• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Austin's first big project was months of getting the freelance budget pipeline rolling.
And that's now established and has e.g. allowed to pay turboman for best of's.

Jintor

my first e3 is dope and dismissing it like it ain't hot shit is fucked

all the australianism was worth it for jeremiah. holy shit

Austin's first big project was months of getting the freelance budget pipeline rolling.

which seems to have stalled :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yeah as much as I love the dude I don't remember him for bringing in new unique video content.

His stint with GBeast was the East's golden period though, holy crap. Yet to be rivaled.

I would actually be interested in this.

Now seriously, if you want to win your argument with stats, bring me the relevant, unique content created from their start date of Austin, Patrick & Abby so we can actually have a proper stat off instead of cherry picking.

Because really, I've followed Giantbomb for a long time and Dan is honestly the anomaly in quite a lot of ways.

Also I just want to say this is a weird competition to have.

I wanted to take his criticism seriously but he just plain insulted the guy like he punched his dog or something.

Zaph

I mean it's clear people who think that never dabbled with video shit and codecs. To have the entire thing stream onto fuck tons of sources just sounds like a pain in the fucking ass, have nothing but respect & appreciation for Jason. Here's hoping a helping hand comes along soon because if Vinny looked that happy when Abby joined then man....

Of course video production is difficult, especially live, but at some point you're just humouring them if you think issues like being oblivious to the video switching during UPF is okay. If everything is still on fire because of E3, maybe stay in the control room until its ironed out? If two full-time editors struggle to put on a show together alone, then maybe that says more about the show itself?

Jintor

Yeah as much as I love the dude I don't remember him for bringing in new unique video content.

austin actually has a significant dearth of video content which is depressing. he's mostly voiceover in QLs, Project BEAST, or beastcasts.

most of his onscreen stuff is from e3s or behind the desk during vinnyvanias

His stint with GBeast was the East's golden period though, holy crap. Yet to be rivaled.

When my free time kicks in one day I really want to get that best of the first-50 eps

Antiwhippy

austin actually has a significant dearth of video content which is depressing. he's mostly voiceover in QLs, Project BEAST, or beastcasts.

most of his onscreen stuff is from e3s or behind the desk during vinnyvanias

Yeah but they were all fucking awesome. Vinny, Austin & Alex as a dynamic was so much fun. Mainly because Vinny needed both Austin and Alex to ground him lmao.

Jintor

i'm just saying there's not a lot of austin footage for opening sequences

the best part of austin and alex are that both of them play/ed vinny's straight man, but are very easily distracted into being their own weirdo goofballs

Of course video production is difficult, especially live, but at some point you're just humouring them if you think issues like being oblivious to the video switching during UPF is okay. If everything is still on fire because of E3, maybe stay in the control room until its ironed out? If two full-time editors struggle to put on a show together alone, then maybe that says more about the show itself?

I like Jason being out there and if him being out there brings some hiccups with it for the time being then so be it. I guess at some point it's about if this thing really bothers you or not, to me it doesn't. I imagine having Jason locked up in there alone, ALWAYS, would feel like dog shit.
I mean why take him seriously in the first place?

Because I like reading constructive criticism but yeah...

I would just like to say I don't hate Jason or anything. The dude has created some of the all-time great GB moments from the control room, when they had a Tricaster. Mario Party Party wouldn't be shit without him.

But again that just highlights how shitty things are now I guess.

A moment like this is now impossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVJ1DrHScA

Antiwhippy

I mean he clearly needs help. I've acknowledge that the production is struggling. It'll be nice if they can get to it sooner than later.

Guyyyysss. I just saw a commercial for a game show called Candy Crush where couples play a giant version of the mobile game. It's hosted by Mario Lopez.

I can live with the aggressive throwing of shade because #ThisIsNeoGAF but suggesting Jeff of all people doesn't know what he is doing is just mental. Fucking baffling opinion.

By all means jeff hired a someone whos wors3 than jason. Atleast Jason has an identity. Ben is just there to please jeff, it seems.

Jebusman

Banned
The chat is just bad at picking bad games.

There's a difference between good/funny bad and just plain boring bad. They seem to pick the boring bad stuff not understanding that not all bad is made the same.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Stocks of "GBwest is dumb and for poopyheads while Gbeast is amazing and can do no wrong and I love them and oh god" continue to be on rise with +13% in the GBGAF thread and are about to overtake current market leader "something something Nier". More on the 9 o'clock news at 8

I don't
I don't know either
I'm bored

I see we are back to being armchair analysts and armchair production people here.

Jason keep holding the fort until the new member can take some of that burden off (hopefully) like what happened to Vinny.

Meguro

Banned
Let me bring some positivity into this thread by saying that FF12 is way better than I remembered and the remaster is a really good version of said game.

Let me bring some positivity into this thread by saying that FF12 is way better than I remembered and the remaster is a really good version of said game.

You have it already? I'm jealous!

I dropped it after about 10 hours back in the day but I'm going to get the remaster to give it another shot. As a huge Final Fantasy fan I feel like I owe it to myself to try it again. I also love Vagrant Story & FFT, especially the art style and music, so yeah.

AQjCX5A.gif

so GOOD

Scizzy

Fuck positivity, time for more negativity. I just played an hour of Flower for the first time and Vinny is right, that game and its motion controls suck.

(At least, my memory from when this was discussed years ago was that Vinny was alone in disliking Flower).

tuxfool

Banned
Fuck positivity, time for more negativity. I just played an hour of Flower for the first time and Vinny is right, that game and its motion controls suck.

(At least, my memory from when this was discussed years ago was that Vinny was alone in disliking Flower).

It's a CHILL game.

I think Chill is this thread's equivalent to time 'till Hitler.

mitchlol

Just listened to this weeks Beast Cast.... Dan using other peoples garbage to scrimp on popcorn and drinks -_- I was stunned even for Dan this was some questionable shit... still hilarious none the less to listen to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom