• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just climbed a tower in HZD to reveal the map

I FUCKING KNEW THIS SHIT WAS UBISOFT

Did the hunting for crafting parts and taking over outposts not give it away?

Its basically Far Cry but someone sat down and said "what if instead of a billion boring towers to climb and outposts to take over and weapon challenges to do with only have 5 or 6 of each and polish them all up as much as we can"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did the hunting for crafting parts and taking over outposts not give it away?

Its basically Far Cry but someone sat down and said "what if instead of a billion boring towers to climb and outposts to take over and weapon challenges to do with only have 5 or 6 of each and polish them all up as much as we can"

I mean I kind of knew it was from the previews but everyone on gaf acted like it was so much better than the usual ubisoft 'tripe' they try to act so above

but its like the same other than better graphics and VA. Am I supposed to be impressed by destroying body parts like Capcom aint been doing that shit since 2002?

I mean I kind of knew it was from the previews but everyone on gaf acted like it was so much better than the usual ubisoft 'tripe' they try to act so above

but its like the same other than better graphics and VA. Am I supposed to be impressed by destroying body parts like Capcom aint been doing that shit since 2002?

Blowing off big chunks of robots with the tear arrows and then shooting the robots with their own gun was fun for me but yea it's not like super impressive i guess, but fun for sure. The story gets cool but a lot of the good stuff comes from the backstory and how the world came to be how it is. Killzone was basically the same way except it's backstory isn't even mentioned in the actual games.

Also Aloy is a cool lady protagonist in a giant AAA game which is nice

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tekken 7 was good as fuck this year. The only complaints I have about it are that the console versions launched pretty crummy and the story mode was a disappointment

Gb9ShBc.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
2013 gotycasts: Rogue legacy is one of the tightest controlling games.

2017: Dead cells is so good because it's not as floaty and loose as Rogue Legacy.

pizzacat

Banned
Tekken 7 was good as fuck this year. The only complaints I have about it are that the console versions launched pretty crummy and the story mode was a disappointment
UE4 supposedly adds a couple of frames into the input lag for ps4

And somethings gotta give when saddest company of all eternity Sony is making kings tie costume and the jukebox ps4 exclusive

I have 70+ hours on tekken and haven't touched anything in single player but my wants in a fighting game are way different than most so

Harpuia

who made those comments tho

I definitely remember the GB crew praising Rogue Legacy for its controls. Which would have been Brad/Patrick/Jeff. I think Dan is the person who got most into Dead Cells, so if I recall, it was probably him that said something about the controls.

Harpuia

Oh The End is Nigh. :( The description on the steam page made me think it was more exploratory than it was. I thought it was the binding of isaac guy's take on something like Knytt/Within a Deep Forest. It's just like..a slower more methodical Super Meat Boy. But with, kind of annoying level design? Did a refund on it, and I'll probably grab it once it goes on sale.

Alfredo

Started watching the second Steal my Sunshine just now, and, yep, I figured they'd
break the gumball machine
, lol. I actually bought the same kind of machine recently as a Mentos dispenser (quite a coincidence that they were up to their own gumball machine shenanigans). The reviews for the machine noted how fragile the glass is, so I got scared when they were shaking it in the first episode.

They could always go for those plastic ones!

Remember when people thought they wanted another Mirror's Edge?

I enjoyed the second one though. It has flaws, particularity, the first half of the game is meh but as you unlock more moves the game offers tons of ways for you to approach or speed your way through things. The time trails are probably the best thing in that game aside from a few story missions.
just popped
LIVE DOTA CONTENT
mRLY780.png
cyYDTTn.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also it's so weird to see them excited for odyssey now when they've been pretty much ambivalent towards all the 3D mario games mentioned in the GOTYcasts that I've listened to.

sixghost

I enjoyed the second one though. It has flaws, particularity, the first half of the game is meh but as you unlock more moves the game offers tons of ways for you to approach or speed your way through things. The time trails are probably the best thing in that game aside from a few story missions.

cyYDTTn.gif

The time trials in the first Mirror's Edge were awesome too. I don't even think I finished the game, but I played a ton of the time trials.

The time trials in the first Mirror's Edge were awesome too. I don't even think I finished the game, but I played a ton of the time trials.

The only problem with the second game when it comes to the time trials is that the experience when you first do them vs when you have most of the moves unlocked is a vastly different experience. In the first game this is basically eliminated because there are no locked moves, you have whatever the game has to offer to you from the get go.

TraBuch

Banned
I think Brad and Ben should do a feature where they play all the other MOBAs. They could call it, I dunno, Ranking of MOBAs.

Joeku

I mean it really is just a narrowed, polished Ubi formula with half decent writing and a cool robot dinosaur gimmick. I would hope nobody celebrating is calling it original, because it isn't. It's just putting familiar things together really well. I even did all the crafting and hunting stuff; it's 2017, I wouldn't be caught dead doing that anymore.

Gonna miss the live Dota thing but looking forward to catching the archive. I will never understand Dota but I always like to try.

Make sure you call me out for my Get Even opinions after you play it, DM. I need to talk to someone about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom