• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

daveo42

Banned
Destiny is now the greatest thing ever made. Brad really pushing hard for that GotY nod for Destiny 2. Maybe even GotG whenever they get to that in about two decades.

Edit: oooo....Star Trek Discovery ad. God Bless CBS.

I'm really surprised that Brad is making Diablo comparisons with Destiny.

They are fundamentally really different games to the point where I think they are barely comparable outside of "You get loot and work with small party of people," which seems needlessly reductive.

This all plays into Brad's plan of getting the game to #1 during GotY.

Hasney

Destiny is now the greatest thing ever made. Brad really pushing hard for that GotY nod for Destiny 2. Maybe even GotG whenever they get to that in about two decades.

Thinking about it, I wonder if they'll do a game of the decade for their 10 year anniversary shenanigans.

oti

Banned
people have already done everything available in the game

and now have to wait until more content

destiny is bad

But that's over 20h of solid content. Plus PvP if you're into that. Halloween/Christmas events are right around the corner and so is the first raid.

This all plays into Brad's plan of getting the game to #1 during GotY.

Don't think so. Brad's first impression wasn't as high as I expected it to be.

I don't think Jeff will let Destiny 2 GOTY fly barring some incredible raid (I'm sure it will be good, but not amazing or anything)

ev0

Brad "We're so hard on [Destiny 2] because it might be the greatest thing ever made"

Wait. This was actually said.
I mean I played D2 all weekend.

But shit. GOTY this year is going to be worse than Brad filibuster 2014 isnt it. Considering 2017 has tons of great games compared to 2014

Edit: I'm dumb

They talked about Mario and Rabbids and Destiny 2 so far and for both Jeff has only talked negatively about both

Jeff has talked positively about Destiny 2, what are you talking about?

He has a lot of criticism(most of it seems fairly reasonable), but he still said he enjoyed parts of the game.

xvrQAld.png

Hasn't Nintendo already kinda took most their internal teams off the 3ds at this point? Outside of Ever Oasis(outsourced to Grezzo), Metroid(outsourced to MercurySteam), Hey Pikmin(outsourced to Azrest), that Kirby thing and Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon, most internal teams are doing switch games and Nintendo is letting 3rd party lift up the 3ds for the rest of the year and probably into next year.

Giganteus

Brad "We're so hard on [Destiny 2] because it might be the greatest thing ever made"
This quote is kinda misleading. He was saying it could be the greatest game for him if they fix the problems with it, and that's why they're hard on it, because it could be so much more potentially.

This quote is kinda misleading. He was saying it could be the greatest game for him if they fix the problems with it, and that's why they're hard on it, because it could be so much more potentially.

It is misleading.

I'm just curious as to how long that is going to be applicable. I hardly think two games is a trend, but I also think that Jeff is on point about the game having a lot of problems that probably should have been addressed.

I don't want to be down on Destiny too much, but at what point might the crew (especially Brad) just realize Bungie might not be the team to get Destiny to that point? I hope they are the team, but as of right now I'm not nearly looking forward to Destiny 3 as much as I was looking forward to Destiny 2 because I feel like the step up was a lot more marginal than I thought it would be.

TraBuch

Banned
I use a Blackberry I got three years ago for free. That's how much I care about phones.

I do tend to buy new tablet models, though.

imBask

Banned
I change my phone every 2-3 years because I like new toys, and because it's easy to justify. I have my phone with me 24/7, I use it every single day of my life.

Having a supercomputer in my pocket that can inform me on just about anything that ever happened ever, and that I can use as an agenda, an alarm clock, a calculator, etc etc, is something i'm willing to invest my hard earned money into

Smartphones are dope.

Top Bottom