• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
A launch of a game in retail (physical and digital) is different from an EA launch. How is that not clear? One is done for launch, the other is by definition not done. Of course both games receive updates after launch.
So now it's about a retail version? A lot of games don't even get that anymore and we have early access games with retail versions like Paragon:
51B3rvdNo7L.jpg

"Done" doesn't exist anymore.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well that's the whole issue. How do you decide when it it eligible without silly arbitrary judgements that will devolve into the same bad argument over every EA good game every year? The current rule is the best solution to this.

By making silly arbitrary judgements.

Can I introduce you to giantbomb's goty?

They tried to give best story to mortal kombat at some point.

Welcome to GBs goty

Where the laughs ate endless and the rules dont matter

Thats right, the rules are as good as setting up a bdsm session with no restriction

Eh, they actually stick to their rules pretty well. Jeff usually shuts down attempts to subvert them.

By making silly arbitary judgements.

Can I introduce you to giantbomb's goty?

They tried to argue mortal kombat for having the best story at some point.
That's not really what I'm talking about.

imBask

Banned
tbh I feel like this debate is more about people being sick of hearing about PUBG than it is about rules.

Buncha

H
E
R
S

bigkrev

The argument made was that Early Access now means something different than it did in 2014. Something like "It used to be for people who didn't have money to make a game to hope for the best" to now "it's used for refining games". They cite Dead Cells, PUBG and Fire Pro Wrestling as basically being complete, great expereinces even in the Early Access state, and Alex laments that Darkest Dungeon was one of his most played and favorite games in 2015, but because it didn't "launch" till 2016 and the fact that he played the hell out of the game the year before, it never had a GOTY chance

Other possible names for the apparent Super Mario Sunshine stream...

“Sunny Afternoon”
“Here Comes the Sun”
“Walking on Sunshine”

OR

"Better Call Sol"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I got super excited for a second, thinking this is Episode 2 of The Fall. You know, the episodic game? First episode came out in 1797 I think?

Wait, that still haven't had the 2nd episode yet?

I just heard Vinny arguing for it for 2014 best story and he said something to the effect of "Really looking forward to see what comes next".

oti

Banned
So now it's about a retail version? A lot of games don't even get that anymore and we have early access games with retail versions like Paragon:

"Done" doesn't exist anymore.

Oh come on now. I'm perfectly clear with what I'm saying. If you don't believe there's a difference there, fine. But it's not how it works.

If you don't think there's a difference between "hey so here's this game we're working on it could explode any minute hehe and half the content is missing okay?" and "this is the launch of this live service game that will evolve over time" there's nothing really to discuss here anymore.

This is pointless.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Well that's the whole issue. How do you decide when it it eligible without silly arbitrary judgements that will devolve into the same bad argument over every EA good game every year? The current rule is the best solution to this.
As soon as it's considered for GOTY in it's respective year it's no longer eligible for future GOTY awards.

Boom done

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, that still haven't had the 2nd episode yet?

I just heard Vinny arguing for it for 2014 best story and he said something to the effect of "Really looking forward to see what comes next".
It'll come out after the next chapter of Kentucky Route Zero!

Abby just joined and is already calling her boss a baldy to his face.

abVPHil.gif

the terminator game he played was nuts
and bad

It was amazing.
Calling it "Western anime" is silly considering we got stuff like Vampire Hunter D and Berserk decades earlier that is of a similar realistic art style.

To be honest though, Berserk and especially Vampire Hunter D looks like pure insanity.
Steal My Sunshine - Episode 01
PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON JUL 14, 2017 02:00 PM

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

It's Bring Your B-Game just renamed.

Wunder

I wonder if Alex is gonna play the new Darkest Dungeon DLC, started a new game with all the updates to it and been having a blast.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If Battlegrounds goes first person only are we going to have to pretend like it's not a terrible FPS the way everybody pretends it's not a bad game?

imBask

Banned
They also had first person in DayZ and nobody played that because it's stupid and bad. They're adding it because a vocal minority is being annoying but it'll be forgotten real fast, i'm not too worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom