• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Do you think they knew they couldn't get away with making it premium?

I think they're trying to reach more people. And since Ben seems to know stuff about Dota, they see their chance to give it another go.

PUBG, Memes, Dota and the occasional great Dan feature. This is what we are now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If they were trying to reach out to more people they would make videos about spiderman and elsa learning how to play Dota with fidget spinners.

I think they're trying to reach more people. And since Ben seems to know stuff about Dota, they see their chance to give it another go.

PUBG, Memes, Dota and the occasional great Dan feature. This is what we are now.

If they wanted to get the Dota people beyond what they already have, they'd put it on Twitch or something. This just seems like "I dunno, let's play Dota."

Antiwhippy

Eh, same with PUBG really.

I thought that's what they were trying to do by putting it on youtube but then they took it down.

derFeef

Sad.
Splatoon 2 waiting at home for me. How is Nintendo with "early" copies?

derFeef

Man, west really needs to sit together and make a clear plan or something, this is horrible... it feels like they have no clue what to do. Dota is okay, but not make it a regular feature.

Antiwhippy

Is it an actual regular feature though?

I'd assume they're booting it back up because the international 2017 is coming up.

derFeef

Is it an actual regular feature though?

I'd assume they're booting it back up because the international 2017 is coming up.

Oh for sure, that's why I am cool with it. I enjoyed some dota content in the past even though I can't stand dota - but that's just mainly because of Brad's anger. Not sure this will play here well with Ben.

oti

Banned
I'm just happy steal my sunshine exists. Finally something new. Finally something that isn't PUBG and they seem to be genuinely into.

A feature of them playing Splatoon 2 and trying to help Vinny over the first bump would be cool. Or maybe he'd dislike it just as much as he does now, that would be cool too. But with Alex, Dan and Abby liking the game they should really take this opportunity and make the most out of it.

oti

Banned
Looks fun, can't wait to play it alone since I have no cool friends :p

That's not really an issue. Someone could post a link in this very thread, you follow that link and you're in a lobby with others.

Or you could play with complete strangers too. It's Horde Mode in the end. Should work fine without communicating too much.

Steal My Sunshine got a little dull last night. That level wasn't hard, they were just burnt out on it. Should have done something else and come back to it. Good series though.

Listening to the Bombcast on the way to work... man, I know have a reputation in here for shitting on West, but it's deserved. I had to skip through so much of it. You cannot make a good podcast when Ben and Jason make up 50% of it.

At this point I would kinda prefer West shutting down and East getting more talent... which is really sad.

You have a drastically different taste to me.

Fighting game talk, annoying voices, no interesting/funny personal anecdotes. Jeff and Brad can't carry that.

oti

Banned
At least the cut scenes look pretty in Destiny 2.

Will be checking out the Collection in three years for 20€.

Antiwhippy

It's EVO. Of course there's fighting game talk. If anything I'm hoping for some EVO talk from beast too.

At least they don't have a voice modulator.

derFeef

Speaking of podcasts... I tried listening to Waypoint radio again and I just can't do it,...
On top of it Danielle is constantly and screamingly interrupting the others and finishing their sentences. How are they cool with this?

Antiwhippy

Speaking of podcasts... I tried listening to Waypoint radio again and I just can't do it,...
On top of it Danielle is constantly and screamingly interrupting the others and finishing their sentences. How are they cool with this?

Danielle hosted ones aren't my favourite. She usually only hosts when austin is gone.

Tubobutts

All I know about Warhammer is that the designs are ugly. Thanks to you, I know have a second reason to dislike it. Thank you.
Even this design?
AsterionMoloc3.jpg

Valtýr

I've been listening since day one and I've never heard Danielle scream or cut people off, not a once. At least to the degree you're claiming.

Jintor

i liked peace but i don't really like be good or be good at it because it's a phrase that implies that if you do bad you should also be good at it and that's dumb

Dota is good and even fun to watch, but Giant Bomb (& friends) aren't generally the best people to watch play Dota. I'm definitely in if Jeff is playing though.

Zaph

More DOTA, huh?

How about a new West feature where Dan skypes in for 5 minutes, tells them what to do, and Brad isn't allowed to argue or tell him to shut up?

- J - D -

And to think we have like at least another month of dota content to deal with due to The International coming up in August.

Man at least invite Matt Kessler for any and all dota related content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom