it's nice to see them popping up in the occasional GB content. The growing GBxWaypoint connection has produced some good stuff.

Still waiting for Patrick to make an appearance at some point.

Yeah, I was hoping DNB would lead to some more stuff with Pat and Allegra.

Obviously everyone has their own jobs but it's nice to see cool people being cool together.

Zaph

So many East coast videos though. When are they gonna unlock the first episode of one of those West coast video series' they started in the last year or two?.
x9HwIy7.png

BTA

If you hatch an egg of let's say a wyvern you have to imprint yourself on it at birth and nurture it by cuddling and also extracting milk from the breast of a female wyvern to feed it on top of feeding it meat from other creatures. I'll say it again, ARK is absolutely insane.

Dare I ask how exactly one milks a wyvern?

EDIT:

What was Vinny referring to when he said the last time they had guests over with drinks it went "rotten"?

In the Megadate with Mary he drank too much without meaning to.

I don't think I actually watched all of that yet myself.

Jon Blow playing PUBG is something I'll drop everything and watch for a while. [Not sarcasm.]

So this is actually a Witness spoiler, but
is this his same office / apartment from The Witness? Maybe I'm forgetting what it looked like.

ryseing

"That's the frat alphabet, right?"

As someone who lives in an apartment complex with a bunch of Greek life folks, this speaks to me on a deep level.

It is fantastic to hear really Southern people try to pronounce Greek letters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ehhhh... it looks like Yakuza. It's a great franchise with amazing story beats (zero was amazing) and I'll probably play it for Takeshi Kitano, but every game feels the same. Plus they're fucking long.

I'm at least interested to see the end of kiryu's story, but yeaaaaaah.

Hearing that 1 didn't hold up is kinda deflating too.

I'm at least interested to see the end of kiryu's story, but yeaaaaaah.

Hearing that 1 didn't hold up is kinda deflating too.

The narrative in Yakuza is so fucking good that I think the majority of the game elements are a detriment as somebody who usually loves stupid shit in games. The stupid sidequests are written in a fun way but they are so abstracted from the narrative that they take away from it. The melee combat's okay with some amazing gimmicks, but it doesn't do anything to convey the story it's trying to tell.

I kinda wish it was two different games. One a side-quest heavy goofy brawler with over the top moves and character interactions. The other a super serious Yakuza epic with gameplay to match.

I really love both of those things, but together it all just feel incongruous and the series has been doing the same thing for so long.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh i don't know, the braawling while it is pretty simplistic, they are good at conveying epicness when it comes to scale.

The sidequests are there to give you a break from the SUPER SERIOUS MACHO MELODRAMA story and i appreciate that.

Curufinwe

Kingdom Heartache had so much potential...alas not even funny bad. It's really in a class of its own in terms of awfulness really. Man GBWest is down in the dumps. Ben, YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

It's as disappointing as getting food poisoning right before a trip to Disneyland.

Eh i don't know, the braawling while it is pretty simplistic, they are good at conveying epicness when it comes to scale.

The sidequests are there to give you a break from the SUPER SERIOUS MACHO MELODRAMA story and i appreciate that.

I'd just like them to be separate. I'd really love a 6-9 hour serious Yakuza game where the game-play actually matched what was happening.

BTA

They should have an exchange program for a week where Austin and Danika just get to chill on GBE whilst Alex has to deal with the stress of managing waypoint and Dan has to host a witty millennial twitter account.

Dan would love to become a brand though.

BTA

Ah I see. I honestly can't wouldnt be surprised if some younger folks hadn't seen one so made sense to me!

That's fair! I mean, I can't actually think of the last thing I played that used one (unless you count PUBG's custom games, but even then I haven't played that part myself).

Top Bottom