• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the ideas, I might check out Adventure Zone. And yeah, as far as my own imagination, I've studied acting hardcore so when it comes to leading people or coming up with scenarios, I should naturally be able to do that(As writing and directing is something I've learned about as well). It should be fun, I imagine.

Right on! Best of luck too!

Start with just a vague outline of a story (and give yourself notes so you don't forget), and let everyone fill it in as you go.

-Everyone meets
-Explore town
-Leave town to head _____
-First encounter

Even just giving yourself prompts helps get an idea of how to start, and then as everyone starts getting into it you can let the group dictate how it goes farther.

qAzXplx.png

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/919332251380285440

Tried to get the MGS 1-IV 800 page art book but it wasn't eligible :p

I THINK I'm gonna Audible myself the Bioshock Infinite art book. Aside from that Zelda one, I can't think of too many other hardcovers I looked at.

There's a couple comic omnibuses I like too but I don't want to waste the trial on a $15 book.

TraBuch

Banned
So I've been building up a jar of coins for a couple years now and I finally decided to cash it so I went to a Coinstar to get an Amazon gift certificate and was expecting two or three hundred and it turns out I had over $700 worth of coins.

Maybe it's time to get a Switch? I dunno. I can say with 100 percent honesty I'm not really interested in anything on the Switch so I'd be buying it just because it's something new.

robotrock

Banned
So I've been building up a jar of coins for a couple years now and I finally decided to cash it so I went to a Coinstar to get an Amazon gift certificate and was expecting two or three hundred and it turns out I had over $700 worth of coins.

Maybe it's time to get a Switch? I dunno. I can say with 100 percent honesty I'm not really interested in anything on the Switch so I'd be buying it just because it's something new.

buy a copy of .hack and give away another 13

Holy shit

Think of all the GB premium you could buy

BHkUUKM.gif

Hang onto it until there's something you want, if you rush to buy something you really don't want you will most likely regret it.

BTA

Regarding podcasts to listen to for DMing, Friends af the Table doesn’t play DND but might be worth a listen to get an idea of how the more collaborative storytelling that Jintor mentioned can work? Their Marielda arc is fantastic, short, can be listened to by itself despite connections to other seasons, and has them playing both a fully collaborative storytelling game (using The Quiet Year) and a more traditional GM led campaign (using Blades in the Dark) so I’d recommend that.

(The real thing I’d recommend for solid GM/roleplaying tips is their Patreon streams that focus on that but you’d have to donate a bit to get access to those.)

I think I'll get a Switch if they release a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch.

They really really should.

I know it sold badly in Japan but I really enjoyed it and that game’s combat and bosses are better than P5’s.

Regarding podcasts to listen to for DMing, Friends af the Table doesn’t play DND but might be worth a listen to get an idea of how the more collaborative storytelling that Jintor mentioned can work? Their Marielda arc is fantastic, short, can be listened to by itself despite connections to other seasons, and has them playing both a fully collaborative storytelling game (using The Quiet Year) and a more traditional GM led campaign (using Blades in the Dark) so I’d recommend that.

(The real thing I’d recommend for solid GM/roleplaying tips is their Patreon streams that focus on that but you’d have to donate a bit to get access to those.)

Oh yeah, Friends at the Table. But that does seem alot more collaborative. We're going for a vanilla DND experience @_@ An adventure. We ended up getting a mat, I'm going to be the one mainly reading the how to play stuff and engraining it, and then easing them into it(They have their character sheets to study lol).

LiK

Finished the Bombcast and this might be one of my fave email segments. Good questions and good answers. Nice to know Jeff has access to those hard to find video features from the old GS days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom