• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone popped into my head.

How well do GB live streams do versus their archives?

Most live streams happen during work hours where I would assume (hope) the majority of the audience is at work or college / school.

For the European audience its really on Gbeast streams that are doing at any reasonable with most of the east streams starting around 7pm GMT where as UPF is 11pm.

Makes me wonder what the archive versus live viewership is.

what happened

did they reference people having crushes

He talked about Vinny's interview episode and how a few people took what he said there and interpreted as he's leaving which left us with a fuck ton of pages in the E3 thread where people kept talking about someone leaving in between all the joking of course.

He later on mentioned that there was a time when all we wanted to know was if it was a VINNYcast or not.

Most live streams happen during work hours where I would assume (hope) the majority of the audience is at work or college / school.

For the European audience its really on Gbeast streams that are doing at any reasonable with most of the east streams starting around 7pm GMT where as UPF is 11pm.

I haven't watched a live show in years since moving to Japan, but they used to show the live viewer numbers on the live stream page? At least, 3 years ago they did. Live UPFs would get around 5,000 concurrent viewers. I assume they've grown since then?

Speaking of viewers, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty glad that the Fridota archive on YouTube has even less viewers than the Serial Cleaner QL that just went up today. I have no interest in that game at all, unless it's Kessler explaining how much he spent on hats, and I'm glad to see I might be in the majority for once.

I love to catch things live as much as I possibly can, there's a different feel and taste that's associated with that plus all the fun reactions on here. However even with UPF being 11PM here(2AM back in my hometown) I got used to saving UPF for the next day as I like watching UPF while having my lunch.

UPF starts 1am where I live. I watch it live every week

send help i have no life

I would love a 1am show. It's usually right in between ending and getting archived when I wake up at around 9am on Saturday. If I'm lucky, I'll wake up to the GBEast Playdate/B Game archive, but they haven't been giving me that lately. I guess I'm gonna be waking up to...Fridota for the foreseeable future.

it always struck me as weird that they have public live viewership metrics but no viewcounts for any videos

What is your bioshock infinite tattoo of?

It's AD on the back of the hand. Gotta be.

What of Bioshock Infinite? My guess would be the songbird :p
When did you get it? Excited for the game or you just really liked it?

It's actually the bucking bronco icon

EKkLQg4h.jpg

I got it after getting the scavenger hunt achievement.

Man I love that game

- J - D -

EKkLQg4h.jpg

Man I love that game

Nice.

I don't have a tattoo from it, but I proudly hang bioshock infinite artwork in my home.

The game has gotten a lot of retroactive flak but I love it nonetheless.

Joeku

Nice.

I don't have a tattoo from it, but I proudly hang bioshock infinite artwork in my home.

I'll criticize that game for nearly everything it does, even the way it uses some of it's visual artistry, but I won't say it isn't beautiful.

Nice.

Yeah, I do to. It doesn't reach the highs it sets out but I really appreciate the game's ambition and I really dig the ending(well, one aspect that's considered super spoiler-y is what I love most about it). GB's spoiler thing was a good time as well.

I'm a sucker for multi-dimensional shit.

Joeku

Yeah, I do to. It doesn't reach the highs it sets out but I really appreciate the game's ambition and I really dig the ending(well, one aspect that's considered super spoiler-y is what I love most about it). GB's spoiler thing was a good time as well.

I'll never get over them immediately becoming their audience: "Vinny, you aren't looking at the thing that's happening right there!"

Man I love that game

Oh, ok! Neat! If I ever got a game related tattoo, it would be something smallish and kind of like that! Was thinking about an MGS Foxhound logo tat for awhile.

My current tattoos:

A design that my artist came up with. Gave him a rough draft I drew up and he nailed it! Meaning is of how man has conquered/advanced so much, but we'll still always be at the mercy of nature which could wipe us out at anytime!

Part of the album cover of Purple by Stone Temple Pilots. They're my favorite band! Also has more personal meanings!

Part of the album art for Neon Ballroom by Silverchair. Another favorite band of mine that helped me overcome many personal issues! It's was done by a close friend of mine and is actually a watercolor tattoo! Her specialty!

And here's a bonus pic to see where they are all located:

- J - D -

I'll criticize that game for nearly everything it does, even the way it uses some of it's visual artistry, but I won't say it isn't beautiful.

Yeah it has its share of problems but it has perfect bookend sequences. If nothing else it makes a really good first and last impression.

Joeku

Yeah it has its share of problems but it has perfect bookend sequences. If nothing else it makes a really good first and last impression.

I'd argue that the end really cements its place as a failed project, where a dumb rollercoaster replaces any nuance that was even hinted at being there.

Frankly that's why I actually thing Burial at Sea was great; it was Levine using a sledgehammer to knock down the foundations of the house he had already razed. Pulpy and overwrought as shit. The world singing along to La Vie en Rose at the start of episode 2 is the cheesiest, best thing. Look how fucking much this kid loves baguettes:

712.gif

- J - D -

I'd argue that the end really cements its place as a failed project, where a dumb rollercoaster replaces any nuance that was even hinted at being there.

Frankly that's why I actually thing Burial at Sea was great; it was Levine using a sledgehammer to knock down the foundations of the house he had already razed. Pulpy and overwrought as shit. The world singing along to La Vie en Rose at the start of episode 2 is the cheesiest, best thing. Look how fucking much this kid loves baguettes:

712.gif

The ending is not subtle, but the Bioshock games I'd argue have never been subtl or particularly nuanced.

That kid did love his baguettes.

Joeku

No fucking way is Origins better than Asylum, that's some crazy talk

Long story short, it got the mechanical improvements of City, was actually able to design good looking characters that (aside from Bane) weren't weird muscle blobs, and had a strange love story to tell.

Not gonna say that Asylum isn't tighter because of how contained it is, but I'll take the gameplay changes over that, easy.

Also, I went back and played Asylum like last year when replaying the whole series. The writing really doesn't hold up even though the "Batman is just as crazy as the villains!" thing stands up.

Long story short, it got the mechanical improvements of City, was actually able to design good looking characters that (aside from Bane) weren't weird muscle blobs, and had a strange love story to tell.

Not gonna say that Asylum isn't tighter because of how contained it is, but I'll take the gameplay changes over that, easy.

Also, I went back and played Asylum like last year when replaying the whole series. The writing really doesn't hold up even though the "Batman is just as crazy as the villains!" thing stands up.

I'll give you that Origins is the best-written but that's a very low bar to clear, the writing was never the selling point in any of these. The mechanical improvements to the combat are welcome too but I'll still take Asylum's tight pacing and level design over Origins, which is largely uninspired when it comes to world and level design. Put it this way, I played through Asylum 4 or 5 times, but I lost interest in Origins the second time a few hours in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom