• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take: there is something to like in all Final Fantasies (even if the first three are too old school for me) and none of them are objectively terrible.

Joeku

YEP!

I was playing TLOU today and he voices random NPCs throughout and I can hear him every single time.

Even the few times he doesn't play to type (like that really Japanese gay stereotype in Gurren Lagann) it is still so clearly Steve Blum.

Hot take: there is something to like in all Final Fantasies (even if the first three are too old school for me) and none of them are objectively terrible.

FFXV is objectively terrible. The only positive I can think of are some of the combat animation which totally ruin the flow of the real time combat.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I like that there's nothing that will ever force me to touch Final Fantasy 8.

That's a plus, I guess.

Joeku

Flash show has been in freefall, severely.

Wentworth Miller was the best part of it before he left for that other show, though.

Edit: okay, at least he knows Wentworth is the shit.

danm999

I was surprised I actually like the open world loop in FFXV. Wasn't expecting that.

The story is legit terrible. Picked up the Zodiac Age this week, looking to enjoy when storytelling, dialogue and characters were actually still a craft for FF.

Also; I've maxed out every driver in Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire. Am I done; can I go see my family now?

Is that the real Terry Crews?

Flash show has been in freefall, severely.

Wentworth Miller was the best part of it before he left for that other show, though.

Edit: okay, at least he knows Wentworth is the shit.

There were some bumps and episodes airing later than they should have but I still love it

Joeku

I was surprised I actually like the open world loop in FFXV. Wasn't expecting that.

The story is legit terrible. Picked up the Zodiac Age this week, looking to enjoy when storytelling, dialogue and characters were actually still a craft for FF.

Also; I've maxed out every driver in Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire. Am I done; can I go see my family now?

FFXV has a lot of baffling stuff in it, but I think the weird camping with your buds loop is actually a really neat idea that has no fucking place in a Final Fantasy game.

Edit: Sorry, Odysseus, but this last season was roooooough. Should have packed everything it had into half as many episodes each with twice the budget and it could have been way better. The Flash was one of the last few network shows I could handle but it has pretty much lost me.

danm999

FFXV has a lot of baffling stuff in it, but I think the weird camping with your buds loop is actually a really neat idea that has no fucking place in a Final Fantasy game.

Yep, and it short of has its legs knocked out from under it given the second half of the game is totally on rails.

Mission choice wasn't my decision, we just tried to come up with what might be interesting for the stream. I realize it's a little weird to do a boss from so long ago but all the other good ones are locked by archwing or grind points (Jordas, Tyl Regor, Ambulas, Kela were my first choices).

Those are interesting picks but it was more going that far of a boss.

Then as you said other bosses will be behind planets that Rorie might not have unlocked.

Edit: Sorry, Odysseus, but this last season was roooooough. Should have packed everything it had into half as many episodes each with twice the budget and it could have been way better. The Flash was one of the last few network shows I could handle but it has pretty much lost me.

Why do you think it has no place despite being neat?

Joeku

...I've owned this game for years. I should probably play it.

Edit: Yep, just found it. Got it for $7 in a FutureShop clearance sale. Shrink-wrapped.

Nerokis

Whoaaa. I wasn't expecting Alex to bring up the Czech Republic, or the bone church at Kutna Hora. I was just there!

Also, the Sunshine stream was great. Dan's laugh continues to be infectious (particularly when it's directed at the misfortune of others), it was cool watching Abby and Vinny gradually get into the game, and Alex's misery rounded everything out nicely. Hopefully they don't take too long to get around to part 2.

6zdlwWe.png

:(

tesqui

From what I've played of End is Nigh it seems like a really good tightly controlled challenging platformer. There's a pretty big emphasis on secret out of bounds locations that they skipped a lot of. I think that's a pretty significant part of the fun.

They sure did make it seem boring though.

Wunder

From what I've played of End is Nigh it seems like a really good tightly controlled challenging platformer. There's a pretty big emphasis on secret out of bounds locations that they skipped a lot of. I think that's a pretty significant part of the fun.

They sure did make it seem boring though.

grabbing the tumor collectibles seems fun but the out of bounds secret rooms seem frustrating as hell to test for, like you're just looking for bits of the levels that aren't covered and you have to use trial and error to see if you can somehow reach that area

tesqui

grabbing the tumor collectibles seems fun but the out of bounds secret rooms seem frustrating as hell to test for, like you're just looking for bits of the levels that aren't covered and you have to use trial and error to see if you can somehow reach that area

From what I've played (I've only played like 2 hours) most of them are pretty obvious mario style jump above the ceiling type of thing. There are some that are invisible walls and moving walls as well. I can see how that can be not fun if you're not into that.

I'm not going for all the secrets, but if something seems off I definitely try and see. I personally just find hidden areas really appealing in games.

Scizzy

My favorite Giant Bomb theory will always be that Jeff is secretly becoming a DOTA master in his spare time just to crush Brad once and for all.

paul187

Also, the Sunshine stream was great. Dan's laugh continues to be infectious (particularly when it's directed at the misfortune of others), it was cool watching Abby and Vinny gradually get into the game, and Alex's misery rounded everything out nicely. Hopefully they don't take too long to get around to part 2.

Is there a link for this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom