• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ziTHEsK.png

Once more, with feeling.

That is a whole lot of #content tomorrow!

Catvoca

Banned
that's also very true, at least he's doing some "original" stuff instead of fucking remakes and reboots omg who the fuck asked for a Flatliner remake UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHH

I actually don't mind the Flatliners remake. I'd rather they remake movies that had a decent premise but a middling execution than to try and remake movies that are perfect as is like Robocop or Ghostbusters.

imBask

Banned
I disagree, but I don't think I can articulate why off-hand. I definitely think they are all in the Nolan style. There's no mistaking them for anyone else's movies.

but isn't that most great directors tho?

like, all Kubrick movies have the Kubrick style... Wes Anderson, Edgar Wright, Tarantino, etc, you can tell just by looking at them

Strax

but isn't that most great directors tho?

like, all Kubrick movies have the Kubrick style... Wes Anderson, Edgar Wright, Tarantino, etc

I'd say Nolan is much more diverse in terms style then all those directors even though I like Kubrick and Tarantino more. Frankly, I wouldn't call Wes Anderson a great director. His directing clashes with the writing of the films and production design so much it always feels so off to me. Only time I think it works is The Grand Budapest Hotel, that's a fantastic film.

Is that the chicken that appears when you finish the bowling stuff?

They didn’t finish the real state and the cabaret storylines?

You can get the chicken at any time. I guess they just wanted to do it for the absurdity of it. I also think they should play enough Caberet Club to finish Yuki's training.

kiguel182

You can get the chicken at any time. I guess they just wanted to do it for the absurdity of it. I also think they should play enough Caberet Club to finish Yuki's training.

You can? I got the chicken when I got the friendship with the bowling girl maxed out.

I think Yukis training was the only I finished.

You can? I got the chicken when I got the friendship with the bowling girl maxed out.

I think Yukis training was the only I finished.

Well I think that's true yeah. I guess I just meant they don't have to walk into that real estate office again and still get Nugget.

Hindl

I'd say Nolan is much more diverse in terms style then all those directors even though I like Kubrick and Tarantino more. Frankly, I wouldn't call Wes Anderson a great director. His directing clashes with the writing of films and production design so much it always feels so off to me. Only time I think it works is The Grand Budapest Hotel, that's a fantastic film.
Moonrise kingdom and fantastic mr Fox are also excellent imo

oti

Banned
Clicked on Kinda Funny video.

"This Let's Play of [game] is sponsored by [THE SAME GAME]"

Un-subbed Kinda Funny.

Do what you need to do. All the best.

But nah.

Un-subbed Kinda Funny.

But nah.

Oof, yeah... have never been a follower of Kinda Funny but didn't have anything against them until I heard this. How long have they been doing this?

oti

Banned
Oof, yeah... have never been a follower of Kinda Funny but didn't have anything against them until I heard this. How long have they been doing this?

No idea. Subbed after Andrea joined but their videos never really show up on my feed. I clicked the one with the weird new cube puzzle game on Switch. Yeah. No.

oti

Banned
- This UPF is sponsored by Coca Cola Light
*5 minutes later*
- YO COKE LIGHT SUUUUUUUCKS WITHOUT ASPARTAME ITS TRAAAAAAAAASH

Mupod

damn shame it's improbable for me to watch East streams due to the time being in the middle of the work day. But more Yakuza is fine by me. Hope they do at least some of the slot car stuff. And Dan needs to face his Mr. Shakedown demons once and for all.

Un-subbed Kinda Funny.

But nah.

Then get ready to unsub/hate a majority of YouTube channels, even the larger ones like Rooster Teeth do sponsored content. Since when is that such an awful thing?

ev0

When these Youtube channels arent even self aware enough about what they're doing.
See: Rooster Teeth Wine & Cheese incident

Then get ready to unsub/hate a majority of YouTube channels, even the larger ones like Rooster Teeth do sponsored content. Since when is that such an awful thing?

I don't follow any of those channels anyway. And I don't have a problem with ads or sponsored content, but if you make a living talking about video games and acting as a critic or reviewer for them, being sponsored by a video game is an instant hit to your credibility.

Rooster Teeth specifically has been garbage for years, as are a majority of video game YouTube channels.

The whole thing just stinks to me even if they have to disclose it. It's one of the reasons why I love GB. It's not a matter of why but a matter of principle, I'm sure GB could do tons of sponsored shit and get much much bigger than they are right now but they don't and I respect them a ton because of that.

the real question : is Mad Max Fury Road a better action movie than T2, nostalgia aside?

Yes. I would even say Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the best movies of the 21st century.

So Nintendo may be making an N64 mini next year. I don't think it'll be nearly as popular as the NES/SNES, especially since it won't have Rare stuff and the other issues with the N64

I think we've talked about what games they could use, but there a bunch of issues. Will it come with four controllers? Will they rumble? Will they have the same bad analog stick? What about games that use the memory card? Will games be cleaned up? Early 3D really needs it. Not to mention the N64 was basically only popular in North America. But they could probably sell whatever limited amount they make.

Turn them off.
Play for 10h.
Hit a skill wall.
Turn them on.
Get accustomed to motion controls.
Break through the skill wall.
Never look back.

I never hit the wall, but I mostly stuck to turf war, the best mode.

I was fairly lukewarm on the Splatoon 2 demo (my first experience with the series), but the overall positive takes on the game, and its very fun "style" are bringing me back towards purchasing it.

Picked up FFXII last week but still have yet to play it, and just bought Cosmic Star Heroine on the PSN sale yesterday. I know if I get Splatoon 2 I probably will not get to FFXII before the fall game rush begins.

Decisions, decisions.

I bought FFXII, too, despite hating the base game. The job system and fast forward really make that game great.

I don't follow any of those channels anyway. And I don't have a problem with ads or sponsored content, but if you make a living talking about video games and acting as a critic or reviewer for them, being sponsored by a video game is an instant hit to your credibility.
Kinda Funny doesn't do reviews outside of them giving personal opinions on games.

If anyone is playing the WWE Tapthescreenalot game, how does the "Swap" thing work? It looks like it costs (in-game) currency, but I can't tell if it's actually boosting stats, or just changing wrestlers, or what.

Oakinn

RT slamming GB's review of Fallout 4 while wearing pipboys and also being sponsored by Fallout was gross.

I get what youre saying but RT has already lost any cred they had

Kinda Funny doesn't do reviews outside of them giving personal opinions on games.

That still counts to me. GB took a stand from the very start that they wouldn't even take ads for games or game-related products, and I really respect them for that. Almost no one else in the entire industry does that.

The whole thing just stinks to me even if they have to disclose it. It's one of the reasons why I love GB. It's not a matter of why but a matter of principle, I'm sure GB could do tons of sponsored shit and get much much bigger than they are right now but they don't and I respect them a ton because of that.
I don't ever really get too up in arms about sponsored content, because 99% of the time it's some really terrible game that needs all the help it can get, and you will see that in the first two minutes of the video. Also in cases like Kinda Funny where their livelihood is based around Patreon subs, I am sure sponsored content is a necessary evil for them.

RT slamming GB's review of Fallout 4 while wearing pipboys and also being sponsored by Fallout was gross.

I get what youre saying but RT has already lost any cred they had
Agreed, I wasn't trying to defend specific companies, but the fact that sponsored content isn't inherently bad, just how it is presented to the consumer. Places like Kinda Funny and Funhaus tend to have fun with those videos whereas places like Rooster Teeth really come off as shilling a product.

That still counts to me. GB took a stand from the very start that they wouldn't even take ads for games or game-related products, and I really respect them for that. Almost no one else in the entire industry does that.
Counting what they do as "reviews" is quite the stretch, and almost no one else in the industry is owned by one of the biggest media companies in the world.

I don't ever really get too up in arms about sponsored content, because 99% of the time it's some really terrible game that needs all the help it can get, and you will see that in the first two minutes of the video. Also in cases like Kinda Funny where their livelihood is based around Patreon subs, I am sure sponsored content is a necessary evil for them.

The second they have taken money to show off a game in a positive light, I can no longer trust their opinions on that game or any of its competitors in the future. Only takes a few of those kinds of deals for me to completely mistrust somoene's entire slate of opinions.

Ashby

The second they have taken money to show off a game in a positive light, I can no longer trust their opinions on that game or any of its competitors in the future. Only takes a few of those kinds of deals for me to completely mistrust somoene's entire slate of opinions.
Yeah, I don't really give a shit personally. All these people are just entertainers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom