• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i really love features like Steal My Sunshine. I hope they keep it up!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wait, what? Disco Guy from Yakuza 0 is Dave Lang, right? Tell me GBEast realized this.

cqkSzD7.gif

Please tell me this. I am dying to watch that series.

You're kidding, right? : p
I think that guy is based on DJ KOO:

I was not a fan of the destiny 2 beta. Writing was bad, fought the exact same bullet spongey enemies, abilities and super charge super slow. Aiming feels super slow even on Max sensitivity and the shooting does not feel as good as the first game. Strike actually has mechanics this time around but still really basic. Definitely not gonna get this one unless my friends really want to.

I'm looking forward to the Dota stream, it's a game they are passionate about so should be good content. The sunshine stream today was amazing, was laughing really hard!

PUBG is boring to watch too but at least it can be funny. There's nothing funny about Dota.

The thing with PUBG is that the tension the player feels can actually translate to the viewers. Its why watching streams can be so compelling despite that fact that 80% of the time nothing is happening.

Finished BitE today, man that game was awesome. If I had more time I would buy and play it myself immediately. The characters, writing and music were all great. I really hope they continue playing through them. Looking forward to the stream Friday!

Joeku

Wait, just watching the bombcast now...did Brad not know Switch could do ad-hoc multiplayer? Or am I misunderstanding what he's not understanding?

valeo

PUBG is boring to watch too but at least it can be funny. There's nothing funny about Dota.

PUBG viewership requires you to know a handful of things;

1. You drop out of a plane to a starting destination.
    The blue circle closes in and it will kill you.
    Last alive wins.

DOTA viewership requires you to know about a billion things about game mechanics to really appreciate it. That is why I hate watching it.

I think that simplicity has helped it out with Twitch-Shooters tend to not last at high viewership in Twitch.

But PUBG-It's a multitude of reasons it works with it.

It's simple.
It's always different.

With Mobas, that's one thing that helps it-It's always different. The match ups, the events, etc. Same with PUBG. And I think this aids with retaining viewership. It's that fluid difference in each match-that you can argue is determined with wherever the player lands makes it automatically different.

Same with Mobas-It's the match ups, it's what character the player chooses, it's what path they take in a match. It's why League and DotA have retained high viewership.

Compared to something like Destiny, where there isn't that randomness to make it exciting.

oti

Banned
Wait, just watching the bombcast now...did Brad not know Switch could do ad-hoc multiplayer? Or am I misunderstanding what he's not understanding?

I'm wondering if they forgot for a second that you can take the Switch out of the dock. That's unlikely since Jeff apparently hates the dock and doesn't use it but it's the only way I could fathom those two people not knowing how local multiplayer works.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dude, if you've listened to the way they've talked about 3DS and vita games for years you wouldn't be surprised to know that they don't know what ad-hoc multiplayer is .

oti

Banned
More Dota content makes me legit angry at West.

Dude, if you've listened to the way they've talked about 3DS and vita games for years you wouldn't be surprised to know that they don't know what ad-hoc multiplayer is .

Didn't they use to play Mario Kart DS like every day for some time years ago?

oti

Banned
Why do you expect people to remember what their lives were like when the DS was out.

OK. In that case it's truly hilarious how they gush over the new iPhone every year and spend thousands of dollars on it and don't know how this kiddy tech works.

Heck, it's hilarious how they work in this industry and don't know this to begin with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, yeah. You should have been with me when they were talking shit about the Vita.

Seeing how you love the switch and all.

Which is basically a vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom