• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raitaro

I still feel the Giant Bomb crew should do a series of East vs West style Splatoon 2 team battle videos at some point. I'm sure they could potentially have a good time doing that and would appreciate the game more that way.

And sure, a has been pointed out above, they don't have to play each new game but they also shouldn't dismiss a game outright that might scratch a similar multiplayer itch as Rocket League, PUBG and other games have been doing just because it looks too familiar to the first game on a surface level (BRAD!) imo.

That or atleast try a Salmon Run session over local wireless with four duders. That could be cool, just like that Gears of War 4 horde mode video they did or the Destiny raids.

Weird how most of them, including Jeff, were quite enthusiastic about the first game back in the day (which was reflected in the GOTY deliberations that year) but that the majority of them never stuck with it or liked it enough to follow in Rocket League's example and do East vs West videos when the game made it possible with an update to play with friends and tweak settings and such (unless I'm misremembering things - I don't have gaming friends so I never tried these features).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I still feel the Giant Bomb crew should do a series of East vs West style Splatoon 2 team battle videos at some point. I'm sure they could potentially have a good time doing that and would appreciate the game more that way.

we'll get 27 more pubg videos.

And sure, a has been pointed out above, they don't have to play each new game but they also shouldn't dismiss a game outright that might scratch a similar multiplayer itch as Rocket League, PUBG and other games have been doing just because it looks too familiar to the first game on a surface level (BRAD!) imo.

That or atleast try a Salmon Run session over local wireless with four duders. That could be cool, just like that Gears of War 4 horde mode video they did or the Destiny raids.

Weird how most of them, including Jeff, were quite enthusiastic about the first game back in the day (which was reflected in the GOTY deliberations that year) but that the majority of them never stuck with it or liked it enough to follow in Rocket League's example and do East vs West videos when the game made it possible with an update to play with friends and tweak settings and such (unless I'm misremembering things - I don't have gaming friends so I never tried these features).

Bruh, they don't have to try and make themselves like the game. They don't typically do much more than a quick look for most games, why should Splatoon 2 be different?

Most of them didn't stay on Rocket League either.

chogidogs

I'm still looking forward to Destiny but I recently started playing FFXIV again so that's been scratching my treadmill/raiding itch. Also, I suck at shooting and I'm OK at keeping people alive.

So basically, I want to be a white mage guardian.

imBask

Banned
let's face it, west knows they got nothing on team East in any game, any place, any time.

Jeff? decent
Brad? will fall asleep during the match
Ben? controllers weren't designed for his giant hands
Jason? has a kid, most lilkely too tired to perform
Rorie? distracted by puppies

Vinny? cold blooded killer, master of everything
Abby? cold blooded killer, can mimic any accent perfectly, perfect spy
Dan? cold blooded killer, trained in CQC, has a dog that will distract Rorie
Alex? cold blooded killer, dead inside, nothing can hurt him
Jeffrey B? cold blooded killer, can build a bomb out of a smart fridge

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nick Suhmus Robinson is on some twitch talk show right now

oh god hes next

nick and griffin would make way more on twitch than they do at polygon

imBask

Banned
i'd probably care about the McElroys if they were in a Kinda Funny or GB type deal, the Polygon barrier is really hard to ignore

oti

Banned
No.

Their job is talking about games they enjoy playing. It's decidedly not their job to talk about every game out there and that's one of the reasons they started Giant Bomb in the first place.
The GBW guys are likely not going to get hype for Splatoon 2, that's their prerogative.
Maybe Alex or Dan will, who knows. For one i'm glad they are not trying to feign interest just because it's the hot new release of the week.

Asking them to talk about a game for more than 10 minutes is not some crazy demand. They could shit on the game for a solid hour if that's what they want to do, but hearing their opinion is why I'm here. Them apparently not having an opinion is the issue here.

Asking them to talk about a game for more than 10 minutes is not some crazy demand. They could shit on the game for a solid hour if that's what they want to do, but hearing their opinion is why I'm here. Them apparently not having an opinion is the issue here.

Nobody can legitimately have an opinion on everything and you shouldn't trust anyone who does.

imBask

Banned

why do you expect them to have an opinion on everything?

imBask

Banned
They're a video games site.
Asking them to have an opinion on a video game.

An outrageous demand, I know.

they're a personality driven website (presumably) about video game

Do you want a full list of games they ignored on the bombcast just this week? That's not really the point of GB...

- J - D -

Forcing them to talk about things they dont have experience with is a recipe for disaster, you'd think we'd all have realized that by now.

oti

Banned
Forcing them to talk about things they dont have experience with is a recipe for disaster, you'd think we'd all have realized that by now.
If they didn't play the game, don't talk about it. Sure. I'm wondering why they didn't play it. They got the codes, I don't expect a review but some actual impressions would be nice.
hey i'm not listening to the podcast live but there :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_video_gaming

tell me if they mentionned every game on that list

how was the Energy Balance for PSVita talk?

You said this podcast. :p

Splatoon is Nintendo's next game and Switch's next game. I'm pretty sure enough people who care about GB also care about those two things. I get they want to do what they want and I'm not telling them to stop, but providing their opinion on a god damn video game is why they're there. The fact they didn't care or play enough to talk about a game for 10 minutes is what's bugging me.

And we're not talking Xenoblade or some esoteric stuff here. They actually did like Splatoon.

It keeps hitting new lows. Where is the bottom?

C4tldQhWMAAaqRF.0.jpg

C4qj8muWQAAMKg4.jpg:large

You are living it

Lunar FC

Wrestling will always be lame, but has anybody here seen the 30 for 30 on the XFL? I barely remember the league from when I was a kid, but the doc was pretty good.

imBask

Banned
Do you listen to MBMBAM and their other shows? That's where the best McElroy content is. Also Monster Factory.

sadly I already have too many podcasts on my list :(

I kinda sorta liked Monster Factory, but as soon as they started playing the games I got bored everytime

daveo42

Banned
Why is Blanche from Golden Girls hanging out with those kids and Mike Pence?

If they didn't play the game, don't talk about it. Sure. I'm wondering why they didn't play it. They got the codes, I don't expect a review but some actual impressions would be nice.

You said this podcast. :p

Splatoon is Nintendo's next game and Switch's next game. I'm pretty sure enough people who care about GB also care about those two things. I get they want to do what they want and I'm not telling them to stop, but providing their opinion on a god damn video game is why they're there. The fact they didn't care or play enough to talk about a game for 10 minutes is what's bugging me.

And we're not talking Xenoblade or some esoteric stuff here. They actually did like Splatoon.

The majority of people at GB that were really into Splatoon for any amount of time are at East, so a lack of talk on the game shouldn't really bother you. Especially if they aren't as interested in the game as some others on the site. Not every person has to cover every game because the community is interested in it.

Wrestling will always be lame, but has anybody here seen the 30 for 30 on the XFL? I barely remember the league from when I was a kid, but the doc was pretty good.

I remember watching one game when it first game out and being disappointed that the XFL wasn't as pitched: backyard football. At least we got that zipwire camera doodad from it right? The doc on it does sound pretty interesting.

Joeku

sadly I already have too many podcasts on my list :(

I kinda sorta liked Monster Factory, but as soon as they started playing the games I got bored everytime

Almost all the McElroy content anyone cares about includes nobody else at Polygon, the notable exception being Nick Robinson with Griffin on some things. He's practically an adopted McElroy at this point, anyway.

hamchan

How dare you mock Kurt Angle when he just confessed his deepest emotions in front of a huge crowd. I am so happy just looking at how proud he is for his son, Jason Jordan.

Hasney

There's a Japanese wrestling contest going on right now called the G1 Climax. Night 1 had the last three matches be amazing and why people get into wrestling and this was about 12 hours before WWE Raw.

WWE at this point is a brilliant parody to the point where even Dan is excited for Japanese wrestling.

How dare you mock Kurt Angle when he just confessed his deepest emotions in front of a huge crowd. I am so happy just looking at how proud he is for his son, Jason Jordan.

I'm waiting for the first crowd to realise "You're a bastard *clap clap clapclapclap* is a great chant

Hindl

They make keto pizzas?
It's one of the biggest "fake carbs" meals in keto. Keto pizza dough is pretty widespread all over keto recipes. It even has its own name, "Fathead Pizza". Basically it's just melted mozzarella cheese and egg whipped together until it forms enough of a crust to through tomato sauce and more cheese on it

Raitaro

we'll get 27 more pubg videos.

Which is also great, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately they decided to make those videos premium content so I can't watch them. I'll get flak for saying this but I personally feel that it would be better if they'd keep content free if it is on current games like PUBG that they are continuously referring to in their podcasts and such (at the cost of discussing other games directly and indirectly), whereas older games like the Yakuza, Contra and Metal Gear seem to lend themselves perfectly to subscriber only videos for those that wish to pay to get more content.

Didn't they do most of their Hitman extended coverage outside of premium as well by the way? Why not do this for PUBG as well? Hopefully they'll put up a few of these PUBG videos on youtube if it actually wins their GOTY...

Bruh, they don't have to try and make themselves like the game. They don't typically do much more than a quick look for most games, why should Splatoon 2 be different?

True but in this case it could be argued that many of them quit the first game before it got all its extra content as well as ways to play with friends instead of random people etc. Most of them didn't seem to have anything against the gameplay or style of the game, but mostly disliked the random matchmaking as well as the relative lack of launch content and slow map rotation if I remember correctly, all of which have been addressed in Splatoon 2 (and 1 later down the line in most cases).

And even if they don't end up all being the biggest fans (again), just like with Rocket League or Mario Party it would make for some good content for the viewers so why not at least do a few matches to give it second chance and then call it a day?

Most of them didn't stay on Rocket League either.

True enough, but at least we got some videos out of that game before they gave up on it.

Ashby

It's one of the biggest "fake carbs" meals in keto. Keto pizza dough is pretty widespread all over keto recipes. It even has its own name, "Fathead Pizza". Basically it's just melted mozzarella cheese and egg whipped together until it forms enough of a crust to through tomato sauce and more cheese on it

Damn. Maybe I'll go back on low carb after all.

daveo42

Banned

Wow...didn't know that existed. I usually only ever heard of cauliflower as a replacement for any types of breads or doughs, but not straight cheese.

Hindl

Which is also great, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately they decided to make those videos premium content so I can't watch them. I'll get flak for saying this but I personally feel that it would be better if they'd keep content free if it is on current games like PUBG that they are continuously referring to in their podcasts and such (at the cost of discussing other games directly and indirectly), whereas older games like the Yakuza, Contra and Metal Gear seem to lend themselves perfectly to subscriber only videos for those that wish to pay to get more content.

Didn't they do most of their Hitman extended coverage outside of premium as well by the way? Why not do this for PUBG as well? Hopefully they'll put up a few of these PUBG videos on youtube if it actually wins their GOTY...
No actually the opposite. Aside from QLs for each new map, like two random videos and Extra Life, every Hitman video is premium. This also includes the 2nd half of maps that they didn't complete in the QL
Damn. Maybe I'll go back on low carb after all.
It's kinda rough to work with and easy to mess up so I just gave up. But you can also use the dough to make keto "gnocchi" and other similar foods
Wow...didn't know that existed. I usually only ever heard of cauliflower as a replacement for any types of breads or doughs, but not straight cheese.
Yeah just a bag of shredded mozzarella melted in the microwave, toss in two eggs and fold until it gets to a somewhat dough-like consistency. It was always too wet when I made it though. When I do low carb I just stick to meat, cheese, avocado and some vegetables. I generally find if you keep looking for ways to eat the food you're not supposed to, it doesn't taste as good and just makes you want to quit the diet. But a lot of people swear by Fathead pizza, and if you do get it working it's a good enough substitute

daveo42

Banned
It's kinda rough to work with and easy to mess up so I just gave up. But you can also use the dough to make keto "gnocchi" and other similar foods

Yeah just a bag of shredded mozzarella melted in the microwave, toss in two eggs and fold until it gets to a somewhat dough-like consistency. It was always too wet when I made it though. When I do low carb I just stick to meat, cheese, avocado and some vegetables. I generally find if you keep looking for ways to eat the food you're not supposed to, it doesn't taste as good and just makes you want to quit the diet. But a lot of people swear by Fathead pizza, and if you do get it working it's a good enough substitute

I've been off and on a low carb diet for some time after seeing some great success a few years ago. The problem with keto specifically is watching calorie intake, since fat is so energy dense. I also have a bit of an issue with overeating, which made losing the weight a bit harder. I'm more focused on leaner proteins and veggies, but the call of Taco Bell is strong some days.

Hindl

I've been off and on a low carb diet for some time after seeing some great success a few years ago. The problem with keto specifically is watching calorie intake, since fat is so energy dense. I also have a bit of an issue with overeating, which made losing the weight a bit harder. I'm more focused on leaner proteins and veggies, but the call of Taco Bell is strong some days.
Yeah Keto if you can actually stick to it is incredible and really does work. I remember the first time I did it, I stuck with it for two weeks and literally lost 14 lbs. Granted that was water weight but still. But yeah, I ran into the same problem, I'd be struggling to stay under my caloric intake without being hungry. Then I'd just stuff my face and undo all that progress. I just didn't have the willpower to stick with it, especially since one cheat day can throw you off the diet for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom