• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i'm assuming that cuphead playdate basically spoils a chunk of the game, yeah? should i just get over my desire to not be spoiled and watch it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
so i'm assuming that cuphead playdate basically spoils a chunk of the game, yeah? should i just get over my desire to not be spoiled and watch it?

I mean if you plan to play it you'll see around half of the game.

And part of the fun is going "holy God what is happening!"

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
How long Wolf 1? I got to get through that soon.

reasonably long for a mission-based campaign shooter. i compare it to HL2 -- though it may be a tad shorter in practice.

Jintor

Austin you gotta come in and show Dan a wrestling tabletop game or something

I really think dungeon world would work for Dan

reasonably long for a mission-based campaign shooter. i compare it to HL2 -- though it may be a tad shorter in practice.

Imagine HL2 if you constantly had to mash a key to pick up ammo... can you automatically pick it up in 2? That was probably my biggest barrier to enjoying the first game.

Austin you gotta come in and show Dan a wrestling tabletop game or something

I really think dungeon world would work for Dan

They should do something with OS2's Dungeon Master mode for the tabletop/CRPG double whammy.

Megasoum

Banned
I know I'm obviously super biased but I must say... I'm really enjoying Shadow of War so far. It took me 1-2 hours before it finally clicked (it's a bit intense with all the systems thrown at you at the beginning) but now I'm having a ton of fun.

Jintor

I know I'm obviously super biased but I must say... I'm really enjoying Shadow of War so far. It took me 1-2 hours before it finally clicked (it's a bit intense with all the systems thrown at you at the beginning) but now I'm having a ton of fun.

Theresa a lot of things I don't like at all but also it's fucking addictive and it's great also?!?!?

UPF or Playdate?

Nvm: don't want Cuphead spoiled since my bum ass can't get out of world 1.

Xih6hnS.jpg

Lunar FC

Replaying The New Order for the first time since launch in preparation for Colossus. Don't really get the criticism of the first chapter, seems pretty good to me.

Megasoum

Banned
Replaying The New Order for the first time since launch in preparation for Colossus. Don't really get the criticism of the first chapter, seems pretty good to me.

The whole game is fucking amazing and it's a damn shame that it was snobbed for the GOTY that year.

Mr. F

Banned
IDK why everyone is saying Wolf will be forgotten

If DOOM can place so high, then why not Wolf? Especially if Wolf is as good as it looks.

I hope Wolf does well, I haven't played the first one and likely won't play the new one, but I really appreciate what they go for with their characterizations and storytelling. Pretty fun to watch.

A very dark moment in gb history.

Replaying it on PC is only increasing my thoughts on it. Just blasting fools.

Edit: Though the game calling you a weenie when you quit is kinda lame. :p

If I'm reading this right these are the games that were on the top 10 list in 2014:

Bayonetta 2, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Jazzpunk, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8, Destiny, Middle Earth...

I personally feel like Wolfenstein is better than like 5 of those games. Seems like a lot of personal favorite games got on there which screwed over Wolfenstein.

Lunar FC

If I'm reading this right these are the games that were on the top 10 list in 2014:

Bayonetta 2, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Jazzpunk, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8, Destiny, Middle Earth...

I personally feel like Wolfenstein is better than like 5 of those games. Seems like a lot of personal favorite games got on there which screwed over Wolfenstein.

I may need to re-listen to that goty pod one of these days. Don't even recall if it was in contention for a top 10 spot.

Edit: I've been interested in Astroneer since they first showed it but I feel the urge to wait until it's closer to finished. Don't want to burn out on it like I did with No Man's while it's in a half finished state.

Joeku

If those were a lot of personal picks and big unanimous ones, then that's honestly preferable. What that then means, though, is that they didn't really appreciate TNO for what it was doing at the time. I think the game in general is remembered more fondly now that it was when it came out.

Edit: Lunar, it got kicked off so that a runner up for their Most Disappointing game could make it to number 10.

- J - D -

Who fought for TNO during goty? iirc I wanna say Brad but I'm not sure. Jeff was pretty eh on it, and I think that killed its chances on the top ten.

Lunar FC

If those were a lot of personal picks and big unanimous ones, then that's honestly preferable. What that then means, though, is that they didn't really appreciate TNO for what it was doing at the time. I think the game in general is remembered more fondly now that it was when it came out.

Edit: Lunar, it got kicked off so that a runner up for their Most Disappointing game could make it to number 10.

I'd be mad, but I put 300 hours in Destiny. ☺️

Those were my top 2 games that year.

oti

Banned
Who fought for TNO during goty? iirc I wanna say Brad but I'm not sure. Jeff was pretty eh on it, and I think that killed its chances on the top ten.

Brad fought pretty hard to keep TNO off the list so there would be a free space for Destiny. Alex, Drew and Dan wanted TNO on the list but couldn't fight off Jeff's Anime Betrayal and Vinny's "Brad likes it so it should be on here"-ness. I think Patrick also said something like he hates it but there must be something to it since so many people are addicted to it.

I can't remember if anyone on the staff completed the New Order... Seems like sometimes top 10 is just the 10 games that most of the people actually finished.

daveo42

Banned
Sounds like it's time for a listen to GotY 2014 discussions to remember exactly why TNO got cut from the list. Still surprised that it didn't make the cut while the hottest mess of the year also made it on the top 20 games of the same year. I expect Wolf2 to see a similar fate this time around unless there's major pull be multiple parties for it. I just don't see many going to bat for it if other games are on the line.

killroy87

New Collossus is going to make them look dumber for leaving TNO off the 2014 list, just like Shadow of War is making them look silly for giving Mordor goty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom