• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Hasney

Watching the descent into madness that only a 10 hour 6 man pass the controller co-op full play through stream of Knack 2 was something else.

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't played it but Destiny 2 is complete shit and you've all been fooled and you see the numbers go up and you're like yeah I love this but in reality you hate it and wish you could stop but you can't because you've all been programmed to love numbers and Crazy Taxi and and microtransactions and the offspring .

Teddified

kqz1pzs.gif

GOTY on lock

BTA

In my experience the shittiness tends to be worst in streamers, less bad in Lets Players, and essayists tend to be safest unless they also talk about modern masculinity or atheism.

Essayists can be dangerous because I feel like what I've seen happen multiple times now is that one of them can put out one good thing for a recent/upcoming game that gets shared around a ton and then you realize they're openly terrible in like every other video and then not everybody hears that and so keeps praising them.

daveo42

Banned
You know what game won't get the recognition it deserves? Goddamn Gravity Rush 2. Now I'll just go over here and live in my fantasy world where people actually played that game.
:(

Bye bye PUBG

Hello Destiny 2.

Too bad I have no interest in either.

*continues playing Knack*

I mean sure...
but Knack?

Hasney

There's a huge difference in a scripted television series and GB

Unless we find out GB was entirely written by Jeff

I dont see it that way. Doesn't matter if I'm watching a YouTube VOD of a dude on Twitch with 0 viewers or Infinity War in the cinema, I'm either entertained or I'm not and if I'm not, I'll figure out the reason. I think being upset at any entertainment product that isn't specifically offensive is silly, but you can sure be done with a series based on previous actions being more grating than having fun watching.

Don't worry. It's part joke. The rest though is that "modern" (read: Bioshock and on) aren't really great fps games either. Decent, but not great. Plus, Bioshock is somehow a better fps while Infinite is leagues worse. And I'm also well aware of where the games came from and know I should eventually get back to System Shock 2 (I went in blind and spec'd way wrong at the start), but this was a conversation about fps games, not immersive sims.

My dark secret is that I've never actually fully played System Shock 2 and it's unlikely I ever will, I came to it too late and it's too dated for me and I think Deus Ex is the better game. But you know. I know about it. That's good enough, right? Right???

Harpuia

Yeah you totally want to bone up on that Excellent Destiny Lore by playing the first Destiny game.

You can probably get away with jumping into Destiny 2, don't be Vinny!!

Hasney

Play the "story" content at least. Shouldn't take long.

You're a goddamn monster.

DO NOT PLAY DESTINY FOR THE STORY. IT'S LIKE PLAYING MARIO 1 FOR THE STORY

Read some assorted lore or some shit because that story is hot trassshhhh and they over explain the parts you really need to know in Destiny 2 anyway.

Yeah, the game will look like absolute insanity on PC.

Honestly, it could look exactly the same, but playing that beta at over 100fps and mouse control meaning I never have to use boring ADS made it enjoyable after I wrote off the PS4 beta for playing like shit.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Klepek with the daggers, also explicitly citing the Ryan Davis "f***ot" situation

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...ass-for-using-the-n-word-because-he-was-angry

I haven't been in this thread in a long time, so hopefully this doesn't come as an intrusion. I just figured this might get shared here.

My desire was to use that moment in a teachable way, in a respectful way, because I cannot express how much I still miss my friend.

I hope that comes across in the story.

I don't know why I waited so long to play Knack.

This is serviceable entertainment.

Currently on 8-2.

Took a break from Kiwami because of this LOL.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah you totally want to bone up on that Excellent Destiny Lore by playing the first Destiny game.

You can probably get away with jumping into Destiny 2, don't be Vinny!!

I'm guessing I can probably get away with jumping over Destiny 2 altogether to avoid getting any on my shoes, and I still won't miss anything worth mentioning about the story.

LiK

You're a goddamn monster.

DO NOT PLAY DESTINY FOR THE STORY. IT'S LIKE PLAYING MARIO 1 FOR THE STORY

Read some assorted lore or some shit because that story is hot trassshhhh and they over explain the parts you really need to know in Destiny 2 anyway.

He needs to know.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I haven't been in this thread in a long time, so hopefully this doesn't come as an intrusion. I just figured this might get shared here.

My desire was to use that moment in a teachable way, in a respectful way, because I cannot express how much I still miss my friend.

It does

daveo42

Banned
My dark secret is that I've never actually fully played System Shock 2 and it's unlikely I ever will, I came to it too late and it's too dated for me and I think Deus Ex is the better game. But you know. I know about it. That's good enough, right? Right???

Knowing about it is like 90% of the battle, so that's fine by me.

It 100% does.
Honestly, it could look exactly the same, but playing that beta at over 100fps and mouse control meaning I never have to use boring ADS made it enjoyable after I wrote off the PS4 beta for playing like shit.

I just want to take screenshots without the HUD

not going to be buying the PC version for that though

Absolutely does for me, and I would think most everyone in this thread.

Kaibutsu

It did and I appreciate you using it. We all love and miss Ryan but, like he admitted, he fucked up. Ryan was a good dude that said an incredibly hurtful and ignorant thing which he owned up to and I think you using it was a great teaching moment. Like you, I tossed around a lot of hurtful homophobic slurs back in the 90s because "it was ok" and "everyone says it" and it still pains me to this day.

Lunar FC

I've never played XCOM before but Exquisite Corps has kind of gotten me into it. Would y'all recommend Enemy Unknown or 2? 🤔

How's it as a podcast game? If I can use it as a podcast game and get maybe 2-3 months out of it, maybe around October-November then I'll be good. I'm getting a Switch later on this year with some other games so if it's good enough to fill that time I'll be fine.

Perfect. It's how I am currently playing it right now if I'm going at it alone.

Wunder

I've never played XCOM before but Exquisite Corps has kind of gotten me into it. Would y'all recommend Enemy Unknown or 2? 🤔

both are really good (2 with WOTC) but if you have 0 experience with XCOM or even tactical turn based games then probably EU?

daveo42

Banned

While I haven't read the article, there is a clear distinction in response from Ryan vs PDP that shows more to a person's character. Ryan didn't deserve a pass and he knew that. I wish I was around for the Davis years and am sad I missed them.

Dineren

Banned
How's it as a podcast game? If I can use it as a podcast game and get maybe 2-3 months out of it, maybe around October-November then I'll be good. I'm getting a Switch later on this year with some other games so if it's good enough to fill that time I'll be fine.

For me, it's the perfect podcast game. Outside of the raids I rarely played D1 or now D2 without something else on in the background.

Hasney

XCOM2, especially with War of the Chosen, is the better game. But even at its easiest, it can be brutal.

Find EU with Enemy Within for cheap and play that. Then once you have your bearings with a winning play through, download the Long War mod and play that.

By the time you've beaten that, you'll be ready for War of the Chosen. Hell, by that point, it'll likely be cheap too.

Salarians

it does, you did good

Niska

Neo Member

I only lurk here but that moment was definitely used in a respectful manner.

Top Bottom