• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

I never really got the hate that AssCreed3 got. I ended up reallyyyy enjoying it and think it's my 2nd favorite (behind the first game). I didn't really care for any of the 2 games and really only dived into Revelations and Brotherhood for their multiplayer.

I really liked Haytham Kenway in 3 and the setting as well.

I never really got the hate that AssCreed3 got. I ended up reallyyyy enjoying it and think it's my 2nd favorite (behind the first game). I didn't really care for any of the 2 games and really only dived into Revelations and Brotherhood for their multiplayer.

I really liked Haytham Kenway in 3 and the setting as well.

I didn't think it was great but it's by no means a travesty like some people say, it was entirely forgettable but not in such a way to draw such ire from people.

Zocano

I didn't think it was great but it's by no means a travesty like some people say, it was entirely forgettable but not in such a way to draw such ire from people.

On my full spectrum of games I like, AssCreed in general is pretty low but 3 and 1 were really the only ones that I enjoyed the single player.

Revelations and Brotherhood multiplayer is fucking exceptional tho.

Salarians

I liked AC3 well enough, mostly because I liked Connor and the snowy atmosphere. Homestead aspects were alright too. Hated how they wrapped up Desmond's story but it didn't ruin the game for me.

Best version of the multiplayer too, best character selection (and snow).

Syndicate might be my overall favorite though. I really loved Evie and Jacob.

The issue with Creed is that it never evolved the franchise's core mechanics in a meaningful way after Brotherhood. Black Sail added the ship combat but that might as well have been a different game entirely (and now it is). You can look at the Mario series and see how each game has the same core concepts but each feels new and exciting, AC has been the same shit with a different coat of paint over the last decade.

tuxfool

Banned
The issue with Creed is that it never evolved the franchise's core mechanics in a meaningful way after Brotherhood. Black Sail added the ship combat but that might as well have been a different game entirely (and now it is). You can look at the Mario series and see how each game has the same core concepts but each feels new and exciting, AC has been the same shit with a different coat of paint over the last decade.

You can level that assessment to any number of franchises though. COD, Sports Games etc.

If you're going to judge it for being a reskin, then you should attack just about most AAA franchises.

robotrock

Banned
Enjoying today's Beast stream quite a bit but not too big on the grey background with the giant bomb logo plastered everywhere. Kind of a nitpick basically but I don't know. Is this gonna get burned in on my TV someone help

Unprofessional Fridays: 07/07/2017
2950411-upf070717.jpg

Jeff, Ben, and Jason bring you the best in video games that you brought to us.

Ashby

Should I watch either of these Playdates, UPF or just move on to Castlevania on Netflix

EDIT: Shit nevermind, Metroid Fusion on SGDQ!

Incase anyone missed this. On the subject of AC I think only the first and second game have a legitimately, hovering on good story. Especially the first one, shame that Ubisoft basically didn't give a fuck about any of it as time went on.

KYOww5v.png

It makes sense now why Jeff was in Ninja Gaiden/Black.
EDIT: Shit nevermind, Metroid Fusion on SGDQ!

That's basically me all week, tons of great runs and mindblowing technical details as always. Gotta get caught up on UPF & Playdate, leaving them for Sunday though after SGDQ ends. Can't wait!

Another bad UPF, huh?
...was just a dozen or so votes away from getting us a Falcom classic, instead of some shitty local multiplayer game they played for less than 4 minutes. At least the individuals who for some reason wanted to have Jeff go through the first few levels of EDF4 for the third time didn't get their way.

record ourselves watching old UPFs?
Or just have comments from old GBGAF threads scroll over them Niconico style.

Two whoppers from Dan in this playdate:

"Was Victorian just an American thing?"
"Is Android still a big thing?"

Vinny seems to be genuinely sure that you remove all of a human's internal organs when you embalm them, and is not just fucking with Dan.

They start playing some mobile game at 1:30 in, so I stopped there.

robotrock

Banned
Gb dad, you don't have to play it safe with us premium subs...we're here for u no matter what. So Change up the Friday show plss

Demo Derby stuff

PLAYABLE
Crimson Skies (Live)
Ninja Gaiden
Van Helsing
Galleon
VIDEOS
The Making of Sudeki
Driv3r
Mashed
Serious Sam 2
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
XNA Tech Demos
EXTRAS (not in german)
Rainbow 6 3 Carnival Map (System Link) (DLC)
Play:More

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I would legitimately like to see Jeff organize his garage. It would be much more entertaining than most of the stuff they're putting out these days. Itemize and claim all those plastic bins for work related expenses.

mintyice

...was just a dozen or so votes away from getting us a Falcom classic, instead of some shitty local multiplayer game they played for less than 4 minutes. At least the individuals who for some reason wanted to have Jeff go through the first few levels of EDF4 for the third time didn't get their way.

Or just have comments from old GBGAF threads scroll over them Niconico style.

FjJGdhw.png

how does everyone here feel about the current state of giant bomb dot com?

i really love the new hires but I miss drew

content is okay but I miss the “must-see” features like mgs and game tapes.

Ashby

Abby's very funny and as a video producer that's the most you can hope for. Ben feels like he's been there forever and not in a good way. Dan hit the ground running with new content ideas and to his credit hasn't let up. Ben so far has just been another guy on the couch, no new contributions.

Abby's very funny and as a video producer that's the most you can hope for. Ben feels like he's been there forever and not in a good way. Dan hit the ground running with new content ideas and to his credit hasn't let up. Ben so far has just been another guy on the couch, no new contributions.

Yeah

That's one stark difference. Ben is just...acting like he's been there for years and doesn't have to put effort into it? Like, I don't think he's tried anything new.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

content is okay but I miss the ”must-see" features like mgs and game tapes.

I love the site more than ever. Dan being at GB East has been super entertaining. Abby & Ben have both been fantastic additions. I am liking that GB goes for new faces when they hire.

I miss Drew too. Not too into the CM content just yet. I think the missile silo video was the strongest and will be interested to see more videos like that. Not sure what his next plans are since I am not a Patreon.

Danny is the only former-GB staff or former-GB regular that I still follow regularly outside of Drew. I also do not donate to his Patreon.

I have started watching Dr. DisRespect intermittently. He is a good contrast of humor style for me.

The only thing I feel Giant bomb lacks is that they don't push for video content outside of their excising format. Polygon have killed it lately, they've put out Car Boys, Touch the Skyrim, SoE Play, Hell, Monster factory, Retweet Toad etc.... We could do with more Too Human/Roller Coaster shit.

Outside of that I wish Jeff interviewed folks in the industry more. I don't see why they need to limit it to E3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Site is fine. Getting their feet back.

GBGaf on the other hand...

I like Ben and Abby as people and commentators, but I don't think they bring much in the way of unique content or or ideas. Abby doesn't know much about games in general, which is fine since that's not really why she was hired, and Ben is only interested in things that everyone else has covered.

I admittedly don't consume all Giant Bomb content, but the few times that I've noticed them try to get Ben to play new games, like PUBG or Friday the 13th, he was unashamedly trying to kill the game with his lack of enthusiasm, which is an annoying trait. I don't know why he led the Friday the 13th stream when he called it unmitigated garbage for the week leading up to the stream. He and Jason even "awkwardly" clashed with their reflection on that show during the next Bombcast, with Jason really enjoying it and Ben still treating it like trash. I also don't know why he led that one Murder Island when he was just going to randomly scream, shoot into the air, and go about getting himself killed in more idiotic ways than the other guys already do.

But Abby DID just get the guys to play Nancy Drew today, which was fun, so maybe she can bring in even more things that are out of left field for the rest of the crew. She's 10 years younger than most of the other guys, so there are a lot of interesting opportunities there. With that being said, this was my first chance to see her lead a video with her unique perspective, and I was pretty annoyed by how they seemed to abruptly dismiss the game halfway through the playdate to play Jackbox for the 20th time (it didn't win, but was one of their choices), of all things.

I'm always a little grossed out by the thirsty comments on every video Abby has even the slightest contribution to, talking about how wonderful she is and how she should be on camera more, though. That's absolutely not her fault.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Outside of that I wish Jeff interviewed folks in the industry more. I don't see why they need to limit it to E3.

Hell yes. Without Patrick and Austin, I would love to see some more serious type content. With Jeff's knowledge, he could put out some really interesting interviews about the current state and previous eras.

I love the site more than ever. Dan being at GB East has been super entertaining. Abby & Ben have both been fantastic additions. I am liking that GB goes for new faces when they hire.

I miss Drew too. Not too into the CM content just yet. I think the missile silo video was the strongest and will be interested to see more videos like that. Not sure what his next plans are since I am not a Patreon.

Danny is the only former-GB or former-GB regular that I still follow regularly outside of Drew. I also do not donate to his Patreon.

I have started watching Dr. DisRespect intermittently. He is a good contrast of humor style for me.
I like him cause he puts on a show. His production is amazing.

LowRoller

beastcast is amazing . GBE play dates are great. The bomb cast is good .

GB is 9/10, premium 4 lyfe.

Ashby

Yeah

That's one stark difference. Ben is just...acting like he's been there for years and doesn't have to put effort into it? Like, I don't think he's tried anything new.

I really don't mean to pile on but Patrick and Austin have been mentioned here and it brought to mind that, love or hate either of those dudes, things *felt* different when they came into the fold. I haven't gotten that from Ben. It's been business as usual from the jump with him. GB West really needed a shot in the arm with the new hire and unfortunately that hasn't happened.

Pretty good. In the last 2 weeks we got all this + A VRodeo(another one is on the way) + a demo derby(on the way) + Midweek Multiplayer Madness and the regular QLs(the latest Crash one is great), Unfinished, Bombcasts & Beastcasts. At some point the "no content" talk should just turn into "I'm just not interested in what they're making" which is better.

However, I also miss Drew but I also know that we must move on just as he moved on. I obviously wish nothing but the best for him and I love what he's currently doing(I'm supporting his shit). We all wanted more of those travelogue style videos from Drew and I'm super glad we're getting them now.
Site is fine. Getting their feet back.

GBGaf on the other hand...
Yup.

I really don't mean to pile on but Patrick and Austin have been mentioned here and it brought to mind that, love or hate either of those dudes, things *felt* different when they came into the fold. I haven't gotten that from Ben. It's been business as usual from the jump with him. GB West really needed a shot in the arm with the new hire and unfortunately that hasn't happened.

Eh

The East has always been fine because Vinny seems to try his best, and with Dan it's an unstoppable force.

Patrick and Austin...I never saw Patrick really work with the main crew, Austin was alright at East, it was a different dynamic with him. The west coast tho...at this point the Rock Star drinks they consume is a stark metaphor for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom