• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
I've legitimately decided that I'm gonna attend veterinary school and my purpose in life will be to help those Chernobyl animals.

All that we now about the second game is that it is hub based in design. Meaning we got mini hub worlds that are interconnected with side missions alongside the story stuff. Who knows how it'll all pan out but I'm excited. I'm expecting it to be a mixed bag both reception wise and the game itself much like the first one BUT I'd like to be wrong.

Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers!

Hasney

is cdkeys.com stolen keys? Looking to buy TEW 2 and if they're stolen I'll pay $10 more to get it from greenman.

Nah, they're unboxed European copies that they scan or type the code in for and send it over.

They sold stolen keys for one of the Sniper Elites once, but even the deva say it was likely a distributor and not CDKeys fault. CDKeys gave everyone a refund and a vouchee on top.

Finally bought Splatoon 2 after having a Switch and only Golf Story for a little over a week. Going to be nice to play a big, full 3D game on this thing again.

i'm boutta splat dualies on some foolies

Hasney

Gah, Overwatch servers down with the Halloween load so I can't do my normal mystery heroes games while having Bombcast on.

EDIT:

1PuDwm4.jpg

Well then

Dany

Banned
Jeff is nooooot into Wardor huh

The game looks so bad. There is so many top-level mechanical systems added to the game that look distracting. It reminds me of what WV did for mortal Kombat and the most recent Batman game. Focus on the game and not on different ways to grab the players attention if one way doesnt.

imBask

Banned
Mordor worked because that year was complete garbo

Wardor is competing with one of the greatest year of all time + it's just more of that

Harpuia

He's trying to atone for liking the first one.

Every now and then I have to remind myself what came out in the years past and I dug up GB's 2014 list:

Shadow of Mordor, Bayonetta 2, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Jazzpunk, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8, Destiny

I think in that order?

I pitched my show and I felt the meeting went really well.

Now I gotta wait 2-3 weeks.

Thank god this months has so many games I want to play, gotta pass the time.

Great news Strax, hoping you get it! Yea there are so many games haha. Need to play so many games yet I keep putting more time into Stardew, has its grips on me!

Mr. F

Banned
Every now and then I have to remind myself what came out in the years past and I dug up GB's 2014 list:

Shadow of Mordor, Bayonetta 2, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Jazzpunk, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8, Destiny

I think in that order?

That's a jeff-ass top 4 bayonetta aside

Stoze

I think in that order?
Tropical Freeze, Wolfenstein TNO, and Dark Souls 2 am cry

TraBuch

Banned
How many GB GOTY games does Jeff like now?

GTA IV
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2
Skyrim
XCOM
The Last of Us
Shadow of Mordor
Mario Maker
Hitman

You can immediately scratch off the Naughty Dog games.

Xeteh

Brad: Street Fighter is a bad example because those costumes are so expensive.

They're $4 but he's totally okay with Arcanas in Dota 2 that are $30.

Lunar FC

I think in that order?

How Wolfenstein doesn't top this embarrassing list blows my mind. One of GB's darkest moments.

Tropical Freeze is the greatest 2D platformer of all time. I hope that game can get a re-release on switch just so more people can experience it.

I wouldn't say Greatest, but it was good. For the most part it was enjoyable but the boss fights seemed to go on a bit longer than I thought they should have, having to wait for the changes in formation was a bit tedious too. The music was so good though, some of the best music that year for sure. They really dropped the ball that year with the Soundtrack debate. I really think they need to pick out like two or three tracks (ahead of time) each for the games that they want to champion. And everyone gets a chance to play some. Honestly I really hope they fully revamp this year's deliberations. It needs it.

TraBuch

Banned
Know what was a good game? Shadow Dancer. I should play some Shadow Dancer.

Bring back Shadow Dancer. And Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. Bring that back, too.

Stoze

Last week: "I found out there's a hardcore mode you unlock through a specific way, you know its hardcore because it goes black and white"
This week: "I googled that if you beat run and gun without shooting you unlock expert mode"

Ben pls.
Beating the game unlocks expert bosses, there's no "hardcore" mode, pacifist run and gun unlocks black and white filter in settings and an audio filter.

BTA

rVKNw0c.png

Fright or Shite episode 4 is going to be that game

Oh, hmm. I do wish they'd sorta branch out a bit, but, well, I've never actually seen any of these (beyond what they did of Layers previously) so it is actually sorta neat to see what these games actually are. I'm looking forward to watching today's later.

I'm guessing one of the last 2 will be a 5NaF then?

an episode being Anatomy is gonna be my TLoU EvW 4v4 multiplayer isn't it

The conversation about loot boxes on the bombcast really sucked. "People are buying them so whatever". It's gambling my dudes. Obviously they don't give a shit or see no problem with that inherently.

Tagyhag

I'm not trying to be the cool contrarian guy about it. I don't like a lot of movies people say are good. But after all the praise Mad Max got I thought I'd like it more. That's all. I'm sure I like a ton of terrible movies and that's ok. :)

Oh I know that, but it still takes guts!

Like telling others you didn't enjoy The Princess Bride. You'd get a lot of "WHAT? WHY? EXPLAIN"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom