• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I think I may be able to get Spectrum internet i my area now.

I may go from 10mbps to 100-300mbps internet

pls pray for me ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

8pUDQnd.png

envbhuV.png

8Z0EerB.png

Looking forward to it.

Harpuia

For some-odd reason, they love adding like a couple of extra dollars or so every time they bill me. It's usually under "Other Charges".

Otherwise, the service is pretty solid. I want to say they also charge you more if you want wifi, but I have a separate router that I use/ already set up.

For some-odd reason, they love adding like a couple of extra dollars or so every time they bill me. It's usually under "Other Charges".

Otherwise, the service is pretty solid. I want to say they also charge you more if you want wifi, but I have a separate router that I use/ already set up.

All companies love to add charges. The thing is, I'm with CenturyLink right now and the latest bill was $230 for non-HD TV, phone, and 10mb down and 750kb up internet. It's practically extortion.

If the bill with Spectrum comes even close to that, at least I will be getting 100x better service

Tagyhag

While others have had problems with TWC, thankfully we've been ok. No caps for a decent price as well.

Hopefully you won't have a problem either! Enjoy downloading anything just because you can!

daveo42

Banned
UPF felt like it was going to be real good...and then Gold Rush got cut short (I thought they usually played the games first before showing them on a show?) and a very meh looking Jack Box. Would have loved to hear Jeff's thoughts on GT Sport. Sucks it wasn't working.

freetacos

Anything where they watch something game-related (game tapes, e3 conferences, demo derby, etc) and talk over it is amazing, and they should do a lot more of that.

daveo42

Banned
XCorps was good this week. I think a bit too cautions considering where they are in the story, but it worked out well. Vinny is still pushing hard on what people should do and giving more advice than he originally said he would give. Not that I mind, but them (or at least Vinny) having a firm grasp on the tooltips would be welcome.

oti

Banned
and then they'll ignore it because the more people want them to do something the less compelled they are to do it
Pretty much. GB is like Nintendo at times. We could come up with a dozen good content ideas and they wouldn't even consider doing them. Because reasons. 🤷*♂️

Vinny trying to desribe what D&D is to Dan using the most belabored wrestling analogy of all time is one of the worst things I've heard in my life. It's also very telling that Dan can't even conceive of the idea of a game you play together that doesn't have a winner at the end.

BiggNife

Any idea what happened to the Hat in Time QL that was pulled from the queue? Did they decide to not give the game press because of the jontron thing or was it just a video issue?

Meguro

Banned
Looking at the South Park review thread has made me reaffirm my stance that South Park fans are the most special snowflakes of them all.

BTA

Oh, hmm. I never actually did watch them play Until Dawn so that’s probably gonna be interesting to see. Still haven’t finished watching the 3rd SCF though because it’s slow and sorta hard to see the what’s happening in it. Maybe they shouldn’t have picked the game that was seemingly made just to promote Portal 2’s ARG or whatever.

the sixth probably won’t be ANATOMY like I’m hoping will it; it’s probably just RE7...

Looking at the South Park review thread has made me reaffirm my stance that South Park fans are the most special snowflakes of them all.

Yup.

I need to stop looking at review threads because people saying gross things over slightly worse scores makes my blood boil, and South Park especially already puts me in a bad mood, so...

Crusader Kings 2 would be a good Exquisite game, but they'd need someone like Austin to sherpa them through the gameplay, 'cause I don't think anyone on staff has experience with that genre. Like, they're struggling with one of the most approachable strategy games ever released, so I can't imagine how Paradox UI would appear to them.

Divinity: Original Sin 1 or 2 would also be good ones, but suffer from the same problem.

Mount&Blade or Overgrowth would also be interesting, but I think the former is too dated and the latter is too short (in terms of campaign). If Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord somehow releases this year, that would be the game.

Civilization 5 could work, with Alex in the Commander role. But choosing a difficulty/map setting that gives the campaign some tension between players would be tough.
Even though Dan likes to say he's not competitive, he likes to make every game competitive to make it more "fun."

It seems like Dan likes to make others lose. He's not there for the win so much as the frustration the failure to win causes (in others).

See also: XCORPS, Mario Party Party, Dan talking about playing co-op games with others, Murder Island, and probably more.
Nobody Wins™

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I completely forgot Elex is coming out tomorrow.
I would really love another good Piranha Bytes game. But Gothic 2 was a long time ago and I didn't enjoy anything else they did since then

Crusader Kings 2 would be a good Exquisite game, but they'd need someone like Austin to sherpa them through the gameplay, 'cause I don't think anyone on staff has experience with that genre. Like, they're struggling with one of the most approachable strategy games ever released, so I can't imagine how Paradox UI would appear to them.

Paradox games wouldn't really work for this. Even beyond the actual issue that they wouldn't be able to wrap their heads around it, you'd need a group to talk because most of the time nothing exciting will be going on screen. Crusader Kings doesn't make good video in general anyway, it's something better consumed through AARs and such.

Did you guys know that after EGM stop publishing in January 2009, they switched subscribers to a Maxim subscription. I have 4 issues of Maxim here lol.

They could totally do a feature with Civilization.

Dan, Alex and Abby (and Jeff if he's down for it) all play in a game of Civ. Vinny is the host. Vinny is in communication with all three (or four) players. The players are not in communication with each other. Example:

Turn 1: Alex. Vinny and Alex are talking together about Alex's possible actions, and what strategies he wants to elaborate. Alex plays his turn.

Turn 2: Abby. At this moment, Alex is cut off from communication. Only Abby and Vinny are talking. Same deal. Abby plays her turn.

Turn 3: Dan. Same deal. Abby is cut off from communication; only Vinny and Dan can be heard talking to each other.

This feature could actually be easy to produce because, unless I am mistaken, Civ allows for spectators. So every person in the feature can play the game from their house, and they would be chatting through Skype or some other service. Only Vinny would be at the office, because he would need the capture equipment to record the video.

The only caveat is that this would be a competitive feature, so Vinny would have to swear not taking a side, and dutifully help every participant. Every video lasts X number of turns.

Other idea: they somehow go to the trouble of getting one helper for each participant. For example:

Team 1: Abby and Vinny
Team 2: Dan and Jason (or Brad)
Team 3: Alex and Jeff (Bakalar or Gerstmann)

When a team plays their turn, they are the one at the mic.

Though this idea would require a seventh person to spectate and record the game, which might make it too demanding production-wise.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They could totally do a feature with Civilization.

Dan, Alex and Abby (and Jeff if he's down for it) all play in a game of Civ. Vinny is the host. Vinny is in communication with all three (or four) players. The players are not in communication with each other. Example:

Turn 1: Alex. Vinny and Alex are talking together about Alex's possible actions, and what strategies he wants to elaborate. Alex plays his turn.

Turn 2: Abby. At this moment, Alex is cut off from communication. Only Abby and Vinny are talking. Same deal. Abby plays her turn.

Turn 3: Dan. Same deal. Abby is cut off from communication; only Vinny and Dan can be heard talking to each other.

This feature could actually be easy to produce because, unless I am mistaken, Civ allows for spectators. So every person in the feature can play the game from their house, and they would be chatting through Skype or some other service. Only Vinny would be at the office, because he would need the capture equipment to record the video.

The only caveat is that this would be a competitive feature, so Vinny would have to swear not taking a side, and dutifully help every participant. Every video lasts X number of turns.

Other idea: they somehow go to the trouble of getting one helper for each participant. For example:

Team 1: Abby and Vinny
Team 2: Dan and Jason (or Brad)
Team 3: Alex and Jeff (Bakalar or Gerstmann)

When a team plays their turn, they are the one at the mic.

Though this idea would require a seventh person to spectate and record the game, which might make it too demanding production-wise.

Some of the early turns in Civ take literally seconds while some of the later take minutes. I played like 500 hours of Civ V but Civ is not an interesting game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom