• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
It is really dumb how two very system heavy games come out in such a short proximity to each other. Wardor now and Assassin's Creed in 17 days. Now some people will feel the need to rush through Wardor to play AC on launch day. Those games can also get pretty tiresome if one is into min-maxing.

Acorn

It is really dumb how two very system heavy games come out in such a short proximity to each other. Wardor now and Assassin's Creed in 17 days. Now some people will feel the need to rush through Wardor to play AC on launch day. Those games can also get pretty tiresome if one is into min-maxing.
Mordor also looks the most menu based. Could see people tiring of that before AC.

Like sorry if i come off defensive because i can stand a ton of hot takes, like i follow wrestling where the takes can get molten but beatle-shaming is just the one sore spot that just.....mmmmm errrggghh yeah. Can't handle it.

D80HkAV.gif

try to be a big boy and handle other opinions but...oohhh yeah. ugh. shit.

2L6UZYy.gif

beach boys hate i can understand though

oti

Banned
Like sorry if i come off defensive because i can stand a ton of hot takes, like i follow wrestling where the takes can get molten but beatle-shaming is just the one sore spot that just.....mmmmm errrggghh yeah. Can't handle it.

D80HkAV.gif

try to be a big boy and handle other opinions but...oohhh yeah. ugh. shit.

2L6UZYy.gif

beach boys hate i can understand though

Who's the Beatles of wrestling?

Was gonna say Flair but this is actually a waaaaaay better comparison. Gods in their prime and gone way too soon. Had the Beatles stayed a band to this day, they would've made some absolute dog shit songs.

I know why this is bothering me so much, I'm the same age as Abby and was pretty much the only kid in my entire high school that liked The Beatles. Like when Beatles: Rock Band came out, I was so excited about that entire release but was dressed the fuck down over it. So yeah, Abby, ya killing me.

34jFLfF.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
1. Hating on the Beatles, specifically on their importance, makes you look like an idiot if you like any bands today. The Beatles are the reason bands exist how they do.

2. Hating on The Beach Boys means you never listened to Pet Sounds.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I love Drew's Cloth Map, but he really needs two people more.
I'll be willing to help, Drew.
I come cheap.

There are times where the editing is just too short. More exposition, and Drew interacting with the public, which isn't feasible in the one-man-crew.

What I am saying, is that it looks like a trailer, than a good 15-20 minute segment one one culture.

derFeef

Cloth Map sounded way more interesting on paper to me.
Still, Drew has a lot of talent, but I feel like this is not going the direction he either wants it to, or myself thought it was going to.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Still, Drew has a lot of talent, but I feel like this is not going the direction he either wants it to, or myself thought it was going to.
It's Anthony Bourdain without its crew. He needs people to be there.

Producing, blocking, b roll etc.

The Beatles Rock Band should be on current gen platforms.

Legit one of the best things Harmonix ever did(Besides RB Blitz! underappreciated as fuck), to truly appreciate it one has to play Guitar Hero: Metallica. Yeah, playing Metallica songs is cool but man, they did fuck all when it came to celebrating the band.

1. Hating on the Beatles, specifically on their importance, makes you look like an idiot if you like any bands today. The Beatles are the reason bands exist how they do.

correct. Saying shit like "Beatles are overrated" is just showing your entire ass. It's also really not an interesting opinion in any way, it's just ignorant.

Meguro

Banned
I feel like we've had this exact Beatles discussion before.
My thoughts remain the same. I recognize that they are very influential and important but I just don't vibe with their music.

valeo

Imagine how good Cloth Map would be if it was Drew and Dan travelling the world.

Bourdain + An Idiot Abroad - would be amazing.

Also re: Beatles; I stand by my opinion that if someone can't find even ONE Beatles song they like, they're probably an idiot.

I knew basically right away it was going to be bad. He doesn't have the the money for it to be what it needs to be, which (as someone already said) is basically Parts Unknown only for video games instead of food. I can definitely imagine a 30 minute weekly show about what gaming means to people in different parts of the world, along with the studios in each respective area, but not like this. I also think Drew is just better and more natural on camera if he has someone else to bounce off of, he's awkward and uncomfortable on his own. Bourdain's show works because he can just comfortably be down to earth with strangers.

I knew basically right away it was going to be bad. He doesn't have the personality or the money for it to be what it needs to be, which (as someone already said) is basically Parts Unknown only for video games instead of food. I can definitely imagine a 30 minute weekly show about what gaming means to people in different parts of the world, along with the studios in each respective area, but not like this.

So I think he started in like March/April, right? How many places has he gone to? I've only watched a video in Chernobyl. I don't know if his output is on par with most other patreons that are doing similar stuff... I feel like Danny has hit his stride pretty nicely with his patreon.

So I think he started in like March/April, right? How many places has he gone to? I've only watched a video in Chernobyl. I don't know if his output is on par with most other patreons that are doing similar stuff... I feel like Danny has hit his stride pretty nicely with his patreon.

Dannys is fantastic. He clearly had a very specific idea and plan of what he wanted to do and stuck to a good schedule, he also probably studied documentaries at least a bit to figure out how he wanted the series to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom