• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
You have it already? I'm jealous!

I dropped it after about 10 hours back in the day but I'm going to get the remaster to give it another shot. As a huge Final Fantasy fan I feel like I owe it to myself to try it again. I also love Vagrant Story & FFT, especially the art style and music, so yeah.

Yeah I got an early copy. And I was actually in the same position as you. I always felt that I should've liked FF12 way more than I did back in the day. Turns out I totally like it more now.

Seventy70

Yeah but they were all fucking awesome. Vinny, Austin & Alex as a dynamic was so much fun. Mainly because Vinny needed both Austin and Alex to ground him lmao.

I really do miss Austin. He was always so lighthearted and enthusiastic. Anytime he was on stream, he really lightened up the mood.

Now I really wonder what a Vinny, Dan, Alex, Abby and Austin GBE would be like...

GBW should just come over and merge with GBE. Watching Jeff's garage video though.....and yeah, that's never going to happen.

Hasney

Let me bring some positivity into this thread by saying that FF12 is way better than I remembered and the remaster is a really good version of said game.

Gah, the shop I bought it from usually gets Tuesday releases here on Saturday but didn't get it done. Now I'll be splitting time with FF12 and Fire Pro Wrestling.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Brad is great
Ben is great
Jeff is great
Jason is great
Vinny is great
Rorie is by far the greatest
Abby is great
Alex is great
suck it haters

In other news I just sold some stocks

Qq9dXvy.gif

Titanfall 2 run coming up!
Brad is great
Ben is great
Jeff is great
Jason is great
Dan is great
Vinny is great
Rorie is by far the greatest
Abby is great
Alex is great
suck it haters

In other news I just sold some stocks

EBTIo1P.gif

Zaph

I really wanted to get a 2DS XL, but that hinge is a bummer.

Is it something Nintendo usually fixes in a silent revision, or is it there to stay?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Did you make dat dough?

I feel too rich to hang out with you plebs in this thread.
I'm gonna start my own premium GBGaf thread where the sophisticated GB fans and Singles mit Niveau can hang out.

I'm stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours now, send help

Hasney

I really wanted to get a 2DS XL, but that hinge is a bummer.

Is it something Nintendo usually fixes in a silent revision, or is it there to stay?

It'll probably be there to stay. It was made to hit a cost while the 3DS one stays premium-ish.

Joeku

Titanfall 2 doesn't seem like the kind of game that would be full of glitches and skips. I'd bet the run is mostly people just playing it really well and really slickly.

And going back to watch random interesting runs; Jesus Christ twitch chat is the fucking worst.

I feel too rich to hang out with you plebs in this thread.
I'm gonna start my own premium GBGaf thread where the sophisticated GB fans and Singles mit Niveau can hang out.

I'm stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours now, send help

Here, something to pass the time.

Premium-grade entertainment.
Titanfall 2 doesn't seem like the kind of game that would be full of glitches and skips. I'd bet the run is mostly people just playing it really well and really slickly.

And going back to watch random interesting runs; Jesus Christ twitch chat is the fucking worst.
I dunno, I thought that about Mario 64, but then I saw someone walk into a corner and ascend into another level, literally. (Can't find the video, but I'm pretty sure that's how it went.)

Speedrunning is pretty much real-life magic.

swimbuff

One was hired as a senior editor and brought with him years upon years of experience in producing content. The other was a normal editor position. Ben is doing fine. Jason is doing amazing keeping things afloat, but he needs help which is coming.

Everyone in Giant Bomb is great. There's nothing else like them out there.

oti

Banned
Started listening to the Beastcast. Yeah, the comedy at the beginning is alright but it's just so much. And that Dumb and Dumber 2 segment.... MOVE ON!

What I really don't get though is why they just refuse to look things up before they start talking about them. Or just google it then and there. Knowing all the details before they start talking about the Switch Online service is not too much to ask for.

I hit the skip ahead button any time Vinny would prompt Abby for a character. I think the improv stuff often goes on way too long and isn't all that funny to begin with, so I couldn't even bring myself to see where they went with that.

Totally cool with them talking about The Mask sequels and Malaysian money laundering leading to Dumb and Dumber 2 ending up in the public domain.

Scizzy

What I really don't get though is why they just refuse to look things up before they start talking about them. Or just google it then and there. Knowing all the details before they start talking about the Switch Online service is not too much to ask for.

Probably my favorite difference between the two podcasts is that GBEast will discuss things while openly admitting they don't actually know the details while GBWest is more apt to be authoritative, but still equally wrong.

oti

Banned
Probably my favorite difference between the two podcasts is that GBEast will discuss things while openly admitting they don't actually know the details while GBWest is more apt to be authoritative, but still equally wrong.

"Are you sure?"
"Yes. That's what I read on twitter. I think."

kiguel182

Dammit the ending of Beastcast was something. Dan dumpster diving and then Jerimiah just killed me. It was so good.

This podcast keeps delivering every week.

Saty

I would actually be interested in this.

Now seriously, if you want to win your argument with stats, bring me the relevant, unique content created from their start date of Austin, Patrick & Abby so we can actually have a proper stat off instead of cherry picking.

Because really, I've followed Giantbomb for a long time and Dan is honestly the anomaly in quite a lot of ways.

Also I just want to say this is a weird competition to have.

Cherry picking? The Dan examples are only of his first month-and-half or so. I wasn't signed-up for GB when Partick started.

The point is it's a quick way to evaluate the contribution of Ben and other new hires.
Dan spearheaded content like mad; Austin, at the minimum, offered different povs, arguments and covered games others didn't. What did Ben bring to the table since he joined? He's 2\3 Jeff and 1'\3 Brad on tastes, type of games and interests but without the charm and effortlessness. And yes, his voice is not ideal for this line of work. Not sure what's controversial about this comment.

There are people who were dying to have his job and Ben is frankly doing nothing with this big chance he was given. I at least have expected him to have a stream of 'here's me, that's my jam, let me stream some of my most liked games ever' in his first days. He's content being in the back-seat and backing up Jeff. Where's the initiative? Where's trying new stuff and see what sticks? I'm sure other applicants had things planned in their heads of what they'll do and this feature and that feature.

Does anyone think Ben is 'earning his spot' with the work he's done so far? That he's doing stuff most any other hire wouldn't have done? As a subscriber i'm dissatisfied but i were an applicant i'd be angry of how little Ben is trying.

On top of Ben not spurring new\fresh content, in my opinion he's also bringing current ones down. I'm skipping and avoiding much more content, the guy just rubs me the wrong way. I don't have a problem giving him credit if and when it's due.

But it all boils down to Ben not making my watching experience more enjoyable. Dan, Austin and even non-member Backalar added to my enjoyment of GB content. Ben, at best, has no impact.

Yeah, Simeone to help out with jadon i believe.

Funniest thing about gbwest haters is that they go "LUL JASON LUL" when something minor goes wrong but stays completely silent when the East does it, like when they needed up the prey upload at first.

Even Vinny has talked about appreciating all the work jason had to do alone, especially for the e3 stuff.

But i guess that's how being myopic is.

This is like a post from a politics or sports thread. Shows how bizarre this place is.

kingocfs

Reading criticisms of the Beastcast and now I know how those few fans of UPF feel every week reading this thread.

Fans of GB Prime and GB's #1 rated show don't need validation. Maybe one day GB Least and its smaller, insecure fan base will be able to say the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom