• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Is it odd that YouTube commenters seem to like Abby way more than Ben?
I like Abby more than Ben, but I just think she... has... more... interesting things to say? :\ I haven't really gotten anything out of Ben other than Dota 2 and repeated attempts at humour of saying something intentionally lame followed by sardonic forced laughter, both which do nothing for me.

oti

Banned
6 weeks until the game of the year comes out.

🙏🙏🙋*♂️🇮🇹🔜🐓🎩🙏🙏

TraBuch

Banned
I like Abby more than Ben, but I just think she... has... more... interesting things to say? : I haven't really gotten anything out of Ben other than repeated attempts at humour of saying something intentionally lame followed by sardonic forced laughter and Dota 2, both which do nothing for me.
Personality and humor wise, I totally get it, I mean is it odd in that the white, straight, male nerd is way more disliked than the woman who talks about equality in gaming and isn't as "knowledgeable" on a platform that's notorious for hating anybody that's not a straight, white, male nerd.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ben I think has more interesting things to say on the topic of video games, but Abby is more traditionally charismatic. They're entertaining in different ways

Personality and humor wise, I totally get it, I mean is it odd in that the white, straight, male nerd is way more disliked than the woman who talks about equality in gaming and isn't as "knowledgeable" on a platform that's notorious for hating anybody that's not a straight, white, male nerd.
Oh, heh, I see what you mean now. I just ignore YouTube comments so I wasn't thinking about that angle.

hamchan

I think it just speaks to how likeable Abby is that she managed to overcome the regular hate barrier of being a woman on the internet, in gaming, with something to say. It is kinda amazing that she doesn't get much hate in the comments compared to both Ben and Patrick back in the day. Don't remember if Austin got any hate but I'm leaning towards that he didn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

pretty sure ben hasn't disclosed his orientation

oti

Banned
Ben is awkward in a way no other person at GB is. Which is fine. I just wish he wouldn't go after every opportunity for a stupid joke that doesn't land and creates an awkward pause. Abby is really good at playing off the bad jokes she makes.

Snagret

I think it just speaks to how likeable Abby is that she managed to overcome the regular hate barrier of being a woman on the internet, in gaming, with something to say. It is kinda amazing that she doesn't get much hate in the comments compared to both Ben and Patrick back in the day. Don't remember if Austin got any hate but I'm leaning towards that he didn't.
Austin got tons of hate for being "pretentious". Yeah, it sucked.

pretty sure ben hasn't disclosed his orientation
I'm fairly certain I've heard him use female pronouns to refer to his partner before. It only stuck out to me because he normally uses gender-neutral terms like "they" or "partner". Which sticks out to me as a gay guy who's used that trick plenty of times before.

Both Ben and Abby are cool with me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Lol

Curufinwe

I like Abby more than Ben, but I just think she... has... more... interesting things to say? : I haven't really gotten anything out of Ben other than Dota 2 and repeated attempts at humour of saying something intentionally lame followed by sardonic forced laughter, both which do nothing for me.

That like saying all Abby ever does is yell "spice" at random moments in PUBG streams.

TraBuch

Banned
I actually think Austin would've gotten hate even if he was white. Less? Definitely. There's more than a little racism in there. But if he was white, people would look at him as another Patrick and we all know how well-liked Patrick is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TEW 2 might be a late contender for OST of the year based on the new trailer
I actually think Austin would've gotten hate even if he was white. Less? Definitely. There's more than a little racism in there. But if he was white, people would look at him as another Patrick and we all know how well-liked Patrick is.

not that its a contest but Patrick got more hate than Austin. The amount of hate Patrick got was straight absurd.

Antiwhippy

That race part sure added an extra dimension though.

That like saying all Abby ever does is yell "spice" at random moments in PUBG streams.
Maybe she does, but I only listen to the casts, and I seriously don't have much to recollect regarding Ben's contributions on that front that don't end up being that since when he does talk about other games it ends up being in a hazy unsure way.

Snagret

not that its a contest but Patrick got more hate than Austin. The amount of hate Patrick got was straight absurd.
I still get angry thinking about the hateful messages people sent to Patrick when his dad passed away. The way he was treated by the community was straight up garbage.

Antiwhippy

Btw, Off topic, but i recently discovered that you can get those angry onions that you get on the angry whopper as a side and I've been obsessed with it.

Help.

BTA

Austin got tons of hate for being "pretentious". Yeah, it sucked.

I'm fairly certain I've heard him use female pronouns to refer to his partner before. It only stuck out to me because he normally uses gender-neutral terms like "they" or "partner". Which sticks out to me as a gay guy who's used that trick plenty of times before.

Both Ben and Abby are cool with me.

I feel weird discussing this and furthermore anyone's sexuality/gender/personal lives/etc. but because this is open knowledge on Twitter: Ben's partner uses they/them pronouns.

TraBuch

Banned

It probably helped that Austin could be funny while Patrick kinda came off as trying really hard.

Btw, Off topic, but i recently discovered that you can get those angry onions that you get on the angry whopper as a side and I've been obsessed with it.

Help.
What? From where?

Curufinwe

Maybe she does, but I only listen to the casts, and I seriously don't have much to recollect regarding Ben's contributions on that front that don't end up being that since when he does talk about other games it ends up being in a hazy unsure way.

You don't watch any GB videos at all?

I think Ben's been good on all his Quick looks and seems to know a fair amount about a lot of different types of games.

Top Bottom