• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguna

Neo Member
GB should make Dan the lead content coordinator for both coasts. I have faith he could think up a fun series that would get the best out of Brad and Ben, even if he himself wasn't directly involved.

Oakinn

They could be playing Splatoon Salmon Run. But instead they're playing the game they've played like over a hundred hours of on the site.

Ive been around GB since 2014 and have barely seen any dota content. Ive never played it and have no side in a content fight, just wondering if I've missed it in the last few years, or was it mostly older stuff people are referring to

Mr. F

Banned
Dan goes West and we get this

0070_ycdpa.gif

0071_eoeo1.gif

I remember editing

Got my Switch! Wi-Fi is kinda crappy and I had to shift some stuff around but Splatoon is downloading!

Now, how is the Dota going?

It's actually a good game of Dota if you care about Dota

If you don't care about Dota, it's literally just Brad playing with Ben coaching, there's no "twist" or gumball machine or anything

Ive been around GB since 2014 and have barely seen any dota content. Ive never played it and have no side in a content fight, just wondering if I've missed it in the last few years, or was it mostly older stuff people are referring to

In 2013 and a while in 2014 there was a feature called Daily DOTA where DOTA 2 was played on the site every day for between 1 and 3 hours. It is also the most-featured game on UPF, and has showed up in other features as well.

killroy87

Dan goes West and we get this

0070_ycdpa.gif

0071_eoeo1.gif

It's almost unfair that GB did this, because it's one of very few examples of them putting genuine production into a non-GOTY video. I know that the investment in videos like these is increased ten-fold in every capacity, but it would be nice to see some sort of thing like this once a quarter or something.

Mr. F

Banned
It's almost unfair that GB did this, because it's one of very few examples of them putting genuine production into a non-GOTY video. I know that the investment in videos like these is increased ten-fold in every capacity, but it would be nice to see some sort of thing like this once a quarter or something.

It's crazy to me they haven't taken a camera out to California Extreme or Steve Lin's games preservation initiative thing

Oakinn

In 2013 and a while in 2014 there was a feature called Daily DOTA where DOTA 2 was played on the site every day for between 1 and 3 hours. It is also the most-featured game on UPF, and has showed up in other features as well.

I've heard talk of daily dota, and had no idea it was that long. thanks

SummitAve

Banned
It's crazy to me they haven't taken a camera out to California Extreme or Steve Lin's games preservation initiative thing

I thought I remembered there being a couple vids from California Extreme. Not all produced and edited though it was just them checking things out.

kiguel182

Did a Splatoon match and did terrible. I ditched the motion stuff.

The game has separate se rings for handled and docked mode so that’s cool.

i mean, who would even do that out west right now? does jason have a lot of experience with documentary style videos?

i wish east would start doing that, it sounds like vinny and abby have more of the background in that

kiguel182

Anybody here played Gonner? I feel like I’m going to need a second Switch game and while TumbleSeed looks great I’m afraid it will just be frustrating.

killroy87

Anybody here played Gonner? I feel like I’m going to need a second Switch game and while TumbleSeed looks great I’m afraid it will just be frustrating.

Yeah, I hated it. The visuals are fun to look at, but they took away from the experience for me. I found it incredibly hard to parse out the important information on screen, especially with shit appearing and disappearing as I walk around.

Oakinn

Gonner is really great if you like roguelikes and dont mind dying. I say that with sincerity. I really enjoy playing it. Great visuals and soundtrack too

Mr. F

Banned

I've been really digging it so far, it's great for the kind of game that you pick up for a few runs a day. I'm not sure how much there is to it long term but for now it seems to fit how I use my Switch pretty well (short bursts on commutes and such).

Tumbleseed on the other hand is one I wanted to like a lot more than I did - I found the balance way out of wack and ultimately way too frustrating to stick with despite the gorgeous art and great music.

kiguel182

I'm watching the rollercoaster video for the first time. I don't know why it took me so long.

This is amazing and Dan is amazing.

Yeah, I hated it. The visuals are fun to look at, but they took away from the experience for me. I found it incredibly hard to parse out the important information on screen, especially with shit appearing and disappearing as I walk around.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid. It looks so good but the actual gameplay seems frustrating. Kinda wish it was a more relaxed experience.

Gonner is really great if you like roguelikes and dont mind dying. I say that with sincerity. I really enjoy playing it. Great visuals and soundtrack too

I love dying!

I've been really digging it so far, it's great for the kind of game that you pick up for a few runs a day. I'm not sure how much there is to it long term but for now it seems to fit how I use my Switch pretty well (short bursts on commutes and such).

Tumbleseed on the other hand is one I wanted to like a lot more than I did - I found the balance way out of wack and ultimately way too frustrating to stick with despite the gorgeous art and great music.

Nice to hear. Gonner it is. It's also cheaper.

And yeah, I want a short burst game. Altought Splatoon is also short burst but it's a multiplayer thing.

Oakinn

I think you can beat the entire thing in under 30 mins if you get really good. I've made it as far as world 2, so that's never going to be me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom