• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think GAF is

A place where you can share opinions, knowledge in between all the shitposting in a non limiting matter. More importantly it's where you get fast, up to speed updates on the games you follow or the game industry in general. That's what I think GAF is which is nothing like "social media apps" where commonly you'd find people wanting validation rather than having interesting conversations but then again, having a limit on what you could say just ruins any chances of having an interesting conversation so who gives a shit anyway.

Amiga CDTV Quickies: Advanced Military Systems, Lemmings (Stream Archive, 07/13/2017)
59QlANg.jpg

Dumping some CDTV discs for safekeeping over here. So here's Advanced Military Systems and Lemmings. Also a little bonus Terminator 2 for the Amiga?

oti

Banned
OK, anime people. I've got a question for you.

In the podcast they talked about how Castlevania had the Western Anime look or something. What does that mean? Can one distinguish Japanese and Western anime by its look? Is it that distinct?

Lunar FC

I'm an idiot and just considered cashing out for a Ford GT40 Mark II in Forza Horizon 3 since I wasn't close to having the in-game money for it and it being my favorite car of all time. I check the prices for their paid currency and it would of costed me ~$70. 😂

OK, anime people. I've got a question for you.

In the podcast they talked about how Castlevania had the Western Anime look or something. What does that mean? Can one distinguish Japanese and Western anime by its look? Is it that distinct?
The animation differences is noticeable.

Mechazawa

How so? Is it worse? Better? Smoother? I'm thinking about getting Netflix to check it out.

They just mean that it's drawn in a way that evokes anime, but the artstyle is aimed at westerners. The same way you're not going to confuse anime from the 80's with anime from today, you're also not going to confuse Netflix Castlevania as something that's intended predominantly for a Japanese audience. You see that "style" a bunch in straight-to-dvd movies and occasionally cartoons with decent budgets.

The thing, though, is that you usually see that style because the animation generally gets outsourced to Korea or Japan, whereas I'm pretty sure Castlevania was drawn in the west.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't know what's up with Overcast. Such a great podcast player, but for some reason I always get premium versions of GB podcasts with a few minute/hour lag.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A lot of that is RSS feeds populating as well. There's a lag on that.
I guess there's no way to manually do anything about it on the client's end?
I remember asking Jeff about it on his tumblr and he replied saying that they're uploading both podcasts at the same time, so any problems are on the user's app end.

I would watch a playthrough of Sunshine from GBEast.

Has everyone on the team played Paper Mario? If Abby hasn't, I would watch the fuck out of her playthrough.

Hasney

I guess there's no way to manually do anything about it on the client's end?
I remember asking Jeff about it on his tumblr and he replied saying that they're uploading both podcasts at the same time, so any problems are on the user's app end.

Not really. I use the standard feeds and they show up anywhere from 5 mins to an hour later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom