• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
h6APWlL.png
Now THAT's millennial culture

Post-apocalyptic =/= zombies.

I love post-apocalyptic settings but I fucking hate anything that is zombie focused.

I'm mostly with you but there's just a little something that has me still interested in Days Gone. Hoping the next trailed can be more story focused to see if that sticks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just kinda want a good, long, roadtrip open world game man.

FFXV gets so close. Truck simulator scratches that itch but I kinda want more character than it provides.

Watching UPF, and one thing that jumped out as me was how the guys often fall onto the crutch of using "It's Just More X." in a derisive matter.

Brad used it discussing The End is Nigh in comparison to Super Meat Boy, and it was also used recently for Persona 5 to 4 among many other games. I can understand if you're talking about a yearly series how the repetition might get old, but there was seven years between The End is Nigh and Super Meat Boy, and nine between Persona 5 and 4. I think it's okay to dip back into that well again.

And I loved Super Meat Boy and Persona 4, why would I not want more of them? It's like saying Super Mario World was just more Super Mario Bros. 3. It was, and it was awesome.

Watching UPF, and one thing that jumped out as me was how the guys often fall onto the crutch of using "It's Just More X." in a derisive matter.

Brad used it discussing The End is Nigh in comparison to Super Meat Boy, and it was also used recently for Persona 5 to 4 among many other games. I can understand if you're talking about a yearly series how the repetition might get old, but there was seven years between The End is Nigh and Super Meat Boy, and nine between Persona 5 and 4. I think it's okay to dip back into that well again.

And I loved Super Meat Boy and Persona 4, why would I not want more of them? It's like saying Super Mario World was just more Super Mario Bros. 3. It was, and it was awesome.

It's the "friends of the genre will like this game" form of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom