• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Switch app is just so ridiculous. I discovered today that it will dim or silence any audio you have playing on your device if you even open the Switch app at any time.

Ashby

No preloading in 2017 is insane but after looking at their dumb app I'm really not surprised
Which is weird cause they did preloads all the time on Wii U

Also do you need a headset or can you at least use your phone in speaker mode for voice chat?

C'mon brehs, it's Nintendo and it's online. Avoid it or expect the worst.
I certainly expect them to not do enough for their online services, but this is particularly weird because it seems like they went far out of their way to concoct a complicated system of bullshit instead of the obvious and relatively simple correct way.
i'm still annoyed pokemon go does this

why
I didn't realize it did that too. Dumb.

Oakinn

its amazing when you think about it. Out of the hundreds of engineers working at Nintendo, No one thought "hey, maybe the voice chat should work if the phone goes to sleep." It's an incredible lack of awareness

to be fair tho, i'll take a Dan-type of film major over the typical type of film major any day. Pretentious film majors are actually the worst thing in the world

That's just a stereotype you're imagining. I don't like to use the word pretentious anyway. It's kind of meaningless and more often than not just points to insecurity in the user. Not calling you out specifically, but it's like "hipster". it doesn't actually mean anything.

Watching Jeff exlpore DOTA 2 content is the best DOTA 2 related on Giantbomb right now.
Man I'm going to NYC tomorrow but Splatoon 2 is supposed to be delivered. I hope it gets here before I leave but I'm not hopeful

I forgot about that movie. That's a tough call

Good is pushing it

It's better than telling people how good a film will be that will never be made.

Good is pushing it

You're fucking crazy

Yeah I'm probably crazy. I think I just don't like Herbert's writing style, it felt too verbose at times- like he'd spend an entire chapter describing the night sky on Arrakis.

I also read the book a long time ago, perhaps I was too young and impatient to fully appreciate it. I stand firm on my appreciation of the movie though!

Catvoca

Banned
I picked female, will that mean male sex or is it girl on girl?

Girl on monogendered Alien who looks like a hot blue girl

theotherguys.gif

kiguel182

That's just a stereotype you're imagining. I don't like to use the word pretentious anyway. It's kind of meaningless and more often than not just points to insecurity in the user. Not calling you out specifically, but it's like "hipster". it doesn't actually mean anything.

While the word pretentious might be thrown around easily those people do exist and are incredible annoying to deal with. Someone that thinks it’s so above intellectually over others that likes to show it even if their actual intelligence is average and they are simply spouting nonesense.

Actual intelligent people are more like Austin where he is extremely well read and intelligent but understands that there are different types of people and intelligences, is extremely open and helpful to others and is self aware (which pretentious people aren’t). He also isn’t afraid to enjoy silly things because he isn’t trying to put on a facade.

All of this to say being intellectual and pretentious isn’t the same thing and pretentious people are the worst.

Scizzy

Remember back when people still brought up Mass Effect (a bygone era) and Alex would invariably immediately yell "DO YOU STILL GET TO FUCK THE ALIENS???" Good times.

hamchan

My shitty Australian budget internet on TPG, over wifi, still has Splatoon 2 finishing the download in 34 minutes, having just started only 5 minutes ago.

So that's not bad.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just finished the Fire Pro Unfinished. Holy shit that Battle Royale.

Never count out Brad "Submission Expert" Shoemaker.

SummitAve

Banned
its amazing when you think about it. Out of the hundreds of engineers working at Nintendo, No one thought "hey, maybe the voice chat should work if the phone goes to sleep." It's an incredible lack of awareness

I still haven't forgiven YouTube for putting this "feature" behind a paywall.

It's not that they didn't think of it -- they designed it that way.

You'd have to actively program your app to behave that way.

Nintendo is just nuts.

Oakinn

It's not that they didn't think of it -- they designed it that way.

You'd have to actively program your app to behave that way.

Nintendo is just nuts.

oh for sure.

I've come around on Nintendo in a big way this year, but man their choices really leave a lot to be desired at times

Hindl

Watching Jeff exlpore DOTA 2 content is the best DOTA 2 related on Giantbomb right now.

It's better than telling people how good a film will be that will never be made.
It doesn't need to be a movie though
Yeah I'm probably crazy. I think I just don't like Herbert's writing style, it felt too verbose at times- like he'd spend an entire chapter describing the night sky on Arrakis.

I also read the book a long time ago, perhaps I was too young and impatient to fully appreciate it. I stand firm on my appreciation of the movie though!
Well that's understandable, I gave the book to a friend and they had the same issue. Like the whole "Dune. Dessert. Planet" line that gets repeated in the beginning. I loved his prose but I could see it turning people off
I'm playing Splat2n~
Goddammit

Listening to the Bombcast on the way to work... man, I know have a reputation in here for shitting on West, but it's deserved. I had to skip through so much of it. You cannot make a good podcast when Ben and Jason make up 50% of it.

Talking about "skipping through" parts of the podcast is always weird to me. I have listened to hundreds of episodes of Giant Bomb podcasts and I have never once felt the urge to skip any part of it. Are you guys just unable to handle listening to people talk about games you don't like?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Talking about "skipping through" parts of the podcast is always weird to me. I have listened to hundreds of episodes of Giant Bomb podcasts and I have never once felt the urge to skip any part of it. Are you guys just unable to handle listening to people talk about games you don't like?

Everybody has a finite amount of time to dedicate to media. If it's boring as shit (like most GB content for me recently), skip it and do something else. Timestamp guys on youtube bombcast videos are a lifesaver.

While the word pretentious might be thrown around easily those people do exist and are incredible annoying to deal with. Someone that thinks it’s so above intellectually over others that likes to show it even if their actual intelligence is average and they are simply spouting nonesense.

Actual intelligent people are more like Austin where he is extremely well read and intelligent but understands that there are different types of people and intelligences, is extremely open and helpful to others and is self aware (which pretentious people aren’t). He also isn’t afraid to enjoy silly things because he isn’t trying to put on a facade.

All of this to say being intellectual and pretentious isn’t the same thing and pretentious people are the worst.

I think you're totally right but the word is equally applied to people like Austin, even on gaf I've seen it thrown around towards him. It's just used to dismiss someone and/or their ideas. I prefer attacking the argument and not the person making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom