• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerokis

The one torture scene in TNO literally does provide good information and doesn't show you (or really present at all) any torture. The threat of torture gives you good information in Wolfenstein and that's genuinely factual, if not maybe uncomfortable for some.

So, you're wrong, unfortunately. In some media torturing nazis can produce positive results.

...that's his point, though? If TNO's torture scene didn't provide good information, it'd be less problematic in the sense that Technomancer is talking about.

I want cuphead

Same. Been awhile since a game being inaccessible to me felt this torturous. No X1, and I doubt a mid-high range laptop from 2012 can run it well.

Joeku

...that's his point, though? If TNO's torture scene didn't provide good information, it'd be less problematic in the sense that Technomancer is talking about.

Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding his post, no, it literally did tell them to go to Eisenwald, which the characters did, and rescued the person you saved in the prologue, who took you to the Resistance.

bomma_man

Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding his post, no, it literally did tell them to go to Eisenwald, which the characters did, and rescued the person you saved in the prologue, who took you to the Resistance.

He’s saying it’s bad that it reinforces the idea that torture is useful, when studies show that it is not.

Strax

The movie really doesn't try to humanize them too much. There are two prominent characters who are nazis in the movie (not counting Hitler or Goebbels) and both of them are very reprehensible and hateful. There's a good reason that Christoph Waltz became famous off this -- he was a fucking fantastic antagonist.

And no, there is no "painting a people as all the same is bad" message. The movie doesn't judge Germans, it judges nazis. There are scenes where they are not entirely terrible, but yet they are nazis and they die. Like other Tarantino stuff, it has some exploitation roots where death is a stylistic choice to resolve things that may not have needed it. It just plays really well in this film.

Movie also has one of best openings in the history of film.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day for me. Since I'm on holiday for switching places and shit, I decided a few days ago to return back to Kuwait, visit the family and stay there for a bit before coming back here again in December. Excited but not looking forward to the flights, thank god for the Switch. On another note, The Evil Within 2 has been available for purchase there since Sunday. If there's one thing I miss the most besides family shit is that I always got games days/weeks before they officially release. I am certainly not looking forward to shitty internet though but eh, it is what it is.

Finally, I'm back! met and caught up with the family for a few days while setting up my home internet. What a fantastic holiday that was, I got enough positivity in me to last me a decade. I'll be doing some visa paperwork here now(extend it) before traveling again to the UK sometime around December.

Caught up with GB stuff as well, I still dislike Jackbox appearing on UPF and Vinny owning in Cuphead made me unbelievably happy, that was damn good. Got me The Evil Within 2(I loved the first one, flaws and all)as well but haven't tried it yet as I was busy adjusting my stuff and setting up the internet. I did however continue with Crash Warped yesterday since it was the only one I haven't beat yet in the remastered collection. I finally did!

UCY0wKl.jpg

RqqtC0e.jpg

76HpmMU.jpg

They are beautiful and wonderful remasters of the old games, the collection is definitely in my top 10. Also, I'm sad I missed the Silent Hill talk so I'm just going to say once again that Silent Hill 2 is still the best survival/psychological horror game ever made.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
But even when you're torturing them, you're not getting good information. Because we know that torture doesn't provide good information. That's all I'm trying to say

Zero Dark Thirty and it's handling of torture is why I couldn't take it so seriously.
It becomes a plot device; normalizing said behavior.

oti

Banned
I should mention I got my hands on a snes mini

Should I:
Keep it
Flip it
Emulate mod it

At least when it comes to Germany prices are pretty much not worth re-selling. Nintendo wasn't lying, getting one is surprisingly easy and cheap. Which is how it should be.

I'd say just use it or play around with it.

Zero Dark Thirty and it's handling of torture is why I couldn't take it so seriously.
It becomes a plot device; normalizing said behavior.

It's been a while so I may be off but wasn't the whole point of that movie that they'd been sitting on the pertinent intelligence all along but were too busy torturing people to notice?

Wunder

jesus christ theres a literal ring of where you can use the arc thrower and run and gun specifically says it can't use items. Oh my god

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking.

At least he's honest sometimes lmao.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Cuphead looks incredibly boring to play.

Also hi
Also also somebody hold me cause I hate yesterday's voting results in Austria.

oti

Banned
Cuphead looks incredibly boring to play.

Also hi
Also also somebody hold me cause I hate yesterday's voting results in Austria.

Österreich what is you doing.

I didn't expect any different from Austria, to be honest.

Only 11 days to go until unlimited joy and fun though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I don't get why those "people play scary games" videos are that big.
Having watched the three episodes on GB so far, horror games are incredibly boring to watch. It's like watching a horror movie with no characters and only jump scares.
Kudos to Vinny and especially Abby for still making it enjoyable tho

Österreich what is you doing.

Doing what we do best.

I've enjoyed two horror let's play, both of games I had finished.

Day 9's Amnesia run because it revealed him to be a big scaredy cat and was enjoyable to watch him experience the terror that I had previously

Bobio's Soma run because it was interesting to hear Bob's reactions as he discovered the true grim situations that Simon encounters as the game progresses. I believe he's a gaffer iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom