• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagyhag

No matter what they choose, I do hope that Steal my Sunshine or XCorps continue with other games.

The concepts of both those shows are too good to have them be one-off things. And it guarantees months of content.

LiK

The email segment on the most recent Beastcast was the most boring cookiecutter questions in a while. Thankfully, they managed to formulate some interesting answers.

hmEfZXs.png

Niceeee more #oldgames hopefully

Damn good stuff. Good to know that it's safe enough around there for Jeff to stream.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The email segment on the most recent Beastcast was the most boring cookiecutter questions in a while. Thankfully, they managed to formulate some interesting answers.

I've been skipping most Beastcast emails lately. Most of them are just really, really bad.
I don't know why they pick stuff like "Can you recommend me a coop game?" or "Should I move out from my parent's house?".
It's too bad that Emails are a huge part of the Beastcast, I wish they traded them in for a bit more in-depth discussion about what they played.

No matter what they choose, I do hope that Steal my Sunshine or XCorps continue with other games.

The concepts of both those shows are too good to have them be one-off things. And it guarantees months of content.

The smart thing to do would be to use the gumball machine for a 120-star Mario 64 playthrough

Steal My Sunshine is the best thing on the site at the moment, so I'll be damned if they don't make a sequel feature to it with Super Mario 64.

LiK

I've been skipping most Beastcast emails lately. Most of them are just really, really bad.
I don't know why they pick stuff like "Can you recommend me a coop game?" or "Should I move out from my parent's house?".
It's too bad that Emails are a huge part of the Beastcast, I wish they traded them in for a bit more in-depth discussion about what they played.

The first question was "What should I play with my SO?" So yea.

Did you guys know that after EGM stop publishing in January 2009, they switched subscribers to a Maxim subscription. I have 4 issues of Maxim here lol.

I absolutely remember that, as I had very recently re-upped my EGM subscription and my parents thought I was a perv when I suddenly started getting Maxim every month lol.

Mr. F

Banned

It's bad but I'm willing to cut it some slack as we're still in the post-'how do you deal with depression' era

That's exactly what I would want next.

But if they're burned out of Mario for a while, especially with Odyssey coming, I would understand.

They should take a break after Sunshine. Bring back Blue Bombin'. Get Alex to play through Mega Man Legends. The game actually takes shorter to beat than some of the regular Mega Man games, lol.

I enjoy the emails segment but I do wish they would talk more about what they have been playing. That's usually my favorite bombcast segment as well.

Salarians

email concept: if a Dan clone armed with a knife fought a Dan clone armed with a bat, who would win?

email concept: if pickle Dan materialized in our reality, would Dan eat him?

email concept: why does Abby hate stories in games?

pizzacat

Banned
I now have all the advice I need in life from the beastcast

I'm getting into the industry!

I enjoy the emails segment but I do wish they would talk more about what they have been playing. That's usually my favorite bombcast segment as well.

I completely agree, Its the reason I stopped listening to the Beastcast. It turned into a comedy podcast and they barely talk about games. I wish they would stop emails all together. Once every in a while there is a good question, but honestly it's not worth it usually.

Harpuia

SMS Format but with either Banjo Kazooie or Tooie.

Getting the pieces in those games are esoteric enough to make it interesting.

Any time someone writes in with a life-advice question I usually skip it immediately. I just wonder if people listen and follow Giant Bomb for so long they get this idea that the crew are like "internet buddies" who they can reach out advice, which comes across as kind of creepy at times.

Also skip "would you rathers." They're not funny. They never are. They never were.

daveo42

Banned
New This Is The Run would be great if they had a 4-player game they could do it with. Part of the fun of SMS is it brings the whole group together. I could also see them doing another SMS-style thing with gambling included, though I more except Dan might have some other thing brewing for the group to do at East.

Hopefully we'll get some group stuff for Extra Life. It's gonna be weird without Drew there to stream.

Harpuia

nothing could make Rare 3D platformers interesting

unless of course you're able to craft your own vehicles

First Banjo game is competent, DK64 is an awful game, and Tooie definitely was not to everyone's taste...I thought they were OK.

I didn't really like Nuts&Bolts a whole lot. It's OK, I guess.

It's actually surprising that Dan isn't an ardent defender of those games. They seem right up his alley along with liking Mario Party and SMS.

Megasoum

Banned
New This Is The Run would be great if they had a 4-player game they could do it with. Part of the fun of SMS is it brings the whole group together. I could also see them doing another SMS-style thing with gambling included, though I more except Dan might have some other thing brewing for the group to do at East.

Hopefully we'll get some group stuff for Extra Life. It's gonna be weird without Drew there to stream.

4 players co-op that last super hard level from Mario 3D World.

LiK

It's bad but I'm willing to cut it some slack as we're still in the post-'how do you deal with depression' era

I completely agree, Its the reason I stopped listening to the Beastcast. It turned into a comedy podcast and they barely talk about games. I wish they would stop emails all together. Once every in a while there is a good question, but honestly it's not worth it usually.

Any time someone writes in with a life-advice question I usually skip it immediately. I just wonder if people listen and follow Giant Bomb for so long they get this idea that the crew are like "internet buddies" who they can reach out advice, which comes across as kind of creepy at times.

Also skip "would you rathers." They're not funny. They never are. They never were.

Well, glad I'm not alone in this.

This is the Run:
Spelunky

Does anyone here listen to the postcard segment on the Beastcast? I've skipped it everytime, but was curious if it's interesting or anything more than just reading postcards...

robotrock

Banned
This is the Run: Through the Fire and Flames Expert mode

all four members of the GBeast team play through only this song in Rock Band for every episode until they all reach 100%

Does anyone here listen to the postcard segment on the Beastcast? I've skipped it everytime, but was curious if it's interesting or anything more than just reading postcards...

I leave it running but don't listen too closely, it's decent background noise. They still banter and joke around a bit between the messages.

Linkin112

I normally do just due to the fact I listen to all my podcasts at work and the longer the podcast, the better.

I've recently been going back to 2013 Bombcasts and I really miss the laidback attitude they had back then. They spend a good amount of time talking about games and then just shooting the shit about random subjects before doing like 20-30 minutes of emails near the end. Now the Bombcasts are more structured and it seems Brad tries to snip tangents off if they go for too long. Also made me realize I preferred Bombcast Vinny to Beastcast Host Vinny by a mile.

THE UPDATE NO ONE ASKED FOR: Karspankey's Internet

Just confirmed my appointment with Spectrum. The guy I talked to, Stanley, was amazingly good at his job. Saved me some money!

Anyways, I'm making a big stink about upgrading my internet because when I first moved to where I am a year ago, I made an appointment with Time Warner and it took three weeks for them to come out. The day of, the technician arrived and said "yeah we don't cover your home" and left

My mouth was left hanging open.

My dreams of 300mb down and 20mb up were gone

I talked with Stanley and he checked my area on their map and said that they serviced the area earlier this year which lines up with me seeing Spectrum trucks in my area a while ago. He even called a technician in my area and he said that they are 99.99% sure we are gucci

Please, Spectrum. Save me from this 10mb down, 750kb/s up hell

THE UPDATE NO ONE ASKED FOR: Karspankey's Internet

Just confirmed my appointment with Spectrum. The guy I talked to, Stanley, was amazingly good at his job. Saved me some money!

Anyways, I'm making a big stink about upgrading my internet because when I first moved to where I am a year ago, I made an appointment with Time Warner and it took three weeks for them to come out. The day of, the technician arrived and said "yeah we don't cover your home" and left

My mouth was left hanging open.

My dreams of 300mb down and 20mb up were gone

I talked with Stanley and he checked my area on their map and said that they serviced the area earlier this year which lines up with me seeing Spectrum trucks in my area a while ago. He even called a technician in my area and he said that they are 99.99% sure we are gucci

Please, Spectrum. Save me from this 10mb down, 750kb/s up hell

You are gonna love your new internet haha. Made a similar upgrade when I moved out from my parents and holy crap it made such a big difference.

Funny enough my parents had CenturyLink. Online gaming was rough lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom