• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the Bioshock talk. My tier list is: Bioshock infinite, Bioshock Minerva's den, Bioshock 1, burial at Sea, Bioshock 2

Though every one is great imho

Yxglw0G.png

fuck

also

7SsxTxc.png

everyone has their kink

Oh, ok! Neat! If I ever got a game related tattoo, it would be something smallish and kind of like that! Was thinking about an MGS Foxhound logo tat for awhile.

My current tattoos:

A design that my artist came up with. Gave him a rough draft I drew up and he nailed it! Meaning is of how man has conquered/advanced so much, but we'll still always be at the mercy of nature which could wipe us out at anytime!

Part of the album cover of Purple by Stone Temple Pilots. They're my favorite band! Also has more personal meanings!

Part of the album art for Neon Ballroom by Silverchair. Another favorite band of mine that helped me overcome many personal issues! It's was done by a close friend of mine and is actually a watercolor tattoo! Her specialty!

And here's a bonus pic to see where they are all located:

Dude killer tattoos. And great source material!

Joeku

I'll give you that Origins is the best-written but that's a very low bar to clear, the writing was never the selling point in any of these. The mechanical improvements to the combat are welcome too but I'll still take Asylum's tight pacing and level design over Origins, which is largely uninspired when it comes to world and level design. Put it this way, I played through Asylum 4 or 5 times, but I lost interest in Origins the second time a few hours in.

Gonna challenge you on this, there was a very clear sentiment early on that this was the TAS in video game form, since Paul Dini worked on it. It was supposed to be an amalgamation of different Batman ideas in its own universe and as a standalone thing it worked with the story it wanted to tell, but the depth of any of these characters, for as intertwined as they were throughout the world, was completely absent. Even Batman himself got only got as far as "I'm afraid Jim will die, also oh no my parents", and I'll still cape for the 4th-wall breaking fear effects all day. Characterization was absolutely at least a talking point, and possibly a selling point too. Batman drawing an explosive Bat Symbol on a wall and exploding it right in front of his face while only turning his head slightly away from it is one of the best points of characterization via animation that I can think of, and I wish there was more enforcement like that in the actual writing itself.

And it's such a strange thing, but setting a game during a specific holiday helps ground it so much. Having Origins be about Joker falling in love with Batman during Christmas time makes it like Shane Black designed Love Actually in the Unreal Engine, and that's hilariously entertaining to me.

Santiako

How long does it usually take them to upload murder island to the site? I usually watch it live but today I couldn't and now am stuck at work with nothing to do.

I'm trying to like horizon but not getting into it at all. The same way I was with far cry 3 and 4. Everyone loved then but just do absolutely nothing for me :/

I'm trying to like horizon but not getting into it at all. The same way I was with far cry 3 and 4. Everyone loved then but just do absolutely nothing for me :/

If the story and characters didn't grab you then the gameplay won't unless much later(when it opens up and you start to get more shit). I really loved the world that Guerrilla Studios made by using humanity's forgotten technology as some sort of superstitious base ground for the next generation to fend on. That and the aspect of tribalism really surprised me because I was not expecting it to be like that but I was fascinated with how indepth it was.

- J - D -

I'm so excited for the next Steal My Sunshine episode. It's the first GB series in a long time where I can say that I anxiously anticipate for every week.

Salarians

it was definitely the story that kept me going through that game

I feel like if you're not invested in Aloy as a character, any of the secondary characters, or the setting, you might not enjoy it as much

Edit:
this Serial Cleaner QL is something

Joeku

Dan is so not going to be into that.

Well, maybe a post-Blade Runner Dan could be a little into that, but it's not going to bear out that way.

TraBuch

Banned
Remember when Jeff was REALLY into Let It Die? That was weird. What's up with that game, anyways? It still going on? Getting updates?

I saw everyone saying to play the side quests and I kinda don't want to play it anymore for the time being! I want to be able to just absorb the story! I'm still trying to plat MGSV anyways! About 140 hours in and 93% done!

MGSV was such an enjoyable 1000G for me. Between listening to BOMB/BEASTcast while playing and returning home after a long day just to snipe fools from a distance while listening to the instrumental version of Love Deterrence as the sun was setting was so good. So very good.

Whenever I think about MGSV, I think about such moments and I think about the incredible hidden side story that tells you alot about Venom as a character, shame most people never got to experience it though. It shouldn't have been hidden.

MGSV was such an enjoyable 1000G for me. Between listening to BOMB/BEASTcast while playing and returning home after a long day just to snipe fools from a distance while listening to the instrumental version of Love Deterrence as the sun was setting was so good. So very good.

Whenever I think about MGSV, I think about such moments and I think about the incredible hidden side story that tells you alot about Venom as a character, shame most people never got to experience it though. It shouldn't have been hidden.

MGSV was great, but it's hard not to feel burned by all of it. It was my second favorite game of 2015 and I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Salarians

I think Dan would prefer Nier the First because it has a Cool Dad and a Cool Lady who says foul words

and sheep murder

Autotomato has Butt Lady and Child Boy

Correct take: Minerva's Den was both the best DLC of that year and the best Bioshock game.

I haven't played Minerva's Den, but I definitely agree with the argument someone made in the gotycast that a mediocre game having great dlc is more noteworthy than a good game having good dlc.

MGSV was great, but it's hard not to feel burned by all of it. It was my second favorite game of 2015 and I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

It was my GOTY but I totally get why you'd feel burned out by it. I was kind of addicted to the whole ranking system and I loved experimenting. It was mostly due to coming out at the right time I think. There weren't many games around it and whatever I was interested in were all either small experiences(downloadable) or games that were releasing later like Mario Maker, Just Cause 3, Battlefront & Tomb Raider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom