• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on Bastion. It's kind of just a dumb hack and slash with a gimmicky narrator. Transistor is way better in basically every conceivable way, but the press that loves the mediocre Bastion seemed to turn up their collective nose at Transistor.

Also Pyre seems completely uninteresting.

Bastion had way more variety, better pacing, and more emotional impact than Transistor. Transistor has some genius ideas (so does Bastion) but the "let's make our story intentionally obtuse and only told through item descriptions" thing didn't work for me in Souls and it didn't work for me in Transistor either.

Salarians

I've seen videos but I'm still not sure I have a grasp on what Pyre actually is

also, no TWAU season 2 is a real fucking bummer but I'm not sure I trust Telltale to do it well, so maybe this is for the best

pizzacat

Banned
I mean yes.

Evo is fun.

Fighting games.

Are.

Great.

I just wish I have the time for them. ;_;
Make the time? I don't really even watch gb content, but the podcasts are prime grinding material when I don't understand a concept yet. Schedule is a bitch sometimes for me but I've gotten 70+ hours in tekken 7 (and still suck mega ass) but it's so great

First tekken too

Also trying to jump into p4u again ever since that announcement of BB cross

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I work so late nowadays I don't really want to play a game where I have to study it beyond just playing in matches. I get too hardcore about fighters once I get into them. I don't even want to play games most days just from tiredness.

Which is why I'm looking forward to splatoon 2 a lot.

pizzacat

Banned
Eh, I work so late nowadays I don't really want to play a game where I have to study it beyond just playing in matches. I get too hardcore about fighters once I get into them. I don't even want to play games most days just from tiredness.

Which is why I'm looking forward to splatoon 2 a lot.
Im looking into investing in some silent buttons because prime time is around 1am

I love the sounds but whenever someone is over and my tv is right next to my bed Im waking them up with even the slightest taps

Sleeping is overrated compared to beating someone down

it's almost like the game got too far away from the purity of the original game's platforming
Yeah, I mean call me crazy but I liked Crash 1 the best.

The difficulty drove me mad at times but it was by far the most rewarding game.

Crash 2 added the jetpack levels and the animal riding levels. The Jetpack controlled like garbage too.

Crash 3 added these fucking horrible motorcycle levels (felt like I was driving a tank) and the underwater levels (fine) and jet ski (meh) and the air fights (serviceable)

And I gotta say they most likely focus tested because the bosses in 2 and 3 are so easy compared to 1.

And 3 gave me so many powerups, I felt unstoppable in the final stages of Warped.

So deep dive, I'd rank them in order of release.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Cortex Strikes Back
3. Warped

So that concludes my thoughts on Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.

Yeah, I mean call me crazy but I liked Crash 1 the best.

The difficulty drove me mad at times but it was by far the most rewarding game.

Crash 2 added the jetpack levels and the animal riding levels. The Jetpack controlled like garbage too.

Crash 3 added these fucking horrible motorcycle levels (felt like I was driving a tank) and the underwater levels (fine) and jet ski (meh) and the air fights (serviceable)

And I gotta say they most likely focus tested because the bosses in 2 and 3 are so easy compared to 1.

And 3 gave me so many powerups, I felt unstoppable in the final stages of Warped.

So deep dive, I'd rank them in order of release.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Cortex Strikes Back
3. Warped

So that concludes my thoughts on Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.

I'm soon reaching the point in my thread where I talk about Crash Bandicoot, but pretty much. As it stands in N. Sane Trilogy, Crash 1 is best thanks to the improvements made. If this were the PSX games we were talking about, though, I'd probably give it to 2.

All these years later, I still don't really get why people gushed so much about Bastion. It's a fine game, but nothing super special. It doesn't make sense why the GB crew was so quick to drop Renegade Ops during GOTY 2011 but gave Bastion a top 10 spot even though to me they seem so incredibly similar in terms of depth.

Agreed on Bastion. It's kind of just a dumb hack and slash with a gimmicky narrator. Transistor is way better in basically every conceivable way, but the press that loves the mediocre Bastion seemed to turn up their collective nose at Transistor.

Also Pyre seems completely uninteresting.

The disparity in love for Bastion and Transistor is also odd to me as someone who thinks the latter is a far better game. I've tried to play Bastion on three different platforms and can only get about half way each time. Now I want to go re-download Transistor. I'm not saying everyone shouldn't love or prefer Bastion, but at least give the game a shred of the credit.

Hopefully Pyre is great and reaches the levels of Bastion. I'm probably going to spend my $15 from PlayStation's E3 thing on it.

But I also kind of want Night in the Woods or Undertale...

What prompted this discussion? ^^`

Antiwhippy

The disparity in love for Bastion and Transistor is also odd to me as someone who thinks the latter is a far better game. I've tried to play Bastion on three different platforms and can only get about half way each time. Now I want to go re-download Transistor. I'm not saying everyone shouldn't love or prefer Bastion, but at least give the game a shred of the credit.

Hopefully Pyre is great and reaches the levels of Bastion. I'm probably going to spend my $15 from PlayStation's E3 thing on it.

But I also kind of want Night in the Woods or Undertale...

Both are better games.

edit: better than bastion I mean. Dunno about pyre yet. Misread as you spending money on bastion. :p

Mr. F

Banned
This has probably made the rounds already but I was kind of surprised to see ME: Andromeda for 20 bucks at bestbuy today

To be a fly on that on that boardroom wall...

Antiwhippy

This has probably made the rounds already but I was kind of surprised to see ME: Andromeda for 20 bucks at bestbuy today

Isn't it still a multi-million seller?

Maybe not enough to recoup all the dev time spent though.

I saw someone post a pic of what appeared to be 20 or more deluxe editions at Goodwill for $12.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom